HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers currently talking with Frolov's agent(Rumor: Allegedy ready to sign with NYR)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2010, 10:18 PM
  #51
Garfinkel1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
1 year, 5 per
2 year, 4.5 per.
3 year, 4 per
4 year, 3.5 per
5 year, 3.25 per (Never ever happening)

Go!

Garfinkel1 is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
  #52
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
1 year, 5 per
2 year, 4.5 per.
3 year, 4 per
4 year, 3.5 per
5 year, 3.25 per (Never ever happening)

Go!
5 years? lay off the pipe

FOXHOUND* is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:23 PM
  #53
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
5 years? lay off the pipe
If you're going to sign someone young and talented in frolov to a 2 year contract, what's the point. He'll be 33 in 5 years.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:24 PM
  #54
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind adding Frolov. I think he could be a very good depth option on the wings. Of course it all depends on the deal.

Edge is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:25 PM
  #55
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
If you're going to sign someone young and talented in frolov to a 2 year contract, what's the point. He'll be 33 in 5 years.
for a guy like Frolov, 4-6 years will be the contract he gets. i doubt he signs for 2 but stranger things has happened.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:26 PM
  #56
Mike The Franchise
Registered User
 
Mike The Franchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 1,015
vCash: 500
Dont remember him playing RW because we lacked LWers, he can play 1st line minutes for sure but he is inconsistent just to let you guys know.

Mike The Franchise is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:26 PM
  #57
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
There's a reason it's July 25th and this guy hasn't been signed yet.

RMcDonagh is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:26 PM
  #58
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
If you're going to sign someone young and talented in frolov to a 2 year contract, what's the point. He'll be 33 in 5 years.
Frolov is a stop gap if anything, if he proves himself over the next 2 years or so and it makes sense at the time then sign him for 3 more, but if it proves to be a mistake then your not locked in long term.

FOXHOUND* is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:29 PM
  #59
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
He could figure 1 yr in NY almost assured of top 6min if he busts his ass. This could be the perfect place 2 showcase himself for a bigger deal next year.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:29 PM
  #60
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
I'd be willing to do a 3 years for $4-million.

Edge is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:30 PM
  #61
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
Frolov is a stop gap if anything, if he proves himself over the next 2 years or so and it makes sense at the time then sign him for 3 more, but if it proves to be a mistake then your not locked in long term.
I wouldn't call him a stop gap at all. Considering it would be abolutely foolish to have this guy any less than 3-4 years...3 is even pushing it. He's a top 6 talent and it's good to know you have one locked up for a bit.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:31 PM
  #62
MPJohnny5
Registered User
 
MPJohnny5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
byndblueshirts

But Isakov added: "The #NYR have also showed great interest in Frolov. It's quite possible that Sasha will continue his career in NY."

Bring em to NY Slats!

MPJohnny5 is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:32 PM
  #63
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I wouldn't call him a stop gap at all. Considering it would be abolutely foolish to have this guy any less than 4 years.
Why would it be foolish to have him less than 4 years? there are obvious problems with this guy and he has to prove himself. If he comes in here and dogs it or cant get his **** together, having him at 4 years is what looks foolish.

FOXHOUND* is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:32 PM
  #64
The Perfect Paradox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk89 View Post
Dont remember him playing RW because we lacked LWers, he can play 1st line minutes for sure but he is inconsistent just to let you guys know.
Then he'll fit in perfect here.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:34 PM
  #65
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Did people honestly think that even before this was leaked, Sather wasn't talking to his agent? At least getting a "glance" at the offers, and finding out what entails?

Amazing how something like this sparks up the idea, and now everyone's on board and wants him for $4M. Yet, this is the same crowd who trashed and bashed him for asking for $5M.

RMcDonagh is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:37 PM
  #66
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
Why would it be foolish to have him less than 4 years? there are obvious problems with this guy and he has to prove himself. If he comes in here and dogs it or cant get his **** together, having him at 4 years is what looks foolish.
Sign him for 1-2 years then. Have him play very good hockey, and watch him leave the team or milk us out of $$. I guess you rather see that?

Frolov with the right cap hit is a guy that will garner alot of interest every deadline, that's if he is available for trade. You're talking as if this is Chris Higgins or Ales Kotalik you're about to sign for 4-5 years...Hell even they were tradable as bad as they looked.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:38 PM
  #67
MPJohnny5
Registered User
 
MPJohnny5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Sign him for 1-2 years then. Have him play very good hockey, and watch him leave the team or milk us out of $$. I guess you rather see that?

Frolov with the right cap hit is a guy that will garner alot of interest every deadline, that's if he is available for trade. You're talking as if this is Chris Higgins or Ales Kotalik you're about to sign for 4-5 years...Hell even they were tradable as bad as they looked.
Correct as long as Slats dont give him a NTC!!

MPJohnny5 is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:39 PM
  #68
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
for a guy like Frolov, 4-6 years will be the contract he gets. i doubt he signs for 2 but stranger things has happened.
Yup, completely agree.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:42 PM
  #69
The Perfect Paradox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Did people honestly think that even before this was leaked, Sather wasn't talking to his agent? At least getting a "glance" at the offers, and finding out what entails?

Amazing how something like this sparks up the idea, and now everyone's on board and wants him for $4M. Yet, this is the same crowd who trashed and bashed him for asking for $5M.
I'm not sure if your referring to everybody,. or just a couple of people. IMO, everybody is being pretty reasonable with this. I've only seen one poster who wanted him on a more then 4 year deal. Most of us want him on a short term deal at a fair price. If he asks for a penny over 4.5M, I would give it a huge **** no.

I'm not sure who was bashing Frolov in the other thread, I completely ignored it all together. Still really don't see what the big deal is.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:43 PM
  #70
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Sign him for 1-2 years then. Have him play very good hockey, and watch him leave the team or milk us out of $$. I guess you rather see that?

Frolov with the right cap hit is a guy that will garner alot of interest every deadline, that's if he is available for trade. You're talking as if this is Chris Higgins or Ales Kotalik you're about to sign for 4-5 years...Hell even they were tradable as bad as they looked.
I want 2 years because in 2 years we are gonna have kids that are ready to come up and I want roster spots for them. If frolov turns out to be a dud then we aren't locked in. At this point and with NYR luck he is more likely to be a dud than a success so best to cover our bases ahead of time with this one.

FOXHOUND* is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:46 PM
  #71
xxxZENxxx
Registered User
 
xxxZENxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
There is no doubt that this kid is big and has some game, but the contract has to make sense. This team is starving for offensive talent.

The comparisons to Zherdev might be true in terms of inconsistency, but Frolov has a MUCH better pedigree in the NHL.

Follow me on Twitter for all real-time NYR news and information:
http://twitter.com/bszen27

xxxZENxxx is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:47 PM
  #72
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,516
vCash: 500
Awards:
I'd like Frolov.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:48 PM
  #73
xxxZENxxx
Registered User
 
xxxZENxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
There's a reason it's July 25th and this guy hasn't been signed yet.
This post is just plain silly. There haven't been any forward signings because most were waiting on the Kovalchuk domino to fall.

Follow me on Twitter for all real-time NYR news and information:
http://twitter.com/bszen27

xxxZENxxx is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:49 PM
  #74
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
I want 2 years because in 2 years we are gonna have kids that are ready to come up and I want roster spots for them. If frolov turns out to be a dud then we aren't locked in. At this point and with NYR luck he is more likely to be a dud than a success so best to cover our bases ahead of time with this one.
Not every kid is going to pan out. You're also not going to squad a team full of rookies. You need to be smart w/ the kids and assert them accordingly. For example, Gilroy has no business playing over 60 games this past season.

And the bolded statement; with that mentality this team will never be able to hold onto talent. Frolov is a young legit top 6 talent. It's good to know you have players within that mold locked up for more than 1-2 seasons. I'd give somone with the DNA of a Frolov a 4-5 year contract. Considering the age, talent, and potential.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
07-25-2010, 10:49 PM
  #75
BlueShirts702
Registered User
 
BlueShirts702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: City of Sin
Country: United States
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
I'm a fan of him. The only problem is if they sign him how will they be getting younger? One less roster spot for a young guy.

I'd be down short term like 2 years at $2.5-3.2 million only if it means that Avery and Boyle are both off of the team making way for two of Weise/MZA/Grachev/Stepan.
Frolov isn't old. WTF. 2 years at 2.5-3.2?


Frolov is a 4-5 million dollar a year guy. That's just what the market is for a player like him.

BlueShirts702 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.