HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers currently talking with Frolov's agent(Rumor: Allegedy ready to sign with NYR)

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Garfinkel1

vCash: 500
1 year, 5 per
2 year, 4.5 per.
3 year, 4 per
4 year, 3.5 per
5 year, 3.25 per (Never ever happening)

Go!

Old
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
1 year, 5 per
2 year, 4.5 per.
3 year, 4 per
4 year, 3.5 per
5 year, 3.25 per (Never ever happening)

Go!
5 years? lay off the pipe

Old
07-25-2010, 10:23 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
5 years? lay off the pipe
If you're going to sign someone young and talented in frolov to a 2 year contract, what's the point. He'll be 33 in 5 years.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Edge

I wouldn't mind adding Frolov. I think he could be a very good depth option on the wings. Of course it all depends on the deal.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
If you're going to sign someone young and talented in frolov to a 2 year contract, what's the point. He'll be 33 in 5 years.
for a guy like Frolov, 4-6 years will be the contract he gets. i doubt he signs for 2 but stranger things has happened.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Mike The Franchise

Dont remember him playing RW because we lacked LWers, he can play 1st line minutes for sure but he is inconsistent just to let you guys know.

Old
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

There's a reason it's July 25th and this guy hasn't been signed yet.

Old
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Frolov is a stop gap if anything, if he proves himself over the next 2 years or so and it makes sense at the time then sign him for 3 more, but if it proves to be a mistake then your not locked in long term.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:29 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

He could figure 1 yr in NY almost assured of top 6min if he busts his ass. This could be the perfect place 2 showcase himself for a bigger deal next year.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Edge

I'd be willing to do a 3 years for $4-million.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:30 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Frolov is a stop gap if anything, if he proves himself over the next 2 years or so and it makes sense at the time then sign him for 3 more, but if it proves to be a mistake then your not locked in long term.
I wouldn't call him a stop gap at all. Considering it would be abolutely foolish to have this guy any less than 3-4 years...3 is even pushing it. He's a top 6 talent and it's good to know you have one locked up for a bit.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:31 PM
MPJohnny5

byndblueshirts

But Isakov added: "The #NYR have also showed great interest in Frolov. It's quite possible that Sasha will continue his career in NY."

Bring em to NY Slats!

Old
07-25-2010, 10:32 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
I wouldn't call him a stop gap at all. Considering it would be abolutely foolish to have this guy any less than 4 years.
Why would it be foolish to have him less than 4 years? there are obvious problems with this guy and he has to prove himself. If he comes in here and dogs it or cant get his **** together, having him at 4 years is what looks foolish.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:32 PM
The Perfect Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk89 View Post
Dont remember him playing RW because we lacked LWers, he can play 1st line minutes for sure but he is inconsistent just to let you guys know.
Then he'll fit in perfect here.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:34 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Did people honestly think that even before this was leaked, Sather wasn't talking to his agent? At least getting a "glance" at the offers, and finding out what entails?

Amazing how something like this sparks up the idea, and now everyone's on board and wants him for $4M. Yet, this is the same crowd who trashed and bashed him for asking for $5M.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:37 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Why would it be foolish to have him less than 4 years? there are obvious problems with this guy and he has to prove himself. If he comes in here and dogs it or cant get his **** together, having him at 4 years is what looks foolish.
Sign him for 1-2 years then. Have him play very good hockey, and watch him leave the team or milk us out of $$. I guess you rather see that?

Frolov with the right cap hit is a guy that will garner alot of interest every deadline, that's if he is available for trade. You're talking as if this is Chris Higgins or Ales Kotalik you're about to sign for 4-5 years...Hell even they were tradable as bad as they looked.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:38 PM
MPJohnny5

Quote:
Sign him for 1-2 years then. Have him play very good hockey, and watch him leave the team or milk us out of $$. I guess you rather see that?

Frolov with the right cap hit is a guy that will garner alot of interest every deadline, that's if he is available for trade. You're talking as if this is Chris Higgins or Ales Kotalik you're about to sign for 4-5 years...Hell even they were tradable as bad as they looked.
Correct as long as Slats dont give him a NTC!!

Old
07-25-2010, 10:39 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
for a guy like Frolov, 4-6 years will be the contract he gets. i doubt he signs for 2 but stranger things has happened.
Yup, completely agree.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:42 PM
The Perfect Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Did people honestly think that even before this was leaked, Sather wasn't talking to his agent? At least getting a "glance" at the offers, and finding out what entails?

Amazing how something like this sparks up the idea, and now everyone's on board and wants him for $4M. Yet, this is the same crowd who trashed and bashed him for asking for $5M.
I'm not sure if your referring to everybody,. or just a couple of people. IMO, everybody is being pretty reasonable with this. I've only seen one poster who wanted him on a more then 4 year deal. Most of us want him on a short term deal at a fair price. If he asks for a penny over 4.5M, I would give it a huge **** no.

I'm not sure who was bashing Frolov in the other thread, I completely ignored it all together. Still really don't see what the big deal is.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:43 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:

I want 2 years because in 2 years we are gonna have kids that are ready to come up and I want roster spots for them. If frolov turns out to be a dud then we aren't locked in. At this point and with NYR luck he is more likely to be a dud than a success so best to cover our bases ahead of time with this one.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:46 PM
xxxZENxxx

There is no doubt that this kid is big and has some game, but the contract has to make sense. This team is starving for offensive talent.

The comparisons to Zherdev might be true in terms of inconsistency, but Frolov has a MUCH better pedigree in the NHL.

Follow me on Twitter for all real-time NYR news and information:
http://twitter.com/bszen27

Old
07-25-2010, 10:47 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I'd like Frolov.

It's just pain.
Old
07-25-2010, 10:48 PM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
There's a reason it's July 25th and this guy hasn't been signed yet.
This post is just plain silly. There haven't been any forward signings because most were waiting on the Kovalchuk domino to fall.

Follow me on Twitter for all real-time NYR news and information:
http://twitter.com/bszen27

Old
07-25-2010, 10:49 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
I want 2 years because in 2 years we are gonna have kids that are ready to come up and I want roster spots for them. If frolov turns out to be a dud then we aren't locked in. At this point and with NYR luck he is more likely to be a dud than a success so best to cover our bases ahead of time with this one.
Not every kid is going to pan out. You're also not going to squad a team full of rookies. You need to be smart w/ the kids and assert them accordingly. For example, Gilroy has no business playing over 60 games this past season.

And the bolded statement; with that mentality this team will never be able to hold onto talent. Frolov is a young legit top 6 talent. It's good to know you have players within that mold locked up for more than 1-2 seasons. I'd give somone with the DNA of a Frolov a 4-5 year contract. Considering the age, talent, and potential.

Old
07-25-2010, 10:49 PM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
I'm a fan of him. The only problem is if they sign him how will they be getting younger? One less roster spot for a young guy.

I'd be down short term like 2 years at $2.5-3.2 million only if it means that Avery and Boyle are both off of the team making way for two of Weise/MZA/Grachev/Stepan.
Frolov isn't old. WTF. 2 years at 2.5-3.2?

Frolov is a 4-5 million dollar a year guy. That's just what the market is for a player like him.

Closed Thread