HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MSG among the filthiest arenas in pro sports

Old
07-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Matteau Matteau

vCash: 500
I almost always bring in healthy food, so I'm not too concerned. I just hope there's been no mouse in my soda.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Blueblood 2

New York is bankrupt and living off Federal stimulus. Wait till they try to convince folks to pay for garbage pick up. The Garden will be pristine compared to the streets outside!

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
man i've seen some s***
Correction, you've seen some "excreta".

I love that someone counted the pieces.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:57 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Coming from someone who is a germ-a-phobe and a clean and neat freak... I never felt dirty at MSG. The restrooms sure, but what public toilet isn't disgusting? I avoid public restrooms like a plague.

They're claiming an arena built in the 60's, above a subway station, smack in the middle of the largest city, has some issues. Gee.

Just do what I do, bring a bottle of water to the game. Eat somewhere else before or after the game.

No other arena I've been to comes close to the atmosphere and feeling at MSG. It could be outdated and a little dirty but its still where the Rangers play, so all that other crap doesn't bother me.

And MSG isn't a cookie cutter arena like...every other arena in the league. When you see it, you know its MSG. When the Rangers are on the road, if you didn't see any logos, jerseys, or adds, you wouldn't be able to tell where they are.

Nothing beats MSG. Not any other sporting complex. Not Yankee Stadium, not Citi Field, not the Prudential Center...not Dodger Stadium with its ugly yellow seats...

MSG is MSG. Walking into that place before a game, hearing the "let's go Rangers" chants, the Rangers Victory Song playing on the PA system near the entrance, the sweat kind of smell the leather seats have, the way the seating is dimmed and the ice is lit up like center stage... The way you are above ice level near the side boards so you can heckle the visiting team during warm ups. Nothing beats it. Especially when the Asdancers, Flygirls, or Swamprats come to town.

Also, maybe they clean all the **** they find before a game? Did the inspector come and find that stuff during the summer when both of the main tenants of MSG (Rangers and Knicks) are in the middle their offseasons?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:58 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I think this could be said about many places in NYC. It's just the way it is. That said, I only drink beer, so my only concern would be the cleanliness of the taps

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:03 AM
LamoTheKid

I always have beer and popcorn when I'm there so I'm not all that worried. I eat when I ge tback to brooklyn and want tacos for 3.50 on Bedford ave.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:07 AM
ZacUSNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I think this could be said about many places in NYC. It's just the way it is. That said, I only drink beer, so my only concern would be the cleanliness of the taps
What was it a KFC that had mice, after hours, using the lobby as a play ground? Someone video taped it from the street heh

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:48 AM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
pretty interesting that in an old decrepit building the islanders had no health violations..
Probably because the Islanders have a total of 7.5 concession stands...

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
What was it a KFC that had mice, after hours, using the lobby as a play ground? Someone video taped it from the street heh
Yep, it was a KFC/Taco Hell right around the corner from where I lived at the time. Fortunately, I never ate there.

Mice are just a fact of life in NYC. I've lived in 5 apartments in the last 10 years, and 4 of them have had a mouse problem at one time or another. I walked by a very expensive restaurant on Central Park South late one night last year, and there were two mice, happily scurrying about the empty dining room.

A restaurant owner once told me that in NYC, it is near impossible to keep ahead of all the inspection standards, but you have to try your best. However, having seen summaries of reports for lots of other restaurants (their available on the city website somewhere), MSG is obviously not doing enough. I don't eat the food at MSG, anyway (I just drink the beer...), but they need to up their standards.

Two other things I noticed from this article:
1) If I ever go to any sporting event in Florida, I'm bringing my own food and drink;
2) Chicago's inspections are as good as no inspections.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Probably because the Islanders have a total of 7.5 concession stands...
Or is the Coliseum such a dump even the mice don't want to go..?

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:54 AM
MTK

NVMC got 0% is because there is not many concessions stands as opposed to other Arenas.

Also, MSG has something going on almost everynight. NVMC does not host that many events so maintaining it is alot easier I would think .

Also for those who say they are fine since they drink beer, that could be the worst since what could be in the tap lines. Alot of things grow in the tap lines and I am pretty sure MSG and other arenas are not flushing them when they are supposed to.

I am pretty surprised by Florida

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 12:42 PM
DrAStuart

In all my visits to New York I've never actually seen a New York rat...is it true that some of them are armed

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 01:32 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAStuart View Post
In all my visits to New York I've never actually seen a New York rat...is it true that some of them are armed
If you take the subway, you're going to see at leas tone.

My coworkers girlfriend saw one get on the G train and then get off 2 stops later. Obviously, he had to go to work.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
If you take the subway, you're going to see at leas tone.

My coworkers girlfriend saw one get on the G train and then get off 2 stops later. Obviously, he had to go to work.

Lmfao...you know...I am a Conductor. One day there was a rat running as if he was drunk down the platform (most likely poisoned) as I entered E 143rd St in the Bronx...I had no choice but to open the doors and low and behold what happens?

The freakin rat runs into the train and all you see is people running out screaming...newspapers flying everywhere. It was so funny and eventually some old guy was swatting at it with an umbrella and it got off the train LOL.

I have some stories man...I tell ya.

Anyhow...those rodents are Rangers fans. I'll just get my hot dog from the dude walking around.

-Brian

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 03:01 PM
BwayBshirt

The truth is that there are Sabrett carts all over Midtown that probably have more concentrated bacteria in them than MSG.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 03:03 PM
pwoz

I typically snack at MSG, but if I'm really hungry I just go to Blarney before a game.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
New York is bankrupt and living off Federal stimulus. Wait till they try to convince folks to pay for garbage pick up. The Garden will be pristine compared to the streets outside!
Guess you missed the good old days. I seriously doubt things will ever be as bad as the late 1970s were.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:07 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
Every state is bankrupt or on the way. While there are many reasons, in NY, one of the primary reasons for this is that an insane amount of "public servants" are on phony disability, while working other jobs. Cut that nonsense out and you'd be close to balancing budgets again.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Speedtrials

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
I typically snack at MSG, but if I'm really hungry I just go to Blarney before a game.
Absolutely! Honestly, it is what it is. I am not expecting a wonderful kitchen when I go to MSG. Just want to get a few beers, maybe a pretzel or hot dog. Have never become sick from their service, and I am pretty careful with what I eat outside of stadium/arena food. Outside of Beer, I have never understood going to a sporting event for the concessions?

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

This investigation is extremely suspect. I have a hard time understanding why each city seems to be categorized. If one stadium has a bad rating all seem to, and if they seem to be good all seem to be.

Ton of bs if you ask me... and they gave a bad rating becuase a manager didnt have knowledge of "general food safety".....did they quiz him?

And who counted the "excreta."?

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Correction, you've seen some "excreta".

I love that someone counted the pieces.
Hahahahahaha I was thinking that too.

I just hope the restaurants in Penn aren't as dirty because I've done my fair share of eating at those places.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:00 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
61% of food vendors found to have critical health violations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/n...ory?id=5401646
ehh.......... never buy food there anyway......

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:00 PM
TriFF51
USA Hockey

No amount of rat crap is stopping me from eating the Prime Rib sandwich...can't wait for the season to start just to have one.

TriFF51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:03 PM
bscharf

the mouse droppings really give my waffle fries the extra kick it needs.

GO RANGERS !

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Crease

A lot of defensive people in this thread. MSG is a dump, no doubt about it. But its home and I love it.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote