HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers lineup thread

Old
07-26-2010, 08:25 PM
bscharf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Dubinsky-Christensen-Gaborik
Frolov-Prospal-Zuccarello
Drury-Anisimov-Callahan
Boogaard-Avery-Prust
I think youre getting ahead of yourself with MZA

Also, avery isnt a center so that 4th line, i dont see that happening.

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:36 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
I think youre getting ahead of yourself with MZA

Also, avery isnt a center so that 4th line, i dont see that happening.
It's a gut feeling that he'll be given that spot. I had the same feeling that Gilroy would be handed a spot. We didn't sign him to play in the AHL. Is he ready? I have my doubts...but I feel like this is what will happen.

Avery played a lot of center in Detroit and LA. He's played some with us as well. He can handle the fourth line center spot easily.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:48 PM
NYRangers77

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Where, in the AHL?
Come on guy have some hope

This same team almost made the playoffs last year so a year experience for the younger guys and getting Frolov should only improve the team. I want the rangers to compete every season no one wants to watch a crappy team for 82 games.

NYRangers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:56 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Frolov-Prospal-Zuccarello
Drury-Anisimov-Callahan
Boogaard-Avery-Prust
I think that nyr2k2 has a point about Avery - Slats's thinking regarding signing Frolov makes a lot more sense if you move Avery down to 4th line. That would actually be a pretty good fourth unit if it wasn't for Captain Worthless on the wing.

I do differ from you in your top 3 line configurations though. I think that AA will be up as the second line center, Drury will remain the third line center and Prospal will remain at LW, but will play on the third. I also think that Frolov will be on the first line because his game complements Gabby's very well, while Dubinsky flanks AA due to his grittier persona and AA's comments about liking big wingers who will come in and cover his ass if he takes it to the net (which he obviously won't be getting from the right side).

Frolov-Christensen-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Prospal-Drury-Callahan
Boogaard-Avery-Prust

Of course, if Slats does sign Frolov, I have a sneaking suspicion he's got at least one more big move coming via trade to shore up the center position. I shudder to think what it might be, but I'm pretty sure it's coming.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I think that nyr2k2 has a point about Avery - Slats's thinking regarding signing Frolov makes a lot more sense if you move Avery down to 4th line. That would actually be a pretty good fourth unit if it wasn't for Captain Worthless on the wing.

I do differ from you in your top 3 line configurations though. I think that AA will be up as the second line center, Drury will remain the third line center and Prospal will remain at LW, but will play on the third. I also think that Frolov will be on the first line because his game complements Gabby's very well, while Dubinsky flanks AA due to his grittier persona and AA's comments about liking big wingers who will come in and cover his ass if he takes it to the net (which he obviously won't be getting from the right side).

Frolov-Christensen-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Prospal-Drury-Callahan
Boogaard-Avery-Prust

Of course, if Slats does sign Frolov, I have a sneaking suspicion he's got at least one more big move coming via trade to shore up the center position. I shudder to think what it might be, but I'm pretty sure it's coming.
Yeah that all makes sense, those lines look totally reasonable.

I didn't put much thought into mine. Let's go with yours.

Old
07-26-2010, 09:47 PM
bscharf

I think you have to give dubi a chance with the top line

Frolov-Dubinsky-Gaborik

Thats as dangerous of a line as any in the league.

Then let the rest fall in place-you cant put MZA on 2nd line without him playing a game yet.

I think torts give EC the top center but id really be curious to see how dubi would do.

Personally i think he puts up 60+ points centering that line.

Old
07-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Prospal-Christensen-Gaborik
Frolov-Anisimov-MZA
Avery-Dubinsky-Callahan
Prust-Drury-Boogaard

Boyle

Staal-Rozsival
MDZ-Girardi
McDonagh-Eminger

Gilroy

Lundqvist
Biron

I do not think That Frolov is intended, or suitable to play with Gaborik, except maybe on the power play.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 09:55 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Prospal-Christensen-Gaborik
Frolov-Anisimov-MZA
Avery-Dubinsky-Callahan
Prust-Drury-Boogaard

Boyle

Staal-Rozsival
MDZ-Girardi
McDonagh-Eminger

Gilroy

Lundqvist
Biron
nailed it. this not only makes the most sense it is our best lineup.

that 3rd line is just terrific.

2nd line is all euro and would be fun to watch and gives us some talent and potential scoring balance.

prospal and gaby go together like pb and j.

as long as capt quaalude is on the 4th line, im happy.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:10 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
IMO the Frolov signing just confirms that MZA will have to play out of this world to warrant a roster spot right out of camp, not sure why no one else seems to think that.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
IMO the Frolov signing just confirms that MZA will have to play out of this world to warrant a roster spot right out of camp, not sure why no one else seems to think that.
Because I believe MZA was promised an NHL spot before he signed the contract. Pure speculation but I think that was a major deciding factor.

Old
07-26-2010, 10:27 PM
bscharf

I think everyone is getting way ahead of themselves.

Most have MZA playing second line (How can you say that without seeing him once)

and also, i dont see dubi being a third line center.

Also, if you want to predict those types of seasons for AA and MZA and MCD,

Then why not include Grachev or Stepan in your lineups.

Old
07-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
I think everyone is getting way ahead of themselves.

Most have MZA playing second line (How can you say that without seeing him once)

and also, i dont see dubi being a third line center.

Also, if you want to predict those types of seasons for AA and MZA and MCD,

Then why not include Grachev or Stepan in your lineups.
Because MZA just came off an MVP season in a professiona league not far off from the AHL, Grachev has a long way to go, whteher he admits it or not... 12 goals in the AHL translates to maybe 8 in the NHL, that is unacceptable from an offensive player.

Dubinsky will get plenty of ice time no matter what line he is on. Having a player like him on the third line is a good thing, not a bad thing.

McD has a spot open on D for him if Redden goes down. He may not win it, but the general consensus is that the team will carry 7 dmen.

I love Stepan but if you watch him play he has 1, probably 2 seasons in the AHL before he will be ready to go.

Old
07-26-2010, 10:31 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

No chance MZA signed that deal to leave his league and come play in Hartford. Maybe if he's not doing so well, he'll get a short stint to regain his form. However, he's an NHL player this year for sure.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:35 PM
XLJ

Frolov-Anisimov-MZA
Avery-Prospal-Callahan
Boogaard-Drury-Prust

I dont really see the need keeping Boyle anymore. Let Drury center the 4th line and kill penalties. And play him late in games when you are protecting a lead. Thats basically what his role should be next year. Prospal is old it might be beneficial for him playing on the third line. I dont think he can handle playing top 6 minutes under Torts anymore. This way you might get 3 lines that can contribute offensively. Dubi should get top 6 minutes. You cant let 1 year stop gaps like Prospal and Frolov take away some of his minutes and contine to devolop him at left wing.

Last edited by XLJ: 07-26-2010 at 10:45 PM.
XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 10:36 PM
bscharf

Quote:
Because MZA just came off an MVP season in a professiona league not far off from the AHL, Grachev has a long way to go, whteher he admits it or not... 12 goals in the AHL translates to maybe 8 in the NHL, that is unacceptable from an offensive player.

Dubinsky will get plenty of ice time no matter what line he is on. Having a player like him on the third line is a good thing, not a bad thing.

McD has a spot open on D for him if Redden goes down. He may not win it, but the general consensus is that the team will carry 7 dmen.

I love Stepan but if you watch him play he has 1, probably 2 seasons in the AHL before he will be ready to go.

I agree, and i really hope you are right. Arty had 37 goals in the AHL and that translated into 12 in NHL. Well see. I think AA has a great year but i truly think this is the year dubi scores 30+

Old
07-26-2010, 10:59 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Because I believe MZA was promised an NHL spot before he signed the contract. Pure speculation but I think that was a major deciding factor.
Quote:

That, and they're not giving him $850K signing bonuses in each year to play in HFD. This feels exactly like the Gilroy signing (although I do have a better feeling about it).

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 11:19 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
They didn't sign him to play in the AHL. HE didn't sign here to play in the AHL. I'd bet the ranch that MZA is on the opening night roster, regardless of whether or not he truly earns it in camp.

Old
07-26-2010, 11:19 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
That, and they're not giving him $850K signing bonuses in each year to play in HFD. This feels exactly like the Gilroy signing (although I do have a better feeling about it).
Yup. I've said this a couple times now. Gilroy was signed to play. MZA was signed to play.

Old
07-26-2010, 11:24 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

If anything it will be nice to have some competition for the spots on the team.

As for predicting anything right now? I'd say that's near impossible.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 01:17 AM
asparkoflife

I think by mid season we'll have

Dubinsky-Anisimov-Gaborik
Frolov-Prospal-MZA
Drury-Christensen-Callahan
Avery-Boyle-Prust
Boogaard

Staal-Girardi
Rozsival-MDZ
McD-Sauer

Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 03:14 AM
cancer

NYR

Dubinsky-Drury-Gaborik
Frolov-Anisimov-Callahan
Prospal-Christensen-MZA
Avery-Boyle-Prust
Boogaard

Staal-Girardi
Rozsival-MDZ
McD-Eminger

Sauer

Lundqvist
Biron

cancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 03:42 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Frolov Dubinsky Gaborik
Prospal Anisimov MZA
Drury EC Callahan
Prust/Avery/Boyle/Boogard

Lines combos we'll likely see from Torts this season:

Prospal-EC-Gaborik
Dubinsky-EC-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Prospal-Gaborik
Prospal-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Prospal-EC-Gaborik
Frolov-EC-Gaborik
Frolov-Prospal-Gaborik
Frolov-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Frolov-Prospal-MZA
Frolov-Drury-MZA
Frolov-Drury-Callahan
Graves-Messier-Gartner
Avery-Drury-MZA
Prospal-Drury-MZA

And so on. You all get the point lol.. Line combos fluctuate like whoa. Throughout the league too, not just here. We'll see a bunch of different combos this season.

I think don't think we'll see MZA and Anisimov at the start of the year. I think MZA will start off on Drury's flank. Someone dependable, experienced, etc.

Anisimov will be given a good shot at our second line imo. Torts has said he wants Arty to focus on the offensive side of the game. I think a big body like Frolov who can work well along the boards with be a good option Arty.

I hate the idea of EC as our 1C. Hate it. Not sold. Not convinced. ****. I'm hoping Dubinsky and Gaborik stay together. I think Dubi's game meshes well with Gabs. Speed, no BS attitude. Can play the game. I like that duo. I think our 1C will be rotated throughout the year.

Avery of the old, is more than welcomed for our third line. He can play either side. If we're dealing with a timid Avery, I think a 4th line role will suffice.

Prust should be an everyday player. I'm hoping Boogard doesn't ever see the ice over brandon.

I'd like to see some consistency with the lines this year. Pick a trio, and stick with it. For a few months. I hate line-juggling. Let the players develop some chemistry.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 04:32 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

12 goals from a 19-20 year old rookie is not unacceptable.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
They didn't sign him to play in the AHL. HE didn't sign here to play in the AHL. I'd bet the ranch that MZA is on the opening night roster, regardless of whether or not he truly earns it in camp.
MZA was the best player in SEL next season, he could end up in KHL with a big juicy contract but he prefered sign in NY, i'm pretty much sure Sather assured him a spot with the Rangers. That's what convince him to play in NHL and not go in Russia.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 05:23 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

I think Prospal plays center before Dubinsky does. And, Drury has become the 3rd line center. I think Dubinsky/Christensen/Gaborik is the 1st line to start the season and stays that way until Christensen proves not the be the answer at center.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote