HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New York Rangers lineup thread

Old
07-28-2010, 12:25 PM
t3hg00se

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Dubinsky - Christensen - Gaborik
Frolov - Anisimov - MZA
Prospal - Drury - Callahan

Good top 9 if Anisimov/MZA step in. I'm expecting big things from the Hobbit Wizard.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 12:50 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Frolov Anisimov Gaborik
Dubinsky -Prospal -MZA
Drury- Christ -Callahan
Avery - Prust - Boogard

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 03:35 PM
mullichicken25

Frolov - Prospal - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Drury - EC - MZA
Avery - Boyle - Prust
Boogaard

i see it like that on opening night

but it we'll probablly end up with a revolving door down the middle and potentially a MZA/Cally swap

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

As I stated on the previous page, putting gaborik and frolov on the same line is idiotic. First team you run into with a solid defensive checking line will shut down our one line with scoring, and we'll have no scoring behind them. Yes i know we have guys capable of scoring behind them but they are not as capable and reliable. You need to balance out your lineup

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 04:11 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Aasen-Prospal-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Frolov
Drury-Stepan-Callahan
Avery-Christensen-Prust

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
As I stated on the previous page, putting gaborik and frolov on the same line is idiotic. First team you run into with a solid defensive checking line will shut down our one line with scoring, and we'll have no scoring behind them. Yes i know we have guys capable of scoring behind them but they are not as capable and reliable. You need to balance out your lineup
i didnt necessarilly say thats what i'd want, just what I think will happen

i think that the rangers will assume the continued developement of Dubi and AA and feel that they can provide a solid 2nd line to balance the weighted 1st

it wont last for the season...or for any considerable length of time, but thats how i feel it will start out

Old
07-28-2010, 04:34 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
i didnt necessarilly say thats what i'd want, just what I think will happen

i think that the rangers will assume the continued developement of Dubi and AA and feel that they can provide a solid 2nd line to balance the weighted 1st

it wont last for the season...or for any considerable length of time, but thats how i feel it will start out
Thats fair to think it may start out that way because you never know with the rangers. However, the more sensible thing for any coach to do would be to balance out your lineup. I'm hoping that is what happens.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 04:38 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Thats fair to think it may start out that way because you never know with the rangers. However, the more sensible thing for any coach to do would be to balance out your lineup. I'm hoping that is what happens.
i agree

i just think that after what anisimov showed at the end of last season (playing really well when he had some grit with him) it makes a lot of sense to try dubi - aa - cally

unfortunately, i think its one of those cases where it makes too much sense on paper to actually work, hence those combos will not last

Old
07-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Vitto79

so much for Brash to Washington on re entry..........that was my last hope,haha

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Andy-...ington/5/29517

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 05:01 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so much for Brash to Washington on re entry..........that was my last hope,haha

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Andy-...ington/5/29517
I don't care about Brash, if we send down Redden (and I really hope we do) and don't make any major moves we have enough cap space. I'd rather have some dead space this season than give up assets or buy him out.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 01:07 AM
thrillermiller89

prospal-dubs-gabby
frolov-anisimov-mza
avery-drury-callahan
boogard-christensen-prust

rozy-staal
girardi-redden
eminger-del zotto

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 01:20 AM
ThisIsJetsHockey*

Frolov- Dubinsky - Gaborik
Prospal - AA - Callahan
Drury - EC - Avery
Boogard - Boyle - Prust

ThisIsJetsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 01:25 AM
Geogaddi

Prospal - Christensen - Gaborik
Frolov - Drury - Zuccarello-Aasen
Avery - Dubinsky - Callahan
Prust - Anisimov - Boyle/Boogard

Staal - Girardi
Rozsival - Del Zotto
Eminger - Gilroy

Lundqvist
Biron

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 03:58 AM
518NYRfan

My projected lineup:

MZA - Christensen - Gaborik
Frolov - Anisimov - Dubinsky
Prospal - Drury - Callahan
Avery - Boyle - Prust/Boogaard

Staal - Rozy
Del Zotto - Girardi
Eminger - McDonagh
Gilroy

Lundy
Biron

ive heard from numerous sources and its been posted on a rangers message board that MZA was promised to be on a line with Gabby. its also pretty well thought that redden will be in hartford (good riddance) Anisimov has said previously that hed like some guys with grit on his line... hence the size of frolov and a little snarl of dubinsky. dubi is pretty much a winger rather than center now anyways. i dont see drury climbing out of 3rd line duty unless he took the worlds stock in HGH and steroids in the offseason, and somehow developed a personality. EC is starting the season as our #1 center.. if he doesnt work out there then i dont see him really staying with the team. if he cant produce with gabby on his wing then hes as useless as a carwash in the rain. if he goes then id expect a midseason call up of Stepan and EC being waived. anyways... thoughts?

518NYRfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 04:19 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geogaddi View Post
Prospal - Christensen - Gaborik
Frolov - Drury - Zuccarello-Aasen
Avery - Dubinsky - Callahan
Prust - Anisimov - Boyle/Boogard

Staal - Girardi
Rozsival - Del Zotto
Eminger - Gilroy

Lundqvist
Biron
+1, even if Anisimov on the fourth line with Prust and Boogie kinda upset me...

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 06:28 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 518NYRfan View Post
ive heard from numerous sources and its been posted on a rangers message board that MZA was promised to be on a line with Gabby.
Surely that is a false rumor ?

I mean, its bad to promise a person a spot on the roster (if he doesnt make the grade it will be detrimental to the team. Not saying that MZA has been promised this, but it is another rumor), but to promise what is essentially a spot on the first/second line would be absolute madness ? As a coach, that would be shooting yourself in the foot... with the biggest cannon you can find (unless you are talking, "we'll put you on that line for 2 games and see how it works").

While i both hope and believe that MZA will succeed in the NHL, the harsh match schedule and his small physical size are fair "pause" points for any doubters/critics. The more physical play would also likely take its toll over a loooong series.

While we'll get a fair view of what to expect in the first few games, only the latter half of the season will show how he can hold up (if he is still in a contender spot at that point).

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 08:46 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post
Surely that is a false rumor ?

I mean, its bad to promise a person a spot on the roster (if he doesnt make the grade it will be detrimental to the team. Not saying that MZA has been promised this, but it is another rumor), but to promise what is essentially a spot on the first/second line would be absolute madness ? As a coach, that would be shooting yourself in the foot... with the biggest cannon you can find (unless you are talking, "we'll put you on that line for 2 games and see how it works").

While i both hope and believe that MZA will succeed in the NHL, the harsh match schedule and his small physical size are fair "pause" points for any doubters/critics. The more physical play would also likely take its toll over a loooong series.

While we'll get a fair view of what to expect in the first few games, only the latter half of the season will show how he can hold up (if he is still in a contender spot at that point).
Agreed - and the lineup posted basically had two players playing out of their best positions (MZA at LW, when he's a better RW from what we've heard + Dubi at RW, which I don't think he's ever played). Doesn't make sense. Unless MZA absolutely bombs in camp, I think it's a pretty safe bet that he's locked into the 2nd line RW spot for the first month or so at least.

As it stands now, the following seem to be the most likely forward combinations coming out of camp:

Frolov-Christensen-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-MZA
Prospal-Drury-Callahan
Boogaard-Avery-Prust
Boyle

or

Dubinsky-Anisimov-MZA
Avery-Prospal-Callahan
Boogaard-Drury-Prust
Boyle

But then again, I still think Sather's got one big trade in him looking to upgrade the center position before he considers his offseason done. (And this makes me very nervous because I don't see any of the centers that folks have speculated on as anything more than short term fixes...)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
...two players playing out of their best positions (MZA at LW, when he's a better RW from what we've heard
Mats can play both wings (has done so in both Frisk and Modo). I dont know if he has a "preferred" side, but he shoots left.

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 09:51 AM
dynamoovechkin

Prospal EC Gaborik- EC is the most naturally playmaking center we have, and fits nicely with Gabby. An older Prospal as a first line winger- we'll take a wait and see approach with this. Even though I love what Prospal gave us last year, this is the only place where I think he fits on the top three lines and I don't see him as a 4th liner...yet

Frolov Anisimov MZA- Frolov fits here best as our second line scoring threat. AA is ready to take the next step, and I think he and Frolov will work well together. MZA is gonna surprise everyone and have a 25 goal year and be the darling of NY- you heard it here first

Dubi Drury Callahan- Just love this line. Dubi could see some time on the top line as he and Prospal might swap out. Also Torts thinks that Dubi is better coming in off the wing, and I agree. Dru will have a better year because- hell, it can't any worse. Cally is just dynamite- an inspirational player, but his lack of natural scoring ability has to have him on line 3- sorry but we need goals in our top 6.

Avery Boyle Prust- Avery and Prust- 2 natural agitators on the same line? Oversized stiff Boyle as their center? This may be a servicable 4th line with Boogard swapping in here and there- but I see it as kind of problematic. Unless there is an injury, or Prospal fades into the sunset, I see Avery as a 4th liner, with time on the
2nd if MZA stumbles. Prust is a natural in this spot, and Boyle, well I don't see him as an everyday NHL player but we need a big body who can play center on the 4th line for peanuts, and well, he is on the roster.

Boogard- I heard they are going to work with him to make him a productive forward like they tried to do with Orr. He will see icetime- no doubt about it.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Garfinkel1

MZA - Christ - Gaborik
Dubi - AA - Frolov
Prospal - Drury - Cally
Avery - Boyle - Prust

OR

MZA-Christ-Gaborik
Avery-Dubi-Frolov
Prospal-AA-Cally
Boyle-Drury-Prust

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 10:55 AM
ecemleafs

Dubinsky-Anisimov-MZA
Prospal-Drury-Callahan
Avery-Boyle-Prust
Boogaard

Staal-Girardi
MDZ-Rozsival
McDonagh-Gilroy

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 10:59 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
Dubi-EC-Gaborik It worked well last year, I say keep it together and see if continues to work. If not, then you can start tinkering.

Frolov-Prospal-MZA Pretty good line combo with puck control and passing. Each could open up areas for others. Prospal can still snipe, Frolov can control the puck and score, MZA looks to have a good set of hands and if he has space (something that Prospal and Frolov could open up for him) he could put up some points.

Avery/Drury-AA-Cally By starting on the 3rd line, there will be little pressure on AA to put up big numbers immediately. He also did well with Prust and Shelley. Cally can play a style like Shelley does, but with more skill. Avery and Prust are similar, but I think if his head is on straight, Avery can be very effective. If you don't want Drury on the 4th, this could be a space for him and he plays a hard nosed style like Avery/Prust and could be effective.

Some combo of Avery/Prust/Boyle/Boogaard/Drury. 5-8 mins a night plus rotating people up as needed.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 11:47 AM
thrillermiller89

keep the russians together...

AA with frolov

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard