HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drums of War - Kovalchuk Festivus edition (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2010, 11:06 AM
MauDevils

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I'm reserving judgment until they can speak about it. I still think the 8000 reporters that reported the Devils knew the contract was rejected before holding the press conference got the story wrong.
Whether they knew or not doesn't really matter to me. Just look at the contract.

Lou said they were following "precedent" when in reality they were setting it. He made that comment and acted like he mirrored the Hossa deal. What he did was take the Hossa deal and made it even worse.

This should have been a great announcement for fans. Then the whole thing fell through and now it's just an embarassment at this point until it's resolved. For me it felt like Game 7 against Carolina all over again. So high up only to come crashing back down.

Old
07-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

You know what they say, no noose is good noose!

Old
07-30-2010, 11:09 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post
Whether they knew or not doesn't really matter to me. Just look at the contract.

Lou said they were following "precedent" when in reality they were setting it. He made that comment and acted like he mirrored the Hossa deal. What he did was take the Hossa deal and made it even worse.

This should have been a great announcement for fans. Then the whole thing fell through and now it's just an embarassment at this point until it's resolved. For me it felt like Game 7 against Carolina all over again. So high up only to come crashing back down.
Wow...not only am I not embarrassed, but at this point, I've moved on. When something happens great, but I'm not letting this Kovy thing consume my life and resent this organization for it.

And comparing this to Game 7 against Carolina...

Old
07-30-2010, 11:15 AM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

People just like to *****.

Old
07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Wow...not only am I not embarrassed, but at this point, I've moved on. When something happens great, but I'm not letting this Kovy thing consume my life and resent this organization for it.

And comparing this to Game 7 against Carolina...
i agree. this isn't an embarrassment whatsoever.

and for those that are ragging on the casual fans that are only going to buy a ticket package if we get kovy, i say so what? they're a casual fan, and if they need a little more to commit to spending so much money on tickets, than that's their decision. kovalchuk gives this team a better chance of winning, i don't blame people that are on the fence with whether to commit to a lot of tickets or just buy them one game at a time for wanting to know if we're going to keep kovy or not. to a lot of people (me included) dropping 1k+ on tickets isn't exactly an easy thing to do.

Closed Thread