HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Your ideal line up for 2010-2011

Old
09-17-2010, 03:56 AM
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Mason Raymond ($2.550m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Cody Hodgson ($1.666m)
Raffi Torres ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($2.500m)
Victor Oreskovich ($0.575m) / Brendan Morrison ($0.700m) / Rick Rypien ($0.550m)
Darcy Hordichuk ($0.775m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)
Kevin Bieksa ($3.750m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($3.100m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Shane O'Brien ($1.600m)
Aaron Rome ($0.750m) / Jay McKee ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) /Cory Schneider ($0.900m)

CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY: $90,000

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,090,000; BONUSES: $850,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $160,000
Hordichuk over Hansen?

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 04:55 AM
Agent007

It's pretty incredible to think that we could have this as our lineup heading into the playoffs:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson
Torres-Malhotra-Hodgson
Oreskovich-Morrison-Hansen
Rypien

Edler-Ehrhoff
Hamhuis-Ballard
Bieksa-Salo
SOB-Rome

Luongo
Schneider

Who knows what the injury front will bring as the season progresses but it's possible that our team looks something like that heading into the playoffs.

Bieksa might be the only one there that isn't around for cap reasons but the others could easily be there.

On top of that we might even add another body at the deadline if we have enough cap space to do so.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
It's pretty incredible to think that we could have this as our lineup heading into the playoffs:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Torres-Malhotra-Hodgson
Oreskovich-Morrison-Hansen
Rypien

Edler-Ehrhoff
Hamhuis-Ballard
Bieksa-Salo
SOB-Rome

Luongo
Schneider

Who knows what the injury front will bring as the season progresses but it's possible that our team looks something like that heading into the playoffs.

Bieksa might be the only one there that isn't around for cap reasons but the others could easily be there.

On top of that we might even add another body at the deadline if we have enough cap space to do so.
You would really need the perfect sequence of events to play out in order for the keeping both Salo and Bieksa to work.

Just for fun though, I would go with:

Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson (dominant scoring)
Raymond - Kesler - Burrows (shutdown line/secondary scoring)
Torres/Hansen - Hodgson - Malhotra
Hansen/Torres/Glass - Morrison - Oreskovich
Glass, Rypien

Hamhuis - Salo (shutdown pairing)
Edler - Ehrhoff (offense)
Ballard - Bieksa (physicality)
Alberts, Rome

Luongo
Schneider

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Agent007

Here's another potential interesting look (once Burrows is ready):

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Torres-Morrison-Hodgson
Hansen-Malhotra-Oreskovich
Glass/Rypien

Edler-Ballard
Hamhuis-Ehrhoff
SOB-Bieksa
Rome

Luongo
Schneider

You've got a gritty fourth line (Malhotra would be playing more than the average 4th line minutes), you've got a solid secondary scoring line as a third line, you've got another solid secondary scoring line as your second line and you've got a solid top line.

You've got nine forwards that should play at a 40+points pace and you've got two more forwards that can play at a 30+ point pace.

On defence you've got two guys that should be at an above 40 point pace, and three guys that should be in the 25-40 point range (Bieksa, Hamhuis and Ballard).

When it's all said and done offensively this team looks pretty good and it's got a pretty solid energy line as well.

Three lines that can score plus a very good fourth line that can easily play 10+ minutes a night.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:31 PM
The Big Foot

Definitely like the looks of that forward squad, especially if sitting out guys isn't that big of a deal...like Morrison Hansen and Oreskovich, rotating in and out with the extra forwards.
People will freak out a bit with Malhotra being on the fourth line, but he'll get his minutes. I think having bottom six forwards who can play minutes without hurting you is a huge bonus.
Sedins will get about 19 minutes, and Kesler about the same. Raymond and Burrows will be around 18 or so I'd say, Sammy at 17, Malhotra around 15...so that leaves about 53 minutes to split amongst the other 5 guys. Torres and Coho at 12, BMo at 11, Hansen at 11, and Oreskovich at 7. Not too bad. Any given night AV will mix things up quite a bit, let the players earn their time.

The Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:32 PM
lush
@jasonlush

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCanuckFan View Post
Mine would look like:

FORWARDS
Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Mason Raymond ($2.550m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Cody Hodgson ($1.666m)
Mikael Samuelsson ($2.500m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($0.825m)
Tanner Glass ($0.625m) / Joel Perrault ($0.510m) / Rick Rypien ($0.550m)
/ Darcy Hordichuk ($0.775m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Sami Salo ($3.500m)
Willie Mitchell ($2.500m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($3.100m)
Aaron Rome ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) /Cory Schneider ($0.900m)

CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY: $90,000

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,825,000; BONUSES: $850,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $425,000
They will carry a 23 man roster. Plus you almost want to create one lineup that represents the cap and another that represents who will be playing. I wish cap geek allowed for LTIR in it. Anyhow your line up is awesome and thanks for the thread.

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:34 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
Here's another potential interesting look (once Burrows is ready):

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Torres-Morrison-Hodgson
Hansen-Malhotra-Oreskovich
Glass/Rypien

Edler-Ballard
Hamhuis-Ehrhoff
SOB-Bieksa
Rome

Luongo
Schneider

You've got a gritty fourth line (Malhotra would be playing more than the average 4th line minutes), you've got a solid secondary scoring line as a third line, you've got another solid secondary scoring line as your second line and you've got a solid top line.

You've got nine forwards that should play at a 40+points pace and you've got two more forwards that can play at a 30+ point pace.

On defence you've got two guys that should be at an above 40 point pace, and three guys that should be in the 25-40 point range (Bieksa, Hamhuis and Ballard).

When it's all said and done offensively this team looks pretty good and it's got a pretty solid energy line as well.

Three lines that can score plus a very good fourth line that can easily play 10+ minutes a night.
depending on who comes out of camp strong and who looks ready and who doesn't...i really do like this sort of 3a/3b idea.

there's not reason we can't put together a 4th line that can play big minutes 10+ a night, and if you give Malhotra a big share of the PK time and maybe even some PP minutes here and there...you're certainly not 'wasting' him as an asset. that sort of lineup also gives us a chance to ice a lineup that can dominate offensively wave after wave. i mean, that 4th line posted is just one of many possible examples...but it looks like a solid 3rd line on a lot of teams.

and to me, that sort of lineup better emulates the sort of relentless offensive attack that teams like Chicago and Philly were so successful with, and teams like Detroit and Pittsburgh rolled with before that.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:38 PM
lefty2time*

Sedin Sedin Samuelsson

Reason - Proven to work. With all the new faces, some stability is needed. This is a line that clicks. With Burrows out for close to 2 months, re-kindle some chemistry early and ride it till Burrows return.

Raymond Kesler Hodgson*

Reason: Assuming Coho is healthy and on his game (my guess is that he is), this line has two key guys in Kesler and Raymond who work well together and can carry a young player (if not coho then shirokov or whoever is the best offensive standout after camp)

Torres Malhotra Hansen

Reason: Sedin Sedin, Raymond Kesler - see the trend? Center and Leftwing position are locks and the backbone of our top9. I think Torres and Malhotra will become a fixture on the third line. These two will play every shift together like the twins and kes/ray. This is Hansens chance to really shine and put it all together! He has speed, some feistyness(even a word?), and a bit of grit...a perfect fit.

Rypien Morrison Oreskovich

Reason: no reason at all...i just think that Oreskovich is needed because of his size, hitting, and speed. Morrison can skate the puck out of his own zone...step up to play a top 6 role...be a solid fixture on the second pariing PK unit..and he is a very good option on the second pp unit. He isnt gritty and tough..but hey..we added Oreskovich, Torres, and Malhotra....We could use his versitility here. Rypien??? well....he brings energy and can fight.

Recap:
Sedin Sedin Samuelsson
Raymond Kesler Hodgson*
Torres Malhotra Hansen
Rypien* Moririson Oreskovich
Spares: Glass, Shirokov, Schroeder

This gets more fun when Burrows gets back.

Sedin Sedin Samuelsson
Raymond Kesler Hodgson
Torres Malhotra Burrows
Hansen Mo Oreskovich

If Samuellson looks good with the twins and Coho plays pretty well then Burrows would make the third line EPIC. This also allows Hansen to drop down to 4th line lw with Morrison and Oreskovich which imo is a wicked wicked 4th line. If Hodgson doenst play well or Samuellson does not play well on the top line then send Coho to the AHL and reunite Burrows with the twins, Sammy as 2ndRW.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:53 PM
lush
@jasonlush

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
Sedin Sedin Samuelsson
Raymond Kesler Hodgson
Torres Malhotra Burrows
Hansen Mo Oreskovich
This is insane. Burrows returns and you remove Rypien. But the other thing to consider is that we'd also have a spare. That could be Shaeffer (sp?) or Glass, who knows. Again when Burrows comes back said player would go on Waivers unless someone else is injured. But would that even fit under the cap?!

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 01:16 PM
lefty2time*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
This is insane. Burrows returns and you remove Rypien. But the other thing to consider is that we'd also have a spare. That could be Shaeffer (sp?) or Glass, who knows. Again when Burrows comes back said player would go on Waivers unless someone else is injured. But would that even fit under the cap?!
I know...you could switch sammy and burr if the twins need a shakeup or whatever...but yeah. Cap??? I think that lineup fitting under the cap has more to do with what Mo signs for *if we sign him that is!* and whos on D. (bieksa and salo? prob not...either or and it fits i think)

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:19 PM
LetsBeReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
Sedin Sedin Samuelsson

Reason - Proven to work. With all the new faces, some stability is needed. This is a line that clicks. With Burrows out for close to 2 months, re-kindle some chemistry early and ride it till Burrows return.

Raymond Kesler Hodgson*

Reason: Assuming Coho is healthy and on his game (my guess is that he is), this line has two key guys in Kesler and Raymond who work well together and can carry a young player (if not coho then shirokov or whoever is the best offensive standout after camp)

Torres Malhotra Hansen

Reason: Sedin Sedin, Raymond Kesler - see the trend? Center and Leftwing position are locks and the backbone of our top9. I think Torres and Malhotra will become a fixture on the third line. These two will play every shift together like the twins and kes/ray. This is Hansens chance to really shine and put it all together! He has speed, some feistyness(even a word?), and a bit of grit...a perfect fit.

Rypien Morrison Oreskovich

Reason: no reason at all...i just think that Oreskovich is needed because of his size, hitting, and speed. Morrison can skate the puck out of his own zone...step up to play a top 6 role...be a solid fixture on the second pariing PK unit..and he is a very good option on the second pp unit. He isnt gritty and tough..but hey..we added Oreskovich, Torres, and Malhotra....We could use his versitility here. Rypien??? well....he brings energy and can fight.

Recap:
Sedin Sedin Samuelsson
Raymond Kesler Hodgson*
Torres Malhotra Hansen
Rypien* Moririson Oreskovich
Spares: Glass, Shirokov, Schroeder

This gets more fun when Burrows gets back.

Sedin Sedin Samuelsson
Raymond Kesler Hodgson
Torres Malhotra Burrows
Hansen Mo Oreskovich

If Samuellson looks good with the twins and Coho plays pretty well then Burrows would make the third line EPIC. This also allows Hansen to drop down to 4th line lw with Morrison and Oreskovich which imo is a wicked wicked 4th line. If Hodgson doenst play well or Samuellson does not play well on the top line then send Coho to the AHL and reunite Burrows with the twins, Sammy as 2ndRW.
I think you have the right line of thinking. Making a third line that seemingly would be the hardest to play against. A third line of Torres Malhotra Burrows??? That's a line that's incredibly difficult to score on, while they can flip it around and get a couple against you. I think a line like this is a huge key to success in the NHL.

The only thing I'd change is Hodgson. I think it's really early to pencil him anywhere, especially in the top six. I think that BMo's try out, is for that wing position. I don't see him being the type of player they want on the fourth. I think it's Coho or BMo battling for the spot Burrows has opened up in the top six.

That said, here's my lines:

Sedin Sedin Samuelsson - Obvious

Raymond Kesler BMo - If BMo has his legs, the speed of this line would be frightening. And they're all capable of being set-up men or the one finishing.

Torres Malhotra Hansen

Hansen will start here I think, but whoever is stepping up on the fourth and showing a lot of energy would rotate in this spot IMO. I think it's possible for Hansen to create a more offensive game playing with Malholtra and Torres than in previous lines he's been on so I think it's a make or break time for him while Burrows is out.

Rypien/Glass/Perrault/Shaefer/Oreskovich/Shirokov/Schroeder/Hodgson/wildcard

I think the fourth line really always up for grabs, but I can see Hodgson starting the season here to test him in the NHL waters before a top six experiment. Have Rypien out there to protect him a bit. Give him fourth line and power play duties and see how he does; go from there. Rypien, Hodgson, Oreskovich is my guess. It's the defensive aspect that's always the biggest concern for a rookie, so drop the pressure and slip him into the line up where he can adjust to the NHL without it.

Oh and when Burrows returns:

Sedin Sedin Samuelsson
Raymond Kesler BMo
Torres Malhotra Burrows
Hansen Hodgson Oreskovich

So sick...

Last edited by LetsBeReality: 09-21-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Added post-burrows return line up
LetsBeReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:35 PM
galiano

Any one of the above lineups is a hell of a team. I can't remember going into a season with such quality depth in all areas. I mean barring a disaster of some sort, this should be a team that wins a lot of games and has the potential to really challenge for the cup.

galiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 03:48 PM
biturbo19

BMo in the top-6 is IMO a HUGE step backwards from last year. I'd easily take one of the 'unproven' young guns Hodgson/Schroeder/Shirokov/Tambi over Morrison. There's a reason Morrison is here on a PTO and isn't covetted by other teams as a top-6 scorer.

I don't mind BMo in the bottom-6 somewhere if he can step up his compete level from recent years...but in the top-6, even temporarily. Please No.

Old
09-21-2010, 04:01 PM
crazyforhockey

For the people having a raymond,Kesler,Hodgson lineup......do you have Kesler as centerman strictly for his FO prowess?

Hodgson might (if he proves he belongs on this line)be better as the centerman..he has fantastic vision.....kesler would rack up tons of goals being the winger.....whether he is ready now,,I think there will be a time where hodgson will be the second best passer on the team(behind henrik and possibly Daniel)

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 07:10 PM
LetsBeReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
BMo in the top-6 is IMO a HUGE step backwards from last year. I'd easily take one of the 'unproven' young guns Hodgson/Schroeder/Shirokov/Tambi over Morrison. There's a reason Morrison is here on a PTO and isn't covetted by other teams as a top-6 scorer.

I don't mind BMo in the bottom-6 somewhere if he can step up his compete level from recent years...but in the top-6, even temporarily. Please No.
I believe the defensive liabilities that any of those young guys bring, really brings down the "shut down" capacity for the second line.

I think if the offensive capacity was and 8/10 with Hodgson/ Schroeder /Shirokov /Tambi I think the defensive would be around 6 - 6.5/10.

With BMo (once again, if he has his legs) the offensive capacity on the line I think would be about 7.5/10 and the defensive capabilities at 8/10 IMO.

Lastly, there's several skilled veteran players that are fully capable and good NHL players (Nolan, Guerin, BMo, Fedetenko) some on PTOs and it's not because they lack the skill to be playing; it's because veteran players who are used to the big bucks are not cost effective.

In today's NHL, teams will opt for the equivalently skilled younger talent opposed to the costly veteran. It's more to do with the dollars and cents than skill. I don't believe the 'unproven' younger guys have the complete skill set to beat out BMo if he's willing to take the same pay the young guys will... (If he has his legs.)

Add in the versatility BMo has; you can trust him to play any line and be able to handle, so I have to favor him once more.

Ultimately it will come down to the defensive progression of the young guys and we will have to see how they compete in these next couple weeks.

Old
09-21-2010, 07:12 PM
LetsBeReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
For the people having a raymond,Kesler,Hodgson lineup......do you have Kesler as centerman strictly for his FO prowess?

Hodgson might (if he proves he belongs on this line)be better as the centerman..he has fantastic vision.....kesler would rack up tons of goals being the winger.....whether he is ready now,,I think there will be a time where hodgson will be the second best passer on the team(behind henrik and possibly Daniel)
Puts a lot of the defensive responsibilities on Hodgson if he played center. Tough assignment for a rookie.

Old
09-21-2010, 07:48 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
I believe the defensive liabilities that any of those young guys bring, really brings down the "shut down" capacity for the second line.

I think if the offensive capacity was and 8/10 with Hodgson/ Schroeder /Shirokov /Tambi I think the defensive would be around 6 - 6.5/10.

With BMo (once again, if he has his legs) the offensive capacity on the line I think would be about 7.5/10 and the defensive capabilities at 8/10 IMO.

Lastly, there's several skilled veteran players that are fully capable and good NHL players (Nolan, Guerin, BMo, Fedetenko) some on PTOs and it's not because they lack the skill to be playing; it's because veteran players who are used to the big bucks are not cost effective.

In today's NHL, teams will opt for the equivalently skilled younger talent opposed to the costly veteran. It's more to do with the dollars and cents than skill. I don't believe the 'unproven' younger guys have the complete skill set to beat out BMo if he's willing to take the same pay the young guys will... (If he has his legs.)

Add in the versatility BMo has; you can trust him to play any line and be able to handle, so I have to favor him once more.

Ultimately it will come down to the defensive progression of the young guys and we will have to see how they compete in these next couple weeks.
some fair points. although i'd expect a guy like BMo, and many of those other aging Vets on PTOs to actually come *cheaper* than guys like Hodgson/Shirokov to be honest.

but you're right. it's tough to balance the defensive aspect of that 2nd line with the offense they really NEED to provide. and in time we should have Burrows back, and Samuelsson can jump back to that 2nd line where IMO he's a pretty perfect complement. brings some size, an edge, very solid defensive game, and a legitimate SHOOTER to that line that really clicked so well last year.

in the meantime though, if the defensive aspect is going to be an issue with some of the other options, i'd honestly even prefer giving Hansen a shot at that 2nd line wing slot over BMo. he's a natural winger, and i think he brings at least as much as Morrison would at this point in his career. Hansen has the same sort of wheels if not better, a bit more of an edge IMO, and pretty close to being a wash across the rest of the board including defensively.

basically, if you throw BMo on that 2nd line, even just to start the season...you're really just *hoping* that he can halt his downward slide at best. whereas with Hansen...you can probably expect about somewhere around the same sort of performance as Morrison is likely to give as a baseline...with some real potential to be pleasantly surprised on top of that. and at the very least, you're growing an asset for the future. BMo won't be back next year, Hansen most likely will, barring a trade. why bother stockpiling all of these promising youngsters if we're just going to patch the roster with stopgap vets right?

but i'm of the opinion that it doesn't really make much sense to sacrifice any of the potential offense from the top-6...when our bottom-6 is now supposed to be so much bigger, better, and stronger defensively. i'd think that for a month at the beginning of the season we'd be alright leaning a bit more on Malhotra and co. for some of the defensive responsibilities if needed. and if BMo competes hard and earns a spot and slots in somewhere in that bottom-6, i'm all for it. i just really don't dig the idea of taking a big step backwards with our top-6 when we have so much potential talent just lying around.

Old
09-22-2010, 12:23 AM
The Big Foot

If Samuelsson plays with the Sedins, we can put Burrows with either Kesler-Raymond, or Malhotra-Torres...either of those combinations look like awesome lines. Then Hodgson, Morrison, Hansen can rotate in and out of the other line...with two of them forming the fourth line, along with Oreskovich, Glass or Rypien. Pretty solid.

The Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:37 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Foot View Post
If Samuelsson plays with the Sedins, we can put Burrows with either Kesler-Raymond, or Malhotra-Torres...either of those combinations look like awesome lines. Then Hodgson, Morrison, Hansen can rotate in and out of the other line...with two of them forming the fourth line, along with Oreskovich, Glass or Rypien. Pretty solid.
Burrows with Raymond and Kesler just doesn't work IMO. for whatever bizarre reason. the chemistry is there between Raymond-Kesler and it's there between Kesler-Burrows...but put it all together and you have...a disappointment. i'm not sure if it's just too much predictability, or just incongruent styles in general, or if it's that they all get too defensively focused when thrown together...whatever it is...i don't want to see it anymore. i've seen it auditioned, and it just doesn't fly for me.

Old
09-22-2010, 01:46 AM
shortshorts
broken athlete

My ideal for the playoffs.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Samuellsson
Torres Malhotra Hansen
Glass Morrison Oreskovich

Edler Ballard
Hamhuis Ehrhoff
OBrien Salo
Alberts L.Sweatt

Opening day

Sedin Sedin Samuellsson
Raymond Kesler Shirokov
Torres Malhotra Hansen
Oreskovich Morrison Glass

Edler Ballard
Hamhuis Ehrhoff
OBrien Bieksa........................................
Alberts L.Sweatt

shortshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:30 AM
SaskaToba

vCash: 848
Playoffs:
D. Sedin H. Sedin A. Burrows
M. Raymond R. Kesler M. Samuelsson
R. Torres M. Malholtra B. Morrison
R. Rypien J. Hansen T. Glass/Oreskovich

A. Edler K. Ballard
D. Hamhuis C. Ehrhoff
S. Salo K. Bieksa

Opening Day:

D. Sedin H. Sedin M. Samuellson
M. Raymond R. Kelser B. Morrison
R. Torres M. Malholtra J. Hansen
R. Rypien C. Hodgson V. Oreskovich

A. Edler K. Ballard
D. Hamhuis C. Ehrhoff
A. Rome K. Bieska

not a bad squad either way IMHO

SaskaToba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:35 AM
RJC

Hodgson would gain nothing playing on the 4th line...

RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:07 AM
SaskaToba

vCash: 848
Hodgson

Experience?? Why not try him out at the NHL level to start off the year and just ease him into the swing of things. You don't want to put the pressure on him to produce right away on the 2nd or 3rd line. Then if he doesn't succeed at the NHL level send him down to Manitoba to get lots of ice time.

SaskaToba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:19 AM
LetsBeReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Hodgson would gain nothing playing on the 4th line...
Except for about 6 minutes of NHL experience a game and the opportunity to play without the pressure of being a 'go-to player' or have a major defensive assignment.

Old
09-26-2010, 07:14 PM
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight

vCash: 93
D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows
Hansen-Morrison-Hodgson
Torres-Malhotra-Glass/Schaefer

Hamhuis-Edler
Ballard-Ehrhoff