HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Police Confiscate Slashing Incident Photos

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Serena587

vCash: 500
Police Confiscate Slashing Incident Photos

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ottawa...26/472957.html

"POLICE SEIZE PEREZHOGIN PICS

HAMILTON -- Police with a search warrant yesterday seized Hamilton Spectator photos of the slash that sent an AHL player into convulsions at Copps Coliseum. Investigators took photos of the April 30 slash by Hamilton Bulldogs forward Alexander Perezhogin that gave Cleveland Barons defenceman Garrett Stafford a third-degree concussion."

I can't help but wonder if this spells prosecution for Perezhogin.....

Old
05-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
I hope not. Leave the game on the ice.

~Crazed.

Old
05-26-2004, 03:20 PM
dwaynester

Enough is enough

Come on, the kid has been punished enough.

He has been persecuted for what he did, has received an unreasonably long suspension (I felt that 40 games instead of 80 was warranted), and this incident took the life out of the Dogs, as they were swept by Rochester in the next round.

Like I have said on my website, Perezhogin was less than 6" away from possibly losing an eye, or worse, having his face shattered by Stafford's stick from that incident. If you look at the replay, really close, you will see he wasnt even looking in the same direction he slashed. He assumed the player was standing, which would have meant him breaking his stick across the shin pads of Stafford, or at worst catching him across the waist.

There are a lot of things that werent reported about this incident, that I am not going to get into here. Needless to say, the kid has suffered enough for his actions, and it should just be let go. they ruled months quicker than any ruling from Colin Campbells office about Bertuzzi, but then again, Perezhogin doesnt earn a 7 figure salary, and is one of the top 10 players in the league either.

Old
05-26-2004, 03:45 PM
Serena587

I have no interest in starting up this debate yet again. I am merely providing information. Please let's not make this into another "Poor Perezhogin/Stafford is guilty too" thread.

Closed Thread