HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Who will admit to..

Old
07-28-2010, 09:39 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Other weird moments i can remember.

• Kocur shoots the puck through the net.

• Puck gets lodged in Esa Tikkanens skate and no one knows where it is for a minute.

• Jagr scores a goal against the Rangers through side of the net.

• Roszival bats an own goal in with his glove in quite possibly the most retarded defensive play ever.

• Rucinsky (?) scores an OT winner in St. Louis off the back of the goalie after his shot goes wide and bounces back off the glass.

• Darren Turcotte juggles the puck with his gloves to get free for a breakaway and scores. (sick goal)

• Nemchinov face gets DESTROYED while on the Devils because the Penalty Box door opens and exposes the side of the glass during a check.

• Kelly Kisio skates around the offensive zone for 30 seconds with the puck and what seems like 3 times around the net and scores.

• A Ref (i forget who, maybe Van Massenhoven) tries to breakup a fight and while hes holding a player another skates into his arm and breaks it (i believe he broke it, could be wrong)

• The Leetch ankle injury.

• The terrible Mike Richter goal against in the Pittsburgh series in the 90's

• Miloslav Horava wears a strip of black tape over his visor for years because it "cuts down the glare" ???

• Kevin Stevens rearranges his own facial structure in a game 7, then goes to Rangers and gets busted for crack. lol.

• Jagr breaks his stick during a shootout, right before he is about to shoot.

There are more out there, enlighten us.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 07-28-2010 at 09:47 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 09:44 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Kocur shoots the puck through the net.

Puck gets lodged in Esa Tikkanens skate and no one knows where it is for a minute.

Jagr scores a goal against the Rangers through side of the net.

Roszival bats an own goal in with his glove in quite possibly the most retarded defensive play ever.

Rucinsky (?) scores an OT winner in St. Louis off the back of the goalie after his shot goes wide and bounces back off the glass.

Darren Turcotte juggles the puck with his gloves to get free for a breakaway and scores. (sick goal)

Nemchinov face gets DESTROYED while on the Devils because the Penalty Box door opens and exposes the side of the glass during a check.

Kelly Kisio skates around the offensive zone for 30 seconds with the puck and what seems like 3 times around the net and scores.

Miloslav Horava wears a stripe of black tape over his helmet for years because it "cuts down the glare" ???

Kevin Stevens rearranges his own facial structure in a game 7, then goes to Rangers and gets busted for crack. lol.

Jagr breaks his stick during a shootout, right before he is about to shoot.

How about when Tyutin caught the puck in the playoffs against Pittsburgh

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 09:46 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
How about when Tyutin caught the puck in the playoffs against Pittsburgh
Yeah!

Remember when Prongers heart stopped? whoa, that was scary. Not sure why i just recalled that though.

Old
07-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:

• Kocur shoots the puck through the net.

• Puck gets lodged in Esa Tikkanens skate and no one knows where it is for a minute.

• Jagr scores a goal against the Rangers through side of the net.

Roszival bats an own goal in with his glove in quite possibly the most retarded defensive play ever.

• Rucinsky (?) scores an OT winner in St. Louis off the back of the goalie after his shot goes wide and bounces back off the glass.

• Darren Turcotte juggles the puck with his gloves to get free for a breakaway and scores. (sick goal)

• Nemchinov face gets DESTROYED while on the Devils because the Penalty Box door opens and exposes the side of the glass during a check.

• Kelly Kisio skates around the offensive zone for 30 seconds with the puck and what seems like 3 times around the net and scores.

• A Ref (i forget who, maybe Van Massenhoven) tries to breakup a fight and while hes holding a player another skates into his arm and breaks it (i believe he broke it, could be wrong)

• The Leetch ankle injury.

• The terrible Mike Richter goal against in the Pittsburgh series in the 90's

• Miloslav Horava wears a strip of black tape over his visor for years because it "cuts down the glare" ???

• Kevin Stevens rearranges his own facial structure in a game 7, then goes to Rangers and gets busted for crack. lol.

• Jagr breaks his stick during a shootout, right before he is about to shoot.

Ovechkin one-handing a goal through Rozsival might win.

Also this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiXOYigHj64

Last edited by Panfork: 07-28-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 10:24 PM
chip chipperson*

the guy that yelled **** you poti you ****ing nerd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQSOrvDtyQ

this guy reaks of awesomeness

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:

Darren Turcotte juggles the puck with his gloves to get free for a breakaway and scores. (sick goal)
You know where I could find a vid of this?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 12:14 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
HAHAHAH

"Ohhh!! I cant believe we just saw that..."
It sounded like a WWF match set up.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 01:04 AM
ret513

Quote:

Puck gets lodged in Esa Tikkanens skate and no one knows where it is for a minute.

Rucinsky (?) scores an OT winner in St. Louis off the back of the goalie after his shot goes wide and bounces back off the glass.

Nemchinov face gets DESTROYED while on the Devils because the Penalty Box door opens and exposes the side of the glass during a check.

Kelly Kisio skates around the offensive zone for 30 seconds with the puck and what seems like 3 times around the net and scores.

A Ref (i forget who, maybe Van Massenhoven) tries to breakup a fight and while hes holding a player another skates into his arm and breaks it (i believe he broke it, could be wrong)

The Leetch ankle injury.

The terrible Mike Richter goal against in the Pittsburgh series in the 90's

Miloslav Horava wears a strip of black tape over his visor for years because it "cuts down the glare" ???

Kevin Stevens rearranges his own facial structure in a game 7, then goes to Rangers and gets busted for crack. lol.

Wow HBNYC.. I'm 47yrs old and been watching Rangers since a kid..could never rattle off that many fun, crazy things off the top of my head like that!

You are a true, dedicated Rangers fan

The Modano one made me gasp when it was live. I think Sam said something about contacting an attorney..too funny

ret513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 06:58 AM
lovetherangers

Quote:
How about Marek Malik of all people scoring the between the legs goal in the shootout vs Kolzig. Crazy!

Back to the OP, I was at that game with the puck thrown into the net. I had my buddies convinced for weeks that I did it. That they really believed me says alot about their opinion of my dedication to rooting the Rangers to victory.

lovetherangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 03:42 PM
rickyrod

The time Shanny's skate blade fell out and he just stood in one spot for like 20 seconds before anyone knew what happened to help him to the bench was pretty funny too.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 04:10 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
You know where I could find a vid of this?
I believe it was on the 1989 Poised For Glory VHS i have at home. I'll have to check, but that means ill have to hook up my old VCR. Not sure if I know how to do that anymore lol

Old
07-29-2010, 06:05 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Who was the player that almost had a breakaway but stepped on the puck and went @ss over tea cup back in the early 80's ?

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 06:27 PM
NYRJE

Quote:

A Ref (i forget who, maybe Van Massenhoven) tries to breakup a fight and while hes holding a player another skates into his arm and breaks it (i believe he broke it, could be wrong)

The Leetch ankle injury.

Miloslav Horava wears a strip of black tape over his visor for years because it "cuts down the glare" ???

Awesome post! Boy do I feel old. This is truly great stuff.

NYRJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 06:34 PM
NYRJE

This has been watched a billion times but it never gets old for me:

NYRJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 07:24 PM
pwoz

In addition to the Rucinsky goal off the glass, I can remember sometime in the 90s (not sure if before or after the Cup) where we were on the PK and Graves took the puck along the boards in the offensive zone and just controlled it between his skates and stick for like 90 seconds! It was insane, and the crowd went wild when the penalty expired.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
In addition to the Rucinsky goal off the glass, I can remember sometime in the 90s (not sure if before or after the Cup) where we were on the PK and Graves took the puck along the boards in the offensive zone and just controlled it between his skates and stick for like 90 seconds! It was insane, and the crowd went wild when the penalty expired.
That's sounds awesome... if anyone can post a video of this, that would be great.

What you posted reminds me of this:

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 09:06 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
The time Shanny's skate blade fell out and he just stood in one spot for like 20 seconds before anyone knew what happened to help him to the bench was pretty funny too.
This one scared me, because I saw him hobbling on one foot and immediately thought he got injured.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 09:31 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni1994 View Post
That's sounds awesome... if anyone can post a video of this, that would be great.

What you posted reminds me of this:

Nice!

I just had another random memory, but I think Leetch did this several times:

We'd be on the PP and nothing was getting done but the back-and-forth passing... so Leetch (visibly peeved) would just take the puck in and score.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 09:39 PM
drewcon40

Not as bad as some of the other examples but when Ruscinsky was mocking a Flyer (Brashear maybe?) and the score was 5 to 1 Rangers. So Ruscinsky counted 5 then 1 and then flipped the bird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7JGWtoWAtc

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 09:53 PM
John Torturella

Mentioning goals off the glass, Avery's goal in Atlanta in game 2 of the playoff series was insane.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:

The Leetch ankle injury.

Gretzky's wife getting knocked out by Ulf Samuelsson.

Strangely enough, MSG just had a list of "Bizarre Garden Moments" and the puck throwing was on it.

Death By BB Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Mentioning goals off the glass, Avery's goal in Atlanta in game 2 of the playoff series was insane.
I remember this... at 0:21:

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Schweiker17

Quote:
every time i think of atlanta i think of that goal

Schweiker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:47 PM
pete3589

Quote:
Yeah!

Remember when Prongers heart stopped? whoa, that was scary. Not sure why i just recalled that though.
I remember this vivily.

It was pretty scary, and luckily Pronger was ok, but I seem to recall this game being on FOX and they had the ridiculous glowing puck, so the shot was taken and it looked like Pronger took a laser beam to the chest! It was really something.

Ive been looking for a video of that for years, but all i found was this....lol

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7122539AAXcGrd

pete3589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Jagr getting caught with an illegal stick twice in one game was really funny. First he got caught in OT, the Rangers killed the penalty and than he got caught when he was about to go in for the shootout and he was disqualified. There were some funny comments afterwards that I can't exactly remember. Jagr said that the ref didn't measure the blade right and the ref replied "No matter how you measured it, that stick was illegal."

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote