Notices

Insight for a visiting fan

Old
07-28-2010, 01:56 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Insight for a visiting fan

I'm considering taking my son to the Blues game on 10/16. I'm familiar with Dallas, but not the arena. I'm also trying to decide where would be best to sit.

Are there any special seating areas (like in St Louis the Club Seating has free food/drink during the game) that I might not realize when ticket-shopping? I'm leaning towards trying to get close to the glass. (He's turning 10 and this would be a birthday present.)

Any areas right around the arena we shouldn't miss? Any other suggestions for things to make for a cool trip?

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Platinum level (200s) is the equivalent to the Blues club level seating. Separate concessions, nicer concourse, generally a little nicer overall. Probably not worth it for the 10 year old because it's more business-y.

As for what makes it a cool trip, depends on what he's in to. If he wants autographs, they will likely have an open practice in Frisco the day before the game (and possibly the day after as well) where he can get right up against the glass during practice and hang out for autographs afterwards. There are a billion things to do in the greater DFW area, as well. What types of things does he like?

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 04:10 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

I guess I'm mainly asking about arena and arena-area (before/after the game) attractions. He basically just loves hockey and the Blues. We haven't gone to a game at another team's arena before, so it should be interesting.

Thanks for the info on the practice site....that sounds promising.

Old
07-28-2010, 04:26 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 20645
Be advised that where the Stars practice (Frisco) and where they play (AAC) is a 30+ minute drive.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
I can get from the AAC to Frisco in 20 minutes on the tollway, but that's just how I drive. :-P

The area around the arena is new-ish and has some fun stuff, but not a lot of things that are particularly kid oriented after the game. Before the game, there's often some sort of kids area set up at the.... south? entrance. The one not across from the parking lot and that has the giant HD television.

The AAC is right on the freeway, so it's easy to get to if you want to do things in the city or the suburbs or Fort Worth earlier in the day.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games Seen: 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
The area around the arena is new-ish and has some fun stuff, but not a lot of things that are particularly kid oriented after the game. Before the game, there's often some sort of kids area set up at the.... south? entrance. The one not across from the parking lot and that has the giant HD television.
Believe it's called Victory Plaza, right by the W hotel. That's really the only kid friendly thing down there to do before the game. It's still an upcoming area really. I know there's a Hard Rock within walking distance (at the end of Victory Ave.)

There's really nothing in terms of 10 year old attractions down there. If you were willing to drive out to Frisco, it definitely is very easy in terms of getting autographs or pictures with the players. I don't think the Blues have anything set up like the Stars have (living there for a year, I don't remember them having a place like the DP Stars Center at all).

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 05:04 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 20645
The Dallas World Aquarium is theoretically within walking distance of the AAC. Other than that the area's mostly geared toward adults with money to burn.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 06:05 PM
SinBinTexan

The Dallas World Aquarium/Indoor Rainforest is pretty awesome if hes into animals.

Also SpeedZone is about 10 mi NE of the AAC on I-35. Its got 4 go-cart tracks...mini golf...arcade and a couple rides.

SinBinTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 03:46 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Thanks for all the replies.

Old
07-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
Back in the reunion days we'd always go to speedzone. Absolute blast at 10.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote