HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

Markus Kojo

Old
07-29-2010, 11:13 AM
FrankTheTank

vCash: 500
Markus Kojo

Can anyone tell me anything about him? He's born 1994 and he will play next season in USHL. He's big D-man (6'3 and 205 lbs).

USHL is really tough league and it's kinda weird that he transfered there. He played only 7 games in B juniors. Rest of the games he played in C juniors.

FrankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Tormentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about him? He's born 1994 and he will play next season in USHL. He's big D-man (6'3 and 205 lbs).
Physical, aggressive, hard hitting and won’t back down. Has quite a lot of strength in his shot. Some offensive game in Jr.C, but not so much with the U16 national team. Agility and skating in general are bit of a weakness, needs to work on them.

Quote:
USHL is really tough league and it's kinda weird that he transfered there. He played only 7 games in B juniors. Rest of the games he played in C juniors.
Agreed, USHL might be a bit too much this upcoming season, but maybe they have a backup plan. Overall the North American game should suit him well.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 02:59 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Any relation to Finnish has-been celebrity Timo Kojo?

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 07:09 PM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Any relation to Finnish has-been celebrity Timo Kojo?
Is that the guy who sang "Nuku Pommiin"?

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiNsKa View Post
Is that the guy who sang "Nuku Pommiin"?

Yes. And the source of "Et sä tiedä kuka mä oon?!" ("Don't you know who I am?") jokes from the Pietarinkadun Oilers GoGo radio show.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 08:13 AM
FrankTheTank

I was wondering where the hell Markus Kojo will play because Eliteprospect tells that his team is Indiana Ice (USHL) but USHL network tells that Markus Kojo isn't in roster of Indiana Ice. So I googled Markus Kojo and got to know that he plays in Indiana Ice jr. The league name was NAPHL and he had 0+3 in 4 game. I haven't heard anything about this league so if someone knows something, please tell me! But it seems like the oldest players on that league have borned 1992 so the level of the NAPHL can't be so amazing. Maybe next season he will play in USHL.

FrankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

Below is the league's official page with it's stated goals. Basically, it is the equivalent of B junior in Finland - designed to feed into either the NAHL or USHL. I'd imagine this could be a step designed to help stem the flow of players north of the border - particularly younger players who may have the potential to one day play college hockey but are not yet ready for the USHL or NAHL levels.

http://www.naphl.com/about-us.cfm

Quote:

So I googled Markus Kojo and got to know that he plays in Indiana Ice jr. The league name was NAPHL and he had 0+3 in 4 game. I haven't heard anything about this league so if someone knows something, please tell me! But it seems like the oldest players on that league have borned 1992 so the level of the NAPHL can't be so amazing. Maybe next season he will play in USHL.

Last edited by Tony Piscotta: 10-14-2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Forgot link
Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote