HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What will it take to get Franson signed?

Old
07-28-2010, 12:38 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
What will it take to get Franson signed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Agreed, and the fishwrapper had a few other comparisons that have previously been mentioned. What about Hornqvist's situation could there possibly be to allow him to command more than $2.5-3 million? I can't think of much.
I got Hornqvist at 2.5 million. My question is what will Franson's number be?

Last edited by Seth Lake: 07-28-2010 at 04:44 PM.
BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Stralman just picked up $1.95m for one year (just before arbitration; go Howie, keepin' the streak alive!), so that may be a comparable.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
It honestly can't be that much ... he was down their with Wade & Tootoo wrt Quality of Competition He was a protected player last season

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 01:31 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Stralman just picked up $1.95m for one year (just before arbitration; go Howie, keepin' the streak alive!), so that may be a comparable.
That would be crazy money for Franson.

I can see a one year $1.25 million or a 2-year $2 million offer.

Too much in the pipeline to give $2 million (for one year) to Franson (even if they might be able to afford it).

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 01:59 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
That would be crazy money for Franson.

I can see a one year $1.25 million or a 2-year $2 million offer.

Too much in the pipeline to give $2 million (for one year) to Franson (even if they might be able to afford it).
NFW Franson gets more than a million. Klein only got 1.3 and he played every night. Cody was scratched some and spent time in milwaukee. the question will be does he want to just take his QO and hope he can bump it up next year or does he take the bird in the hand and do 2 years at around 1 mil per?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 04:14 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
NFW Franson gets more than a million. Klein only got 1.3 and he played every night. Cody was scratched some and spent time in milwaukee. the question will be does he want to just take his QO and hope he can bump it up next year or does he take the bird in the hand and do 2 years at around 1 mil per?
You know, I had to think for a second about what NFW meant. I'm such a Twitter/social conversion acronyms noob.

Now...

Typically, I'd agree with you. However, things have somewhat changed between the time Klein signed his contract and now. I originally speculated that Franson would get about $1 million. I've only bumped it slightly- and kept it short in length.

Of course, if Blum/Josi/Ellis is ready, then maybe they let Franson go. Without checking CapGeek to confirm, however, a Franson at $1.25 isn't significantly different than any of those other three if you include bonuses (certainly applicable to Blum and Ellis, less sure regarding Josi).

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
You know, I had to think for a second about what NFW meant. I'm such a Twitter/social conversion acronyms noob.

Now...

Typically, I'd agree with you. However, things have somewhat changed between the time Klein signed his contract and now. I originally speculated that Franson would get about $1 million. I've only bumped it slightly- and kept it short in length.

Of course, if Blum/Josi/Ellis is ready, then maybe they let Franson go. Without checking CapGeek to confirm, however, a Franson at $1.25 isn't significantly different than any of those other three if you include bonuses (certainly applicable to Blum and Ellis, less sure regarding Josi).
the cap isn't much different but the other three have never played an NHL game and Cody has. Even Suter and Weber had some adjustments to make when coming up. Do we really want two of our seven dmen to have little to no experience?

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 05:33 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
If he wants that kind of money, Poile needs to trade his slow ass immediately.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Franson has ZERO leverage. He is an RFA with no arbitration rights on a team with the deepest river of defensive prospects in the NHL.

In my mind the only question is does he accept (or does poile offer) two years at 1 million or less, but still guaranteed for two years, or does he just accept his QO and hope to play his way to a larger deal next summer??

Old
07-28-2010, 10:34 PM
MarkMM

Agree with the options laid out, if I'm Poile, I qualify him but offer (and hope he takes) a 2-year, $1M/year deal. If he regresses, mehp, $1M isn't much for a defenseman, if he progresses, then you get a bargain for next year.

If I'm Franson, I take a 1-year deal if I have any self-confidence and hope for a pay-day.

But he's got zero leverage on this, can't see anyone giving him an offer-sheet, he doesn't have arbitration rights, and if he wants to hold-out, all the best to him, right now the Preds have such a deep pipeline and there are so many UFA options available for the bottom-pairing out there that Franson should be doing everything in his power to just get a roster spot.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 10:48 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'd give him the same deal we just gave Parent. And at the end of that deal, I'd keep whomever was better over the two years and jettison the other, as Blum\Josi will surely be ready by then.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 08:08 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

12,655,969.74 pesos a year

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 09:06 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I'd give him the same deal we just gave Parent. And at the end of that deal, I'd keep whomever was better over the two years and jettison the other, as Blum\Josi will surely be ready by then.
I would agree on price but since parent is a purely defensive D-man and Josi and Blum are both puck-mover/offensive tilted (as is Ryan Ellis, isnt he?) who do we have in the pipeline that fits the defensively responsible role??

Old
07-29-2010, 09:24 AM
token grinder

Quote:
I would agree on price but since parent is a purely defensive D-man and Josi and Blum are both puck-mover/offensive tilted (as is Ryan Ellis, isnt he?) who do we have in the pipeline that fits the defensively responsible role??
foss looked like that kind of guy. at least i think that was his name. glenn will have to verify that. we watched him a while at prospect camp. and don't forget about laakso and sulzer.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 09:38 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Josi and Blum are both actually pretty responsible defensively. They're not "shutdown" guys by any means, but neither was Hamhuis. It seems to be the model to go toward guys that can play both ends of the rink. As token says, Foss sort of plays in the Parent mold, but I don't know that I'd hold my breath for ever seeing him in the NHL. Worst case, when\if Parent leaves, we sign someone to play on the third pairing cheaply and fill that role.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Josi and Blum are both actually pretty responsible defensively. They're not "shutdown" guys by any means, but neither was Hamhuis. It seems to be the model to go toward guys that can play both ends of the rink. As token says, Foss sort of plays in the Parent mold, but I don't know that I'd hold my breath for ever seeing him in the NHL. Worst case, when\if Parent leaves, we sign someone to play on the third pairing cheaply and fill that role.
I still think Parent suprises us. He had a hurt back last year, and we have a guy that might know a good chiropractor . If he can fix his back and Franson continues to grow the way he did last year, I think Franson/Parent will surpass Klien/Cube as our #2 pairing by the All-Star Break.

As for the thread, I bet he gets a similar deal to Parent. 2mil/2yrs sounds solid to me

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 09:52 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I expect a million max per year for Franson. His QO is 805,000 per capgeek.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:03 AM
borr

I think possibly Palin might fit the role of #7 and PK guy. Sound Dman according to the article posted

borr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 02:03 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
It honestly can't be that much ... he was down their with Wade & Tootoo wrt Quality of Competition He was a protected player last season
That's expected from a rookie, what's scary is Boulion isn't far off....

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote