HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trophy Hockey Season 6: Push for the Playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2010, 12:13 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Wow, winning a game 2-1 with a SHG, that is pretty intense.

I personally find it hard to match lines because you never know if the guy is going to try and hide his best players on the 3rd line then set their ice time to More and the top 2 lines to less.

For instance, one of the team's I could potentially be playing has no offense except for a forward with a 88 epa (I suspect cheating, but whatever) so I want to stack my 3rd line with all my checkers (including my 2nd best overall forward who has 91 checking) and then set line tactics to 3v1, but since I can't see his number 1 line I really have no idea if it will be effective. I have to base everything off assumptions.
I just scouted his team, he hasn't changed ANY tactics since JUNE.... so I am thinking he is going to stay the same - on that note, I changed a few of mine... hopefully it pays off... if not, I'l reset what they used to be and hope to win 2 in a row.

Old
09-01-2010, 12:58 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I just scouted his team, he hasn't changed ANY tactics since JUNE.... so I am thinking he is going to stay the same - on that note, I changed a few of mine... hopefully it pays off... if not, I'l reset what they used to be and hope to win 2 in a row.
You can see the other team's tactics?

Old
09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
You can see the other team's tactics?
Yes, by scouting his fixtures, see what he/she has been using... click on away or home lines... depending on who you want to look at.... then you can see the tactics...

Old
09-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
Spreadsheet. I think I've got the formula pretty much figured out, it's accurate to within a point until you start to get over 80 EPA.
I want that spreadsheet if you get promoted, dammit.

Old
09-01-2010, 01:11 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Yes, by scouting his fixtures, see what he/she has been using... click on away or home lines... depending on who you want to look at.... then you can see the tactics...
Oh, yeah, but they can still be a smart ass and change things up. I thought you meant you could see their current tactics.

Old
09-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Nik has so many apologists on the forums. It's hilarious.

Old
09-01-2010, 02:07 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Nik has so many apologists on the forums. It's hilarious.
There are alot of ****ing **** who gobble his testicles. OMG NIK HAVE FUN ON VACATION!

shut up *****. hey nik, while your on vacation, eat my *******

Old
09-01-2010, 02:11 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

^^ I must agree the site is **** for people paying, I will NEVER pay for anything there... A few of my buddies could design a webpage and game better than this guy and have the bugs worked out in a year....

It's just for fun on my end... but Nik is pathetic..

Old
09-01-2010, 02:23 PM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
^^ I must agree the site is **** for people paying, I will NEVER pay for anything there... A few of my buddies could design a webpage and game better than this guy and have the bugs worked out in a year....

It's just for fun on my end... but Nik is pathetic..
I could build a fantastic game in terms of structure, it's the programming I wouldn't be capable of doing myself.

Old
09-01-2010, 02:30 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
I could build a fantastic game in terms of structure, it's the programming I wouldn't be capable of doing myself.
Which is kind of the hard part and directly affects structure. (if you can't implement an idea in code you have to change your structure).

Old
09-01-2010, 02:41 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Which is kind of the hard part and directly affects structure. (if you can't implement an idea in code you have to change your structure).
I don't see much difficulty in implementing the ideas I'd have for a game. I speak more of game mechanics than anything else, though. I could write some of the basic algorithms and formulas, it's just applying them to the system that I don't know how to do. Should have gone to school to be a programmer.

Old
09-01-2010, 05:43 PM
L-train*

http://trophyhockey.org/forum.php?topic=show&show=6151

BTW, if I get banned, I blame Shadowgay.

Old
09-01-2010, 06:52 PM
CantSeeColors

Advanced to the finals in a 3OT game. Kind of crazy to see all the low energy levels. Still waiting to see if I play the 2 or 4 from the other conference. Kind of rooting for the 4, but I think I should beat either of them.

Old
09-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
I just posted this in the forum:

Quote:
Let's break it down and do the math on these "bugged" players.

1 trophy hockey season is 13 weeks long. That's from the time 1 season starts until the next starts. This means that exactly 4 seasons can be played in 1 "real time" year. Since each player ages 1 year per season, each player will age 4 years in 1 "real time" year.

Most of the so called "bugged" players are between ages 21 and 24. As players get older they gain routine but lose some skill. Basically a 75 avg player at 21 years old is pretty much the equivalent of a 72 avg player at 32 years old. This means players can stay at that elite level until they are 31-32 years old and are at their very best around 27-28 years old.

Since the "bugged" players are between 21-24 years old that means that in 2 real time years those players will be 29-32 years old. This game is not even 2 years old now. Can you imagine that this "big" will be affecting the game for longer than the game has even existed? It wont be until 2013 until those "bugged" players start retiring. At that point we will finally start playing some of the guys we are drafting now. Problem is, those guys will be 26-28 years old.

I dont even have a problem with players sucking in the draft. My problem is that they suck when you draft them and barely improve. How can it be that I am in 2.3 and do not have a single player over 60 avg from last years draft and those players are gaining less TI than players much older than them. In comparison, the draft before, my last pick in the draft which was the last pick overall since I won my league is now a 60 avg and gaining 15-20 TI every training. This is a guy that was last overall in the draft, so 223 players were considered better than him. He's better than all but 1 of my guys from last years draft and all 3 of my picks so far this year.

In conclusion, if we wanted to lower the averages of players they should have simply cut every player in the game by 5% instead of having to make the draft suck for the next 8 seasons.

Old
09-01-2010, 07:53 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I just posted this in the forum:
You've got a gripe similar to mine: I don't really give a **** about the bugged players at this point. I'm baffled, however, by the fact that none of my draftees from last year are gaining more than a handful of TI. I actually like that they start ******, but it seems like none of them are going anywhere. I could just not be at their blooms yet, but it's weird that I have like 4 guys who basically aren't doing anything.

Old
09-01-2010, 08:11 PM
magritte

good post cannon.

and yeah my draft pick has had TI gains of 2-3 all season.

so in a few seasons when all the bugged players lose their rookie status, i wonder what will happen to the rookie of the year award when no non-bugged draftees are good enough to make any starting lineups

Old
09-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
You've got a gripe similar to mine: I don't really give a **** about the bugged players at this point. I'm baffled, however, by the fact that none of my draftees from last year are gaining more than a handful of TI. I actually like that they start ******, but it seems like none of them are going anywhere. I could just not be at their blooms yet, but it's weird that I have like 4 guys who basically aren't doing anything.
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=790426

That guy is my 1st pick from last year's draft. He has a 59 avg and 62 trv. He's 21 and to this day his highest training TI was 11 and he did that just twice compared to the 12 times he has trained at 3 or less! The guy was my first round pick and seems like a complete bust but when i remember looking at the other 1st rounders taken last year he was right in the middle of the pack skill wise. I can see drafting a guy at 57-58 avg at 20 years old for a 1st rounder but that guy should have room to grow and should top out at around 66 avg, not 62. I can even see 2nd and 3rd rounders being drafted at 52 and topping out at 61 avg. This guy will not ever seem game action until the bugged players start to retire or decline and at that point he will be like 27 years old.

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=613951

Conversely, the guy above will be 23 years old next season, been in the league for 3 season and gains between 10-20 TI almost every training session. Hes already a 74 avg and 77 EPA center. Why didn't they cut that guys TI when he was a 71 avg at the beginning of this season when the figured out the bug? I would have been cool with that if they said they were just going to stop giving TI to guys that are ridiculously good. I have another guy who is my star defenseman, hes a 78 avg now at 25 years old and was a 75 avg before the season started and a 72 avg before last season. Those are the guys they should be stopping development on instead of giving out 2-4 TI to rookies.

Last edited by Juicy Couturier*: 09-01-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old
09-02-2010, 02:00 AM
L-train*

**** it, I don't even care if I get banned at this point. That'll just make Nik look bad for banning someone who does nothing more than speak his opinion. If he wants to make me a martyr for those who believe in high-quality customer service for something they will be spending a ****ton of money on every year, **** him. Let him do it. Let my opinion and words be the rallying cry of those who aren't sheeple, of those who understand what happened and won't tolerate their intelligence being insulted by so-called "bugs."

Believe me, in due time, I'll be proved right. I won't rest until he admits it wasn't a bug, and it was merely a necessary correction needed to further TH's profits.... there isn't anything wrong with wanting to grow profits and changing your business model while in beta. There is, however, something very, very wrong about lying to your customers.

PS; Yes, I'm drunk. No, I don't care. **** you.

Old
09-02-2010, 06:53 AM
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ

Need to catch up on this thread this afternoon - first I have a busy day ahead of me. A cursory glance seems to indicate some interesting banter.

In any case, I've advanced to the league finals! I will be facing the other conference's eighth seed. Since starting TH in the middle of this regular season, I have accumulated a solid little 23-5-1 record, and a finals appearance. Good stuff!

Old
09-02-2010, 07:31 AM
L-train*

I took down Waco, 4-3. Also got banned from the forums. **** it, what do I care?

Can't have people calling you out for the ******** you pull in regards to how you run your business, I guess. Whatever.

Here's the message he sent me;

Hi Jaeger, You've had your warnings. Accusing me and Joe of stealing, not caring and all sorts of other stuff is just not comme-il-faut. You're banned from the forum for good. Sorry you couldn't behave, N http://trophyhockey.org/forum.php?topic=show&show=6151

So I'm not in accord with conventions or accepted standards because I questioned him? Plus I never accused him of stealing, I only said it's not good (From a business perspective!) to lie to/deceive your customers.

You toe the line and point out questionable integrity, it's bound to happen...

Last edited by L-train*: 09-02-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old
09-02-2010, 08:54 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I took down Waco, 4-3. Also got banned from the forums. **** it, what do I care?

Can't have people calling you out for the ******** you pull in regards to how you run your business, I guess. Whatever.

Here's the message he sent me;

Hi Jaeger, You've had your warnings. Accusing me and Joe of stealing, not caring and all sorts of other stuff is just not comme-il-faut. You're banned from the forum for good. Sorry you couldn't behave, N http://trophyhockey.org/forum.php?topic=show&show=6151

So I'm not in accord with conventions or accepted standards because I questioned him? Plus I never accused him of stealing, I only said it's not good (From a business perspective!) to lie to/deceive your customers.

You toe the line and point out questionable integrity, it's bound to happen...

Old
09-02-2010, 09:08 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

L Train, thats pretty ****ed up and hilarious.

I see both sides of the arguement, but Im on the the side that says "The draft sucks, wtf".

Basically though dude, IMO, and EJ's been saying it all along too... your ****ing CRAZY about TH. Like literally balls out insane over a #s simulation game. I really enjoy that game alot too and ****. but your ****ing cra.zay.

Besides dudemanbro, If you paid money for TP (thus becoming a customer), thats your fault... when its pretty clear from the get go that this game is still very ******** and the devs are pretty gay.

Old
09-02-2010, 09:14 AM
L-train*

I haven't given them a damn cent since the first day I signed up, and they'll never get any now.

In other news, they're ****ing us over more now... more salary jumps for good players. Now I need to win promotion to keep my team.

Also, the reason why I'm crazy about TH? It has the potential to be hands-down the best hockey simulation game out there, but Nik keeps ****ing it up by making poor and, imho, misguided decisions.

Old
09-02-2010, 09:21 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Quote:
I haven't given them a damn cent since the first day I signed up, and they'll never get any now.

In other news, they're ****ing us over more now... more salary jumps for good players. Now I need to win promotion to keep my team.

Also, the reason why I'm crazy about TH? It has the potential to be hands-down the best hockey simulation game out there, but Nik keeps ****ing it up by making poor and, imho, misguided decisions.

Dude have you played NHL EHM?

You should really go DL it. If you havent played it, its basically like TH, but like, actually a real good game.. lol. Plus you advance simulation on your own, and dont ****ing wait around like a ******.

Old
09-02-2010, 09:54 AM
L-train*

Downloading it now...

Closed Thread