HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Trophy Hockey Season 6: Push for the Playoffs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-04-2010, 09:55 AM
  #126
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Won, 3-1. Haven't lost a game in half the season. 20 games. Dohn picked up 3 assists, giving him 41 points in 30 games, pacing for 55.

L-train* is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 10:16 AM
  #127
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Lost 1-0 against a ****** computer team. One of those game where you think WTF happened!?

ForsbergIsOdin is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 10:18 AM
  #128
BringBackZherdev*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Won today 4-1 and went 1-1 when i was camping not too bad especially shutting out ziotree's team for the one win.

BringBackZherdev* is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 10:23 AM
  #129
Aaron Ekblad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Which of these goalies should I keepÉ

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=514100

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=514095

Aaron Ekblad is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 10:29 AM
  #130
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ
 
WhiskeyBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
An overtime loss pushed me into first place of my entire league.

I'm thinking I'm going to give my goalie a break. He's been a stud, but sputtering lately. I inherited a couple of good rookies when I took this team. One has 84 reflexes, 75 left leg, and 83 right leg. I think I am going to throw him into the fire, see what happens.

My offense, on the other hand, has come to life. I think I have finally tweaked my tactics to get the most of my skaters.

WhiskeyBoarder is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 10:37 AM
  #131
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 14,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
Won, 3-1. Haven't lost a game in half the season. 20 games. Dohn picked up 3 assists, giving him 41 points in 30 games, pacing for 55.
Won 5-1.

Juha Aberg currently has 57 points in 30 games. He has a really good change at hitting 70 points. Pretty good for 2.1

sa cyred is online now  
Old
08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
  #132
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
I won 5-4 with my backup in net.

24-5-1

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 01:13 PM
  #133
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Would you?

I get: http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=489627

HE gets: http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=52757


Also made this trade today:

I get:
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=390182

He gets:
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=52767

dingbathero is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 01:22 PM
  #134
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Won 5-1.

Juha Aberg currently has 57 points in 30 games. He has a really good change at hitting 70 points. Pretty good for 2.1
My highest point getter is P. Minter with 33 points in 30. The rest of my team is 28 points or less, and my team is 2nd in the league in goals! My top 2 lines are all in the mid 20's points wise, and my top 4 D are all on the assists leader board.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 03:25 PM
  #135
Rizer
Registered dissident
 
Rizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Tatar View Post
If you only want one, then I would suggest McClure, the first one. He's 2 years younger and more balanced.

Does anyone know where I can get a team logo done? I asked for one in the forum, but the guy hasn't responded to this logo making thread in ages. Is there anyone here who does logos or can recommend someone who does?

Also, I won with my new center in the lineup. 2-0. It's nice to get a shutout after allowing 3 or 4 goals in the last few loses, and I'm still averaging at least 20 shots per game with my modified tactics.

Rizer is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 10:22 PM
  #136
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Won 5-1.

Juha Aberg currently has 57 points in 30 games. He has a really good change at hitting 70 points. Pretty good for 2.1

L-train* is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 10:37 PM
  #137
Dash22
Registered User
 
Dash22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buckingham, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Tatar View Post
I would keep Kevin McClure.

He is more well rounded and younger by two years.

Dash22 is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:10 PM
  #138
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Just traded http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=644567
for http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=697908

I am pretty sure I won the trade

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:20 PM
  #139
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ
 
WhiskeyBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
I wish I could get a trade I like. I think I may just be too conservative to be a player in the trade market. I had the same tendency in other fantasy sports as well. I was offered another deal today, but they wanted a rookie d-man that I value way too much to give up.

It sucks because I think trading is... ah... "fun", I guess is the word. But I enjoy more building a successful team to grant deals that I am not completely blown away by.

I guess that's the way it goes.

WhiskeyBoarder is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:28 PM
  #140
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBoarder View Post
I wish I could get a trade I like. I think I may just be too conservative to be a player in the trade market. I had the same tendency in other fantasy sports as well. I was offered another deal today, but they wanted a rookie d-man that I value way too much to give up.

It sucks because I think trading is... ah... "fun", I guess is the word. But I enjoy more building a successful team to grant deals that I am not completely blown away by.

I guess that's the way it goes.
Well I offered that trade I usually only offer trades so that way if somebody accepts I am happy with the outcome.

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
  #141
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ
 
WhiskeyBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Well I offered that trade I usually only offer trades so that way if somebody accepts I am happy with the outcome.
That's my other problem. I am kind of lazy; at least, in this regard.

For example, I have a couple of young goalies, a total of three rookies in fact, two of which I would happily give up for quality young d-men. But for some reason, either intimidation or the aforementioned laziness, I fail to make the effort to develop deals.

WhiskeyBoarder is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:33 PM
  #142
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 14,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Pretty nice win. Surprised as a 1.1 coach he accepted it. Your guy was alittle younger but the other guy was better.

sa cyred is online now  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:34 PM
  #143
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBoarder View Post
That's my other problem. I am kind of lazy; at least, in this regard.

For example, I have a couple of young goalies, a total of three rookies in fact, two of which I would happily give up for quality young d-men. But for some reason, either intimidation or the aforementioned laziness, I fail to make the effort to develop deals.
It is pretty easy just sort your trade list by age and position and start offering trades.

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:35 PM
  #144
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Pretty nice win. Surprised as a 1.1 coach he accepted it. Your guy was alittle younger but the other guy was better.
I am surprised he accepted it also. Obviously the 1.1 guy is grabbing him for a future PK role, but I like your (chris) guy better.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:39 PM
  #145
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Thanks. I seem to be making some decent trades and I have a couple young goalies that could be decent. Really hoping I could get a good player in the draft. I might switch teams next season to get in a league with other people on here a little boring sometimes that nobody else is in my league.

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:43 PM
  #146
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 14,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I am surprised he accepted it also. Obviously the 1.1 guy is grabbing him for a future PK role, but I like your (chris) guy better.
Vlad Gretzky is a pretty good coach. I do agree that this must be his reason, but even EPA wise, Chris wins it hands down.

sa cyred is online now  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:48 PM
  #147
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Vlad Gretzky is a pretty good coach. I do agree that this must be his reason, but even EPA wise, Chris wins it hands down.
EPA is only good for offensive players. If Vlad wanted a PK stud, a strong LW with solid defensive stats will do perfectly.

It's not as lopsided as you guys think, but I still think Vlad could of gotten more with that kids shot, it's good.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:50 PM
  #148
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 14,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
EPA is only good for offensive players. If Vlad wanted a PK stud, a strong LW with solid defensive stats will do perfectly.

It's not as lopsided as you guys think, but I still think Vlad could of gotten more with that kids shot, it's good.
Chris's old guy wasnt THAT good defensively. I would have liked better skating. Not bad, but I dont think he would outbeat my two pk guys, and one I would trade for the new guy chris has.

sa cyred is online now  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:52 PM
  #149
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
So, can someone explain what this league is? It sounds pretty intriguing.

agrudez* is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 02:58 PM
  #150
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Chris's old guy wasnt THAT good defensively. I would have liked better skating. Not bad, but I dont think he would outbeat my two pk guys, and one I would trade for the new guy chris has.
For a 64 OVR guy, you won't find a better suited PK LW. What are the OVR of your PK guys?

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.