HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greene and Westgarth out to start the season

Old
07-30-2010, 04:20 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
He might be out longer. Oh no....
He is forgetting, Matt Greene isn't like most folks. He'll be back, but it may take him some time to get readjusted and get his strength back.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Renato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

My thoughts on the situation sumed up in a 30 sec video.

Renato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Matt Greene is no mere mortal, but shoulder injuries are touchy. He's going to be screwed conditioning-wise when he returns anyway, but if he rushes back, he's going to go all Aaron Miller on us sooner than anyone thought.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Matt Greene is no mere mortal, but shoulder injuries are touchy. He's going to be screwed conditioning-wise when he returns anyway, but if he rushes back, he's going to go all Aaron Miller on us sooner than anyone thought.
I don't think he'll be screwed conditioning-wise; he's going to have plenty of time to ride the back in the next 3 months.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Johnny Utah

Please people stop penciling in soft Drewiske in Matt Greene's spot. Greene is tough, can hit hard, fight, and block shots...Drewiske does none of those things...when a guy is hurt you replace him with an equal type of player especially when you also lost a guy like OD who brought toughness...the only guys that fit that bill are Teubert, Muzzin and Campbell and I don't see 2 of those guys taking the spot...I saw it's Muzzin or a UFA.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 01:39 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Please people stop penciling in soft Drewiske in Matt Greene's spot. Greene is tough, can hit hard, fight, and block shots...Drewiske does none of those things...when a guy is hurt you replace him with an equal type of player especially when you also lost a guy like OD who brought toughness...the only guys that fit that bill are Teubert, Muzzin and Campbell and I don't see 2 of those guys taking the spot...I saw it's Muzzin or a UFA.
I disagree. I say you put the 6 best d-men out there who give you the best chance to win. If Drewiske is determined by TM to be better than Teubert, Muzzin, and Campbell and gives the Kings a better chance to win because of match-ups, puck movement, skating ability, or whatever, then he deserves to be in the lineup.

(I'm not saying I endorse Drewiske, I'm just saying there is no right answer between having 3 PMD/ 3 shut down D vs 4 PMD / 2 shut down D vs 5 PMD / 1 shut down D or whatever combination you think of - TM will ice the team with the best chance of winning.)

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
but he is only injured, its not as if he has walked away from the league so we have to replace him. he is just injured. Thats like saying, if Kopitar got injured and was going to be out for a month, you would go nuts and trade a ton of people to aquire a top 15 center to fill in for him for a month

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Some additional defensemen to consider in a shutdown role to replace O'Donnell and/or fill in for Greene for the first few weeks of the season:

Jay McKee
Jordan Hendry
Shane Hnidy
Mike Mottau
Garnet Exelby

Old
07-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
but he is only injured, its not as if he has walked away from the league so we have to replace him. he is just injured. Thats like saying, if Kopitar got injured and was going to be out for a month, you would go nuts and trade a ton of people to aquire a top 15 center to fill in for him for a month
Yes but who the hell is goingt to clear the front of the net?

Johnson, Scuderi, Doughty, and Drewiske isn't exactly the most intimidating defense.

Old
07-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Omni Owl

Exelby would be fun.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
This.

People need to calm down.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 05:12 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I don't think he'll be screwed conditioning-wise; he's going to have plenty of time to ride the back in the next 3 months.
Whoa, what Matt Greene does in his spare time is Matt Greene's business.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 05:21 PM
onlyalad

OK does anyone have word when he had surgery? All the reports say 'recently". That could mean yesterday or last week or last month. My guess is around Mid July. He was suppose to go on the cruise but backed out. This could be the reason why. Just a thought.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Johnny Utah

Well, the toughest kids behind Westgarth are Kyle Clifford and Jordan Nolan. Clifford is more a light heavy and still only 19 and same with Nolan.

Don't we open the season agaisnt Atlanta? They will have Buff, Eager, Ladd, Thorbourn, and Boulton. Ouch. We will have Simmonds and Clune....Ouch.

Old
07-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Whoa, what Matt Greene does in his spare time is Matt Greene's business.
Haha whoops.

Maybe I've lived in New England for too long now...

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 08:48 PM
redcard

Quote:
Well, the toughest kids behind Westgarth are Kyle Clifford and Jordan Nolan. Clifford is more a light heavy and still only 19 and same with Nolan.

Don't we open the season agaisnt Atlanta? They will have Buff, Eager, Ladd, Thorbourn, and Boulton. Ouch. We will have Simmonds and Clune....Ouch.
Good news is we'll be a hell of a lot faster than them, and we do have a lot of size in our top 9 even if there's not a lot of physicality so we won't be completely pushed around.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 08:48 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:

Atlanta is the 3rd game of the season.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Hey Denis Gauthier, still in shape?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 05:12 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Okay I want to clear some things up. Greene had some sort of routine procedure on his shoulder at the end of the year right? That's probably when they found the other problems. If it was, they'd have to give his shoulder time to heal before they could perform another operation on it. If they didn't find these problems then, he probably went in for a checkup after the first procedure and it was then that they found all the other problems and that's when he had this last surgery.

Right?

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:15 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

I almost piped in with the "they should stop hanging around Williams so much" crack...but thought better of it...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:30 AM
funky

Isle just bought out Witt

sign him on a 2 way, he provides toughness until Greene gets back. If he does well, he can stay as a 6 or 7. If not send him as a veteran presence to Manchester (if he passes through waivers)

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Isle just bought out Witt

sign him on a 2 way, he provides toughness until Greene gets back. If he does well, he can stay as a 6 or 7. If not send him as a veteran presence to Manchester (if he passes through waivers)
Think about it for a sec. One of the absolute worst teams in the league just waived and bought out Witt. Does that not raise red flags? He's done. Just as McLaren and Hatcher were done, Witt has no place in the NHL today.

Old
08-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Think about it for a sec. One of the absolute worst teams in the league just waived and bought out Witt. Does that not raise red flags? He's done. Just as McLaren and Hatcher were done, Witt has no place in the NHL today.
Exactly.

One of the best things the lockout brought was the end of players like this, once the obstruction was taken out of the game players like this ceased to be effective.

I'm all for toughness on the bottom D pairs, but it can't be toughness for the sake of toughness, they also have to have some kind of game sense or hockey ability. That is why I hated the Teubert pick and Gauthier trade. Bringing in Witt would be just as useless.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:03 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Now I wouldn't say he has NO place in hockey... He MIGHT look good as a zebra...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 12:04 PM
funky

I am just saying we need toghness for approximatly 1 month depending on the team we face ie) Atl. He would be cheap, motivated and able to be had on a two way. Even if he gets 10 minutes a game against the Eagers of the world it saves one of our young guys from getting destroyed. I am not looking for him to be a minute muncher or contribute offence.

I just figure he costs us no assets, he can ride the bench or pressbox when not needed, and when we get Greene back he can go to the minors and help protect the kids as Westgarth will be up here.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote