HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Habs-related Eklund rumours Part II

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2010, 04:00 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
he can fight with Pouliot or Kostitsyn for a spot in the top 2 lines or he would play 3rd line with Eller and Pyatt or Boyd

Old
08-24-2010, 04:32 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
where would we fit stempniak?
ak46 can hold a job, i doubt it.....

Old
08-24-2010, 04:39 PM
overlords
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
ak46 can hold a job, i doubt it.....
If he's someone we're expecting to play on the 2nd line, he'll want more than 2 million. And we still have a goaltender to sign.

Old
08-24-2010, 05:03 PM
shutehinside

Stempniak would look great on our 2nd line and is great insurance in case A. Kosty pulls a no show or on the Gomez Ginota line on his off wing.

In todays NHL, a teams 3rd line is the difference on a win or a loss on most nights. Shoring up our 3rd line is not a bad idea.

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammy-Plex-A.Kosty
Moen-Eller-Stempniak
Darche/Pyatt-Boyd-Lapierre

Old
08-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Pax Macioretty

So?
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Stempniak
Boyd-Eller-Kostisyn
Moen-Pyatt-Lappierre

Anybody?

Old
08-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
So?
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Stempniak
Boyd-Eller-Kostisyn
Moen-Pyatt-Lappierre

Anybody?
I would switch Stempniak with Kostitsyn and it's a solid looking lineup. Gives us a lot of flexibility to come up with 3 offensive line and that fourth line is not too shabby either. Could actually be quite a shutdown line...

Old
08-24-2010, 06:01 PM
elsubz

wouldn't mind him playing with eller and boyd

Old
08-24-2010, 06:16 PM
habber24

Tell me if I'm wrong, the guy got 28 goals and 20 assists and was paid 3.5 M last year! How on god's earth does Mtl have a chance to get him with their cap prob? I doubt we can get him @ 2M or below. Unless we are dumping somebody ( wich I highly doubt) or we trade someone with a high salary and get only futures back (wich is almost impossible in this day and age). But we can only dream!

Old
08-24-2010, 06:52 PM
macavoy

I wouldn't sign stempniak on a 2 way contract at 550k in the nhl and 40k in the ahl.

Old
08-24-2010, 07:25 PM
sampollock

sign price 1st, then we all can see what is left

Old
08-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by habber24 View Post
Tell me if I'm wrong, the guy got 28 goals and 20 assists and was paid 3.5 M last year! How on god's earth does Mtl have a chance to get him with their cap prob? I doubt we can get him @ 2M or below. Unless we are dumping somebody ( wich I highly doubt) or we trade someone with a high salary and get only futures back (wich is almost impossible in this day and age). But we can only dream!
Agreed. I mean, jesus, if you're going to make up rumours, at least come up with ones that have a little bit of logic to them...

Old
08-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Stradale

I don't get all the hate A. Kostitsyn here. You guys talk like he was absolutely terrible last season and hasn't done anything good.

He still manage to score 15 goals in 59 games.. Maybe not the 25 goals we are expecting him but in a full season, that would give him 20 goals. Its not THAT BAD like some people pretends to be. One thing is that he was very unlucky. When he started getting hot and clicking with Cammer et Pleky, he got 20pts (11g,9a) in 18 games. He was then injured and out for a couple of months. He wasn't the same when he came back.

Old
08-24-2010, 08:11 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I don't get all the hate A. Kostitsyn here. You guys talk like he was absolutely terrible last season and hasn't done anything good.

He still manage to score 15 goals in 59 games.. Maybe not the 25 goals we are expecting him but in a full season, that would give him 20 goals. Its not THAT BAD like some people pretends to be. One thing is that he was very unlucky. When he started getting hot and clicking with Cammer et Pleky, he got 20pts (11g,9a) in 18 games. He was then injured and out for a couple of months. He wasn't the same when he came back.
"I don't get all the hate A. Kostitsyn here. You guys talk like he was absolutely terrible last season and hasn't done anything good."

He did good for 19 games, and played horrible, ECHL-worthy hockey for the 59 other games he played.

He's a poor man Kovalev. Something this team doesn't need on the long-term. Fortunately, he's as good as gone after this season.

Old
08-24-2010, 08:20 PM
JayBee*

Quote:

Really? He's incredibly inconsistent. And the thing about him is if he's not scoring he's absolutely useless.

Old
08-24-2010, 08:28 PM
FeelsLike93

One question......would Jacques Martin really put A.Kost on the 3rd line for the whole year? I mean cause he wants intelligent and responsible hockey players on the bottom two lines. This is Kostitsyns last year to put up or shut up so why steal a spot away on the 3rd line from a guy like Pacioretty (maybe), Boyd, Pyatt, Lappy? Doesn't make sense in getting Stempniak to me our, roster is fine the way it is

Old
08-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Really? He's incredibly inconsistent. And the thing about him is if he's not scoring he's absolutely useless.
Uh no, he can hit. Name me a player that can hit like A. Kostitsyn in our top 6. We need his big body in our top 6. His physical presence is seriously underrated here. We need a player like him to create space for the smaller guys like Cammer and Pleky. I know you guys hate him and can't see the good things in him but he brings other things than just scoring.

I'm not saying he was good last season or anything.. but not THAT bad. I wouldn't be surprised to see him score 25 goals + this season if he stays healthy. I don't see him as a lazy player or anything like that.. just very inconsistent and takes a lot of time (too much) to find his confidence.

Last edited by Stradale: 08-24-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old
08-24-2010, 08:37 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Uh no, he can hit. Name me a player that can hit like A. Kostitsyn in our top 6. We need his big body in our top 6. His physical presence is seriously underrated here. We need a player like him to create space for the smaller guys like Cammer and Pleky. I know you guys hate him and can't see the good things in him but he brings other things than just scoring.
How so? By trying to deke 3 opponents without moving his feet, and eventually losing the puck and creating a turnover? Because when he keeps the puck more than 1 second (well, when he doesn't shoot it right away), more often than not, he loses it and it really costs us. 15 goals is not a whole lot of goals to make up for those brain cramps. And as years pass, it certainly isn't improving.

Old
08-24-2010, 08:42 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
How so? By trying to deke 3 opponents without moving his feet, and eventually losing the puck and creating a turnover? Because when he keeps the puck more than 1 second (well, when he doesn't shoot it right away), more often than not, he loses it and it really costs us. 15 goals is not a whole lot of goals to make up for those brain cramps. And as years pass, it certainly isn't improving.
Andrei's biggest problem is thinking to much....wen you see him having these brain cramps....that's what's happening. He needs to play with more confidence in his instinct.

Old
08-24-2010, 09:08 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

I'm not saying he was good last season or anything.. but not THAT bad. I wouldn't be surprised to see him score 25 goals + this season if he stays healthy. I don't see him as a lazy player or anything like that.. just very inconsistent and takes a lot of time (too much) to find his confidence.
I agree with your post, A.Kost can be dominant physically, but he has to find his game and put it all togheter this year, we waited long enough, its now time to play with more confidence bringing a consistent effort every games..

Old
08-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
I don't see what losing the puck has to do with creating space with his body so i don't know why you brought that into the conversation. I'm just saying that the fact the he is big and can play physical can create more space to his smaller linemates. On the powerplay, he is the one that places himself in front of the net.

I know you don't like him but stop trying to make a point by stating negative stuffs about AK that has nothing to do with the conversation.

Old
08-24-2010, 09:21 PM
durojean

Cammaleri Plekanec Desharnais
Gionta Gomez Pouliot
Kostitsyn Eller Boyd
Moen Lapierre Darche

Markov Spacek
Hamrlik Subban
Gill Gorges

Price
Auld

Old
08-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
Gionta Gomez Pouliot
Kostitsyn Eller Boyd
Moen Lapierre Darche

Markov Spacek
Hamrlik Subban
Gill Gorges

Price
Auld
Desharnais on the the 3rd line if he makes it. He hasnt proven anything at the NHL level really.

Old
08-24-2010, 09:38 PM
JayBee*

Quote:

He's been trying to find his confidence playing top minutes for a number of years now. I don't care if he can hit...he brings nothing to the team when he's not scoring. Pleks, Gionta, Cam, Gomez all can still help the team when they're not scoring. AK has the potential to be a top end player but he'll have to do that on another team. I'm done with the AK experiment.

Old
08-24-2010, 09:44 PM
durojean

I'm just saying that the
Gionta Gomez Pouliot
Kostitsyn Eller Boyd
Moen Lapierre Darche

helps the team in a lot of different ways. And Desharnais could easily be White / Maxwell / Pacioretty / Palushag / Avstin.

I was trying to put a competitive line up with the players that we already have and AK on the third line. I like the idea of AK on the third line because it relieve him of the pressure of producing. Plus he is an offensive talent that could really well help a guy like Eller to perform in the NHL. I don't know,

Kostitsyn 54pts / Eller 49 pts / Boyd 45 pts.

If that line could produce like that we'd have a very good chance to make the playoffs has it's our third line.

Old
08-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
He's been trying to find his confidence playing top minutes for a number of years now. I don't care if he can hit...he brings nothing to the team when he's not scoring. Pleks, Gionta, Cam, Gomez all can still help the team when they're not scoring. AK has the potential to be a top end player but he'll have to do that on another team. I'm done with the AK experiment.
That's why he's paid 3.5M$ not 5M$-5M$-6M$-7.4M$.

You say he is useless when he doesn't score but ignores the other good things he does (like hitting), isn't that stupid?. Its like if Im saying Gionta is useless when he doesn't score, I don't care about his leadership, he's paid to score.

So I was rewatching the highlights of game 6 and 7 against the Pens.. Two extremely important games i must say..... and Andrei doesn't look that terrible and useless when he does not score.

GAME 6

0:12 - AK breaks play, small pass to Cammy, to Plek to Cammy, scores
4:00 - AK with a SUPERB pass to Cammy, scores again.
4:55 - Good rush with Pleky.
5:25 - Another dumb play by MAB on the offensive zone, AK replaces him a the blue line, takes out Staal with a great hit, no more danger

GAME 7

0:34 - Nice cross-ice pass for Pleky, Fleury stops the one-timer.
1:40 - 2 good defensive plays.
2:00 - Hard forecheking, steals the puck, 3rd assist on the goal but it was all his.
2:40 - Intercepts a pass, 2 on 1 with Gomez, 2 good scoring chances.

Not a single highlight of him coughing the puck that cost us goals or scoring chances and remember, these a pretty important games. I bet the hater doesn't remember almost any of these plays. I already see the hater coming up with the: "yeah, a couple of highlights doesnt make a season. I dont care if he was good these two games... He did nothing against the Flyers".

So before saying that he was garbage almost all season long, and is useless when he doesn't score, maybe you guys should watch some games. Yeah of course we know he cough up the puck too often and is not very good defensively but he can do good things that doesn't get a bit of credit here. Haters only concentrated on his flaws and completely ignores the rest.

Last edited by Stradale: 08-24-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Closed Thread