HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Habs-related Eklund rumours Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2010, 05:44 PM
JackZap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Au contraire, he's even worse. There's circumstantial evidence for my assessment in the fact that MAB is unemployed. Sure, he was injured, but why hasn't another NHL GM grabbed him for his team's PP? How come the Habs were able to sign him for so little last year? The man has trop disadvantages.
fact is, he brought more positives than negative.s if hes not there last year we dont make the playoffs.

Old
11-20-2010, 05:46 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
fact is, he brought more positives than negative.s if hes not there last year we dont make the playoffs.
That's not a fact and that's speculation. try again.

Old
11-20-2010, 06:14 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's not a fact and that's speculation. try again.
No its a fact try again. 4 game winning goals

Old
11-20-2010, 07:07 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
how many gwg did he cause?

Old
11-21-2010, 10:18 AM
sampollock

this week eck will bring in new truths about the habs again, that never work

Old
11-21-2010, 10:25 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
how many gwg did he cause?
I'd guess 5-10 against LOL

Old
11-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
And I suppose nobody could have scored those goals if he wasn't there ? Still pure speculation, thanks.

He's still without contract eh ? Nobody wants him it seems...

Old
11-21-2010, 10:59 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
And I suppose nobody could have scored those goals if he wasn't there ? Still pure speculation, thanks.

Maybe the reason why he hasn't signed anywhere yet is because he's still recovering from an injury and can't play yet? There have been reports that the Lightning have interest when he is healthy enough to play again..

Old
11-21-2010, 11:02 AM
CHill Seeker

i don't know if anyone saw my post on the main board in the watters thread...but i emailed it to marinaro - who i trust more than watters and his response was two words:

'it's BS'

Old
11-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Maybe the reason why he hasn't signed anywhere yet is because he's still recovering from an injury and can't play yet? There have been reports that the Lightning have interest when he is healthy enough to play again..
Didn't know he was still hurt, thanks. But, still, our PP finally recovered, so Tampa can sign him if they want...

Old
11-21-2010, 11:31 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Didn't know he was still hurt, thanks. But, still, our PP finally recovered, so Tampa can sign him if they want...
Yeah he is still recovering from knee surgery he had this summer and he should start practicing again by the beginning of December if everything goes well for him..

Old
11-21-2010, 11:33 AM
JackZap

Quote:

Saying someone else would have scored them IS speculation, thanks. I gave u a fact - he scored 4 GWG. Like it or not that is a FACT. Im not saying we should sign him, im saying he brought more positives than negatives. Guy is injured and is a fringe player, of course he wont have a contract

Old
11-21-2010, 11:35 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Cool Tampa wants to sign him !!!! They will now give up 9 goals a game instead of 7 !!!

Old
11-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Corey

Quote:
That particular stat gets you nowhere because so many members of the team had game-winning goals. Besides, the games would have been tied at the time he scored those goals and it's at least possible that the Habs would have gone on to win those games anyway.

In addition to blunders that led outright to losses, there were also hidden negatives you may have overlooked. Did any of his blunders result in goals that allowed the opponents to reach OT? If they did, then, even if the Habs won the games in OT, it would have given the opponents extra points in the standings. Did his turnovers cause his teammates to take penalties, resulting in PPG against the Habs? His turnovers anywhere on the ice always lost the Habs offensive time even if they recovered the puck or the goaltender made saves and froze the puck.

Old
11-21-2010, 06:02 PM
sheed36

Here's what Ek had to say about the Habs and Bieksa today...

Quote:
Also, the Habs, interested since July, are reportedly considering upping the ante...

"To date, Vancouver has been patient, and it may pay off for them. The Canadiens are considering making this deal bigger...expanding it to perhaps include a nice draft pick which they previously would not part with..."
Is he talking about a future high pick or one already drafted? I think he is hinting at the Habs including Tinordi... I'd rather keep Tinordi and whatever else he thinks is going the other way than deal it for a UFA to be Bieksa..

Old
11-21-2010, 06:24 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Here's what Ek had to say about the Habs and Bieksa today...

Is he talking about a future high pick or one already drafted? I think he is hinting at the Habs including Tinordi... I'd rather keep Tinordi and whatever else he thinks is going the other way than deal it for a UFA to be Bieksa..
He is talking about the Habs and the Stars for Richards, not Bieksa. He is saying that the Habs are willing to up the anti for Richards to beat out Toronto, NY Rangers and Vancouver.

Old
11-21-2010, 06:36 PM
shutehinside

Not that I think the Habs can get Richards, BUT... if we could replace Gomez with Richards I truly believe that is what separates us from bring a true bona fide contender. As much as I liked the idea of Gomez, he hasn't delivered. Richards is a true star and gives us a true 1-2 punch at centre that we need.

Old
11-21-2010, 06:47 PM
otto bond

I don't see the Stars bite at Gomez....really a franchize who struggles with money and Gomez has 8 million this year, 7.5+5.5+4.5 Give that money to Richards
Makes zero sense from the Strars but if true, what could the package be like.

Gomez,1top prospect +1st ? Ungly deal for the stars but they have the cap so.....

Old
11-21-2010, 06:55 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
He is talking about the Habs and the Stars for Richards, not Bieksa. He is saying that the Habs are willing to up the anti for Richards to beat out Toronto, NY Rangers and Vancouver.
So the Habs are interested in both Richards and Bieksa then?

Why would he say "To date, Vancouver has been patient, and it may pay off for them " if he were referring to Richards and not Bieksa?

Edit.. Here is the title for that blog from his twitter feed...

Quote:
New Rumor Blog Up> What team might blow the Stars away with offer for Richards...plus Habs and Bieksa heating up?

Last edited by sheed36: 11-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old
11-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Logically Richards could come as a rental and we could resign him in the off-season and send down Gomez to the AHL or trade him ?

Old
11-21-2010, 07:07 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
So essentially we would over pay to get Bieksa? I call poppycock.

Old
11-21-2010, 07:52 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Logically Richards could come as a rental and we could resign him in the off-season and send down Gomez to the AHL or trade him ?
There is no way we could trade for Richards unless salary goes the other way. Richard's cap hit is similar to Gomez's so what could make sense is : Richards for Gomez +++++ but I really doubt the Stars bite on that. Otherwise we could send them Hamrlik (who is an UFA they could not re-sign to save money) instead of Gomez but with Markov out doing so would be pure folly.

With Richards this team is a contender but I just don't see how getting him is at all possible.

Old
11-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I don't get the Richards rumour, why on earth would the Stars deal Richards for Gomez? They still have time to get an extension worked out with Brad and if it doesn't work out for them why would they want Gomez?

Old
11-21-2010, 08:04 PM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't get the Richards rumour, why on earth would the Stars deal Richards for Gomez? They still have time to get an extension worked out with Brad and if it doesn't work out for them why would they want Gomez?
Well its obvious. They don't want to pay Richards another 7m extension but are fine with Gomez.

Old
11-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Teufelsdreck

Gomez is virtually untradeable. Another team might overlook his lack of production so far this season but his contract would be unacceptable. As for the rumors, they make no sense. Richards is a far better player than Gomez while Bieksa is a Dman, not a first or second line center,

Closed Thread