HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Habs-related Eklund rumours Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I'm guessing the answer to my question is going to be "no" but I'll ask anyhow. Is there any chance the Habs can backdate Markov's injury to the beginning of the season (of course not counting the games he played) because in essence it's the same injury?

How does one know when Markov is placed on LTIR? Will it be noted on the official team roster somehow? Looking at capgeek.com it looks like they have a figure for LTIR cap relief of over 4 mil so I'm assuming that's Markov unless there is an injured mystery player I don't know about.
4+ mil on 5.5 looks to me like the Habs did it around the 21th game, meaning it was backdated a bit. They get LITR over 61 games or therebouts.

Old
12-15-2010, 08:43 AM
sampollock

ECK IS guessing like we are.

Old
12-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Dekar

Why does this Eklund dude have a whole thread dedicated to his rumours? Does he really churn out that many, or he is a reputable insider or something? I'd never heard of him before this thread, not that I really read hockey rumours anyway, but it looks like I'm starting, so fill me in on Eks and all this E4, E5, E1000 business.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Why does this Eklund dude have a whole thread dedicated to his rumours? Does he really churn out that many, or he is a reputable insider or something? I'd never heard of him before this thread, not that I really read hockey rumours anyway, but it looks like I'm starting, so fill me in on Eks and all this E4, E5, E1000 business.
He is a combination of making up bull**** and real sources, he does report some thing but the important thing to realize is that its a rumor. Imagine your going to Toyota to buy a new car and someone sees you and reports, So and So rumored to buy a Toyota. Just because your asking about a new car doesn't mean your going to buy it. Which is why I think his sources actually tell him things, he takes so much crap but plain and simply deserves it. If you want to know up to date rumors, look at players that are underperforming and positions we need or pending UFA's or at teams that need to shed cap or salary and you will find everything your looking for.

Thats why I do. If everyone stopped refreshing his home page, he would go out of business real fast.

That being said, I wouldnt call him a credible source.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
1) because it gives the mods a place to dump all his proposals instead of having half a dozen on the go.

2) Yes.

3) In his mind, maybe, but no.

4) May your life be richer for getting to know him

5) The higher the E number the more certain/likely/imminent it is to happen.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

What "salary dump" type players could be available up front? I was thinking of this while contemplating if the Habs should be interested in Rolston.

Langenbrunner?(though he has a NTC but Gio and Gomez might convince him)
Salo or Bieksa on defense

Old
12-15-2010, 03:29 PM
sandman08

they can backdate to the day of the injury or the day after or thereabouts so no need to do it immediately per se.. just do it when it becomes necessary as opposed to when its not actually needed (i read somewhere that the reason they called up desharnais and sent him down after is it helps the cap situation for when they do finally put markov on the LTIR, something about maximizing the savings or something like that).

Old
12-15-2010, 05:40 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
1) because it gives the mods a place to dump all his proposals instead of having half a dozen on the go.

2) Yes.

many times eck has given a mtl trade high e's, and zip happens

Old
12-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

2) Yes.

haha, I suspect a missing there.

And thanks for the rundown. What constitutes a high E?

Old
12-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Been saying that for a while now. What they should do is not allow him or allow all other similar sources, in the name of fairness, and then have a rule to discuss the rumour and not the sources. But our requests, for whatever weird reasons, are not being heard. Unfortunate, really.

I'd still like Bieksa in Montreal though.

Old
12-16-2010, 08:46 AM
sampollock

after the loss to philly,

eck will heat up

Old
12-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
haha, I suspect a missing there.

And thanks for the rundown. What constitutes a high E?
I'm not sure of Eklund's methodology for putting E's on things but I think E4 or E5 is as high as it goes and that has something to do with confirming sources or the credibility of his sources.

I think of his rumours as starting points for discussions, not for their accuracy or honesty.

He seems to like Montreal and Toronto rumours the best because they give him more hits on his website. That is my impression anyways.

Old
12-16-2010, 09:27 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Eklund started during the lockout when he claimed to be some lawyer who was privy to the negotiations going on between the league and the NHLPA. Every single day, he made a post saying that the lockout was ABOUT to end, and that the season would resume. Every day, for months. After the season was cancelled, he still maintained that things would resume. After the lockout was eventually ended (though the season remained cancelled), he and his followers pulled a huge "I told you so" as if he called it.

Afterwards, nobody cared about his site anymore, so he started posting hockey trade rumours. He then revealed he was not a "person" but a collective of hockey insiders who wanted to post rumours anonymously. He then mysteriously morphed from a lawyer to a group of insiders to some sort of author who has written a book so successful, he apparently doesn't need to work anymore.

He is actually some musician from Philly who managed to make a name for himself. He got popular, got invited to do radio shows, and eventually was given press creditentials. He's not really an insider...He's a hockey fan who did a great job of marketing himself into an insider, did some networking, and managed to convince some people in the industry that he's an insider and he's been around all along.

Old
12-16-2010, 09:47 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Eklund reminds me somewhat of his NASCAR counterpart, Jayski. It's a guy, oddly enough also from the Philadelphia area, who started a website and posted NASCAR rumors. He also had a "real" job. But he became so successful that I believe he ended up moving to the NASCAR hub in Charlotte and making his website a fulltime job. To his credit a lot of the rumors eventually came to fruition and he's pretty revealing about who he really is.

To me it's just interesting that both are from the same area.

Old
12-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Eklund started during the lockout when he claimed to be some lawyer who was privy to the negotiations going on between the league and the NHLPA. Every single day, he made a post saying that the lockout was ABOUT to end, and that the season would resume. Every day, for months. After the season was cancelled, he still maintained that things would resume. After the lockout was eventually ended (though the season remained cancelled), he and his followers pulled a huge "I told you so" as if he called it.

Afterwards, nobody cared about his site anymore, so he started posting hockey trade rumours. He then revealed he was not a "person" but a collective of hockey insiders who wanted to post rumours anonymously. He then mysteriously morphed from a lawyer to a group of insiders to some sort of author who has written a book so successful, he apparently doesn't need to work anymore.

He is actually some musician from Philly who managed to make a name for himself. He got popular, got invited to do radio shows, and eventually was given press creditentials. He's not really an insider...He's a hockey fan who did a great job of marketing himself into an insider, did some networking, and managed to convince some people in the industry that he's an insider and he's been around all along.
My argument is rendered invalid.

Old
12-20-2010, 03:12 PM
habsrock76

MTL/VAN deal is expanding? Sources are saying that Bieksa + a more talented forward then expected and a decent prospect is now coming to MTL.

We would have to be giving up something pretty good to get that kind of return.

Old
12-20-2010, 03:18 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
MTL/VAN deal is expanding? Sources are saying that Bieksa + a more talented forward then expected and a decent prospect is now coming to MTL.

We would have to be giving up something pretty good to get that kind of return.
I think we need to clarify with the real thing especially in regards to the forward. Sounds to me like Vancouver is getting the forward according to EK........

On Montreal and Vancouver...

According to a few sources the Habs and Canucks were the closest to pulling of a deal last night and there is wide-spread belief the two sides could actually pull the trade together in short order once the freeze has been lifted.

That in and off itself is not very surprising since we have known of this for some time now the Habs have interest in Bieksa, however what is more surprising is the fact it appears there is a "much better than expected forward coming to Vancouver" as one source put it. Another source added, "The Canucks are also putting in a solid offensive prospect."

Old
12-20-2010, 03:37 PM
HockeyAddict89

My bet is AK46 for Bieksa + prospect

Martin never seemed to like A.Kostitsyn and i wouldn't be surprised if he would be dealt before the deadline

Old
12-20-2010, 03:40 PM
TheBuriedHab

It would be dumb to give ak for bieksa. Not long ago vancouver were looking to dump him for a pick, now we are giving up a top 6 forward? Are we expecting Pouliot to go in the top 6 or Moen again? No thank you.

Old
12-20-2010, 03:44 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
It would be dumb to give ak for bieksa. Not long ago vancouver were looking to dump him for a pick, now we are giving up a top 6 forward? Are we expecting Pouliot to go in the top 6 or Moen again? No thank you.
No we won't deal AK it's probably Plekanec.

Old
12-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Well personally, I don't find that Pouliot has way less talent than AK. On top of that, i think Pouliot has a better chance of being molded into a Martin-type player than AK does, which is almost as important. So Bieksa+a good prospect and a pick i think would not be a bad deal at all. I hear good things about Anton Rodin, maybe that's the forward.

Old
12-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Habit11

If the Habs were to acquire a RD, that would mean that either Gorges or Spacek would have to move to the left side. I'd imagine we would have seen one of them on the left side, for JM and PG to see how either would perform, so I don't see a deal for a RD imminent.

Old
12-20-2010, 04:06 PM
sampollock

if eck is blowing smoke, which could be

i say ak is gone

Old
12-20-2010, 04:06 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
If the Habs were to acquire a RD, that would mean that either Gorges or Spacek would have to move to the left side. I'd imagine we would have seen one of them on the left side, for JM and PG to see how either would perform, so I don't see a deal for a RD imminent.
I thought the left side was Spacek's natural side? or is it the other way around. I know one of hammer or Spac is playing on their opposite side.

Old
12-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
if eck is blowing smoke, which could be

i say ak is gone
wouldn't make sense. Unless Van has an injury I don't know about, the whole point of dumping Bieksa is salary cap.

AK and Bieksa have similar caps no? Then they would be right where they started unless they have a 2nd trade lined up.

Closed Thread