HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov?

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2004, 02:24 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Radulov?

Folks, I hear so much of Radulov around and about the Rangers' draft, lately. We had all already been speculating on Ladd, Olesz, Malkin, Schremp, and Thelen --- in that order, more-or-less.

I know there had been concrete proof that there was interest in Ladd, Olesz and Malkin... Schremp and Thelen, I'm not sure, personally. However, has there been talk of Radulov upon that table from which we hope someone will drop a juicy morsel of a fact?

At first, I denunciated Radulov, seeing as he has though outstanding skill he can be awfully complacent, and seemingly lazy, as most young Russian players look. His case reminds me SO much of Valeri Kamensky (I really feel for Val) that it makes me nervous... yet, there's that substantial likelihood he won't, in fact, struggle to produce like Kamensky did. Overall, I think it's worth the risk... All the above applies to Schremp as well.

I am VERY interested in the comparisons of Ladd to Gravey. I like Ladd a lot, but I don't feel secure with the fact that he materialized out of the blue this year. Not writing him off, however. Can anyone update me on any of the aforementioned players?

Olesz, I hear so many mixed stories about him, I almost don't know what to think... like Schremp in that sense, but that's where the comparison ends. I like the way he plays, and he certainly seemed to have undeniable talent the first time I saw him, but he has done very little this season. I've heard claims of his coach focusing on defense, but I just don't buy it. He may play defensively; a leopard does not change its spots, and he is an offensive player. I've heard claims of the concussion affecting his play. I don't buy that either... he's young, and anyone who watched him knows that whatever inconsistencies he displays, none of the could be as a result of a concussion. May be time to face the facts, though... can he do it?

Malkin. Great.

Thelen -- if he is the BPA at 6, I sasy go with him... but, I hope it doesn't come to that. Some say our DF prospect depth is overrated, I really disagree and I think we really need a franchise forward to be the staple of the system.

Old
05-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Dgrohl8

I think if Radulov Impresses with his interview with Sather we will take him at number 6 because he is that good and has that much potential but only time will tell

Old
05-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
At first, I denunciated Radulov, seeing as he has though outstanding skill he can be awfully complacent, and seemingly lazy, as most young Russian players look. His case reminds me SO much of Valeri Kamensky (I really feel for Val) that it makes me nervous... yet, there's that substantial likelihood he won't, in fact, struggle to produce like Kamensky did. Overall, I think it's worth the risk... All the above applies to Schremp as well.

Thelen -- if he is the BPA at 6, I sasy go with him... but, I hope it doesn't come to that. Some say our DF prospect depth is overrated, I really disagree and I think we really need a franchise forward to be the staple of the system.
I've been a Radulov backer from the get-go, but I totally understand the counter arguements and the high probability that he won't be a Ranger pick....Still, I'm just curious, where have you read about or seen Radulov being complacent and lazy? I've heard his problem is that he often thinks his way is the right way and occasionally resists coaching but on the ice gives 100% on both ends of the ice (Unlike Schremp! )...And that' what I saw in the few U-18 games

I like THELEN alot also...As much as Ladd or Tukonen...What he did in the NCAAs for MSU as the 3rd youngest player in Division I Hockey was simply amazing...And he will get better and better, and even bigger....

Old
05-26-2004, 03:10 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I've been a Radulov backer from the get-go, but I totally understand the counter arguements and the high probability that he won't be a Ranger pick....Still, I'm just curious, where have you read about or seen Radulov being complacent and lazy? I've heard his problem is that he often thinks his way is the right way and occasionally resists coaching but on the ice gives 100% on both ends of the ice (Unlike Schremp! )...And that' what I saw in the few U-18 games

I like THELEN alot also...As much as Ladd or Tukonen...What he did in the NCAAs for MSU as the 3rd youngest player in Division I Hockey was simply amazing...And he will get better and better, and even bigger....
Yeah. I actually DO like Radulov... To be honest with you, the VERY few times I saw him, he floated a lot and lacked much defensive initiative. Maybe it wasn't quite enough for me to pass judgment, but the little I saw in conjunction with what many have told me led me to describe him as Kamensky-esque - being the best way I can put it.

I'm very swayable... not gullible, but tentative, swayable. And I VERY well may be wrong... yet again :lol

I like Radulov, and it's good to hear someone speak of him in a positive light. As a result, I'm going to look into this case much more. Thanks.

Old
05-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Some say our DF prospect depth is overrated, I really disagree and I think we really need a franchise forward to be the staple of the system.
I agree, I think we have a very solid group of young defensemen, and I rather have 6 or 7 good defensemen that can play defense and provide offense rather than having one superstar defenseman surrounded by 6 rejects. The forward I want is Tukonen, I think he is not a risky pick and has a good upside to be a top line goalscorer and a power forward, and if he does not reach full potential then he could also play on other lines.

Old
05-26-2004, 07:37 PM
KFC

If we can trade up and get malkin i would definatly take tukonen with the 6 but if our top pick is gonna be 6 then i would rather take the riskier radulov, because i think he has a higher potential then tukkonen and i'd rather see the rangers take a risk with this pick beause we already have depth in our system

Old
05-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC
If we can trade up and get malkin i would definatly take tukonen with the 6 but if our top pick is gonna be 6 then i would rather take the riskier radulov, because i think he has a higher potential then tukkonen and i'd rather see the rangers take a risk with this pick beause we already have depth in our system
I WANT OLESZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Old
05-26-2004, 08:14 PM
KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby
I WANT OLESZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
why is that? he had a bad year statistically and while i realize you can't base everything off stats, if he hasn't put up dominant statistics in the czech league then that gives me no reason to assume he will do it in the nhl thats why i'd rather take radulov because hes proven he can play and produce at a high level

i think olesz may end up being a fine player but i think everyone is overrating him

Old
05-26-2004, 08:36 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC
why is that? he had a bad year statistically and while i realize you can't base everything off stats, if he hasn't put up dominant statistics in the czech league then that gives me no reason to assume he will do it in the nhl thats why i'd rather take radulov because hes proven he can play and produce at a high level

i think olesz may end up being a fine player but i think everyone is overrating him
I want him because I think he has the potential to score 70-80 points in the NHL, and win the Selke. Olesz was a 4th-liner in the Republic, and didn't get alot of ice time. Olesz, when playing against kids his own age, played great. Check out his stats at the World Juniors. Just ask if you want to know more reasons on why I want to pick him.

Old
05-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
I want him because I think he has the potential to score 70-80 points in the NHL, and win the Selke. Olesz was a 4th-liner in the Republic, and didn't get alot of ice time. Olesz, when playing against kids his own age, played great. Check out his stats at the World Juniors. Just ask if you want to know more reasons on why I want to pick him.

Wasn't he a 3rd line center?

Old
05-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Wasn't he a 3rd line center?
He split time between the 3rd and 4th lines.

Old
05-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
He split time between the 3rd and 4th lines.
Someone has been doing their research

Old
05-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Wasn't he a 3rd/4th line center in a men's league, while Radulov was in a lower-level league? That's my impression. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
05-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Wasn't he a 3rd/4th line center in a men's league, while Radulov was in a lower-level league? That's my impression. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes Radulov played only 1 game in the super league.

Old
05-27-2004, 01:49 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Interesting, all around... can anyone update me on the team's interest of Ladd, Olesz, Schremp, Thelen or Radulov?

I'd like everyone's opinion: who sincerely believes we will trade up... at all? Why? How?

Old
05-27-2004, 02:06 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Interesting, all around... can anyone update me on the team's interest of Ladd, Olesz, Schremp, Thelen or Radulov?
Given the Ranger track record under Sather of not touching problem kids (wether percieved or at actual) I think that there's no chance of Radulov being taken at # 6. If it were up to me, these are the choices for our pick (in order of availability, and given that there is no chance of Ovechkin or Malkin being there at #6):
1. Barker
2. Olesz
3. Ladd
4. Thelen
If I had to pick someone next, it would probably be Schremp, based on pure ability & high ceiling, but I would hope that if all others are taken, that Sather would pick Thelen ahead of what would be leftover.

Old
05-27-2004, 03:23 PM
kazo

I don't know much about Tukonen. The stats I've seen are not all that impressive so I was wondering why so many people are so high on him.

Old
05-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Someone has been doing their research
Yup! I spend alot of time doing research. It's alot of fun.

Old
05-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
I don't know much about Tukonen. The stats I've seen are not all that impressive so I was wondering why so many people are so high on him.
I think his stats are very impressive, and as a 17 year old he already played 35 games in the elite league playing against men.

in Finnish juniors he had 14 goals and 9 assists in 14 games. And in U18 WJC he had 5 goals 6 assists in 6 games

Closed Thread