Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Sabreality

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
Guess who got put on Waivers? Tim Kennedy.
yeah, i'm pretty perplexed and cant believe Regier and Co. would do this only out of spite or bad vibes created in the arbitration process..is he worth $1m? probably not, but to waive him over 150k or so? i'm thinking they have to have a UFA or trade lined up..if not...typical Golisano saving a few bucks.

he's undersized, but is tenacious down low, upside similar to Ladd's style of play ...would he be a better option over Machecek or Pettersson for cheap??

Old
08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

vCash: 500
With the departure of White, I have tweaked my predicted opening night lines:

Bergfors-Antropov-Little
Kane-Peverley-Byfuglien
Ladd-Cormier-Eager
Boulton-Slater-Thorburn
Machacek

Enstrom-Bogosian
Hainsey-Oduya
Kulda-Sopel
Valabik IR

Mason
Pavelec

I've re-united the greek gods and promoted Eager to 3rd line. I think Eager does have the talent to be an effective 3rd liner and he did pot 10 goals a season ago so he has some skill. He, Boulton and 13th forward Machacek are likely to rotate in each spot through the season.

Old
08-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

some interesting ex-thrashers and such that are still ufa.

Artyukhin, Evgeny » 27 ATL
Afinogenov, Maxim » 30 ATL
Lisin, Enver » 24 NYR
O'Sullivan, Patrick » 25 PHO
Stempniak, Lee » 27 PHO
Kariya, Paul » 35 STL

Schubert, Christoph » 28 ATL
Johnsson, Kim » 34 CHI
Hnidy, Shane » 34 MIN
Bergeron, M-A 29 MTL
Exelby, Garnet » 28 TOR

Niemi, Antti » 26 CHI
Emery, Ray » 27 PHI

Old
08-03-2010, 01:22 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Artyukhin I wouldn't mind back. Same for Afinogenov.

To steal an ASF quote, Lisin is a scrub.

O'Sullivan is an interesting case. If he's not expecting much, he could get a spot here over Afinogenov, because both are capable of scoring 20+ gs. Not to mention he's only 25.

I don't like Stempniak for reasons I stated in the previous thread.

Kariya would have to sign for cheap, but I would be indifferent about him.

I wouldn't mind Schubert back, as he's a decent bottom pairing guy and if for some reason Kulda falls out of favor, he could easily play with sopel.
I wouldn't mind Exelby back, but I like him in general.

Everyone else is a meh.

Old
08-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
O'Sullivan is an interesting case. If he's not expecting much, he could get a spot here over Afinogenov, because both are capable of scoring 20+ gs. Not to mention he's only 25.
i agree with most of your post especially, this...Patty O is an intriguing case indeed, getting out of Edmonton will do wonders for him imo, i'd love to take the chance on him right now, he'd come cheap and is still 'young' throw another mid 20's top 9er with top 6 potential into the mix..and he'd provide center depth in case Pevs/Slater falter..Cormier isnt ready.

Old
08-03-2010, 02:40 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

No FA available I want besides Max and Niemi(won't happen).

I like the idea of keeping Brashear which I believe Dudley may do but he will only play like 10 games or so therefore we could sign Max and put him in top 6 and just move everyone else down a spot and rotate with 3 healthy scratches like we did last year but only this time with a fighter and a depth guy.

Bergfors-Antropov-Afinogenov
Ladd-Peverley-Byfuglien
Kane-Slater-Little
Eager-Cormier-Thorburn
Boulton
Petterson
Brashear

am I forgetting anyone else?

What a line up especially top 9!!!! top 12 is solid!!! Love it.

Eager and Thorburn rotate with Bolts and Brash and like Petterson comes in when guys need a rest (hopefully guys aren't getting rest this year) If Kane or anyone in the top 9 can't play a full 82 games season with no rest, something is wrong.

If can't get Max I'd take a look at Tim Kennedy. And it's not guaranteed Cormier makes team yet. Plus someone else not mentioned could make it over him so who knows about that last spot.

Last edited by John Cena*: 08-03-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old
08-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Lux Aurumque*

I'm really hoping that Dudley manages to re-sign Afinogenov for two more years. I wanted to pick up his jersey last year, but knowing he was a UFA, I held off. If he doesn't get re-signed, I guess I could settle for Ladd, who I've liked ever since Carolina's Cup in '06.

Old
08-03-2010, 03:09 PM
W Jets fan

When are they going to sign Bergs and Little?

Old
08-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever View Post
When are they going to sign Bergs and Little?
Why are you yelling?

LoL. A lot of RFA's around the league have yet to re-sign. It's not just Bergie and Little yet. Most GM's are waiting to see what players are awarded in arbitration hearings before making offers.

Old
08-05-2010, 09:29 PM
AintLifeGrand

alright y'all, bear with me for a minute now, this Zubarev thing has my mental gears going, and I think a trade could soon be coming. Consider if Zubarev proves in camp to be NHL ready and capable of playing a solid NHL role, this could possibly open up one of Kulda or Postma to a potential trade for some extra offense. Or maybe we can find a way to swap Hainsey or Oduya for a Top 6 fwd??

What do y'all think.

Old
08-05-2010, 09:56 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
alright y'all, bear with me for a minute now, this Zubarev thing has my mental gears going, and I think a trade could soon be coming. Consider if Zubarev proves in camp to be NHL ready and capable of playing a solid NHL role, this could possibly open up one of Kulda or Postma to a potential trade for some extra offense. Or maybe we can find a way to swap Hainsey or Oduya for a Top 6 fwd??

What do y'all think.
Zubarev is likely no further along in development then Kulda is, so that woild be a lateral move. Moving Hainsey wouldn't be bad but Oduya is another story. I think his play is worth more and moving him would not be a good idea.

But if you move Hainsey or Oduya that means someone is going to get more ice time then initially thought like Kulda and that might be a bad idea. Plus making a move to improve our offense at the expense of our defense is not a good idea.

I think there is a good chance we don't bring Max back or someone else in for our top 6. Dudley mentioned that Byfuglien would get more ice time this year. He can't get that ice time if Max or someone else takes that spot. I think Dudley is pretty serious about giving younger guys chances going forward. Notice how all of the older players have been traded or not re-signed.(except Boulton)

Old
08-05-2010, 10:24 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Well Zubarev should be a little further along than Kulda, he was drafted 1 year earlier and has several more years of pro experience than him.

While I doubt we will move a player before the season starts to make room for him on the roster, I would not be that surprised to see us trade a guy like Hainsey later in the season to make room for him.

Old
08-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

obviously since these are the guys whose names i copied i like them all, but a little more insight into my opinion on them (cause ya know, i'm awesome like that so ya'll are just dying to know my opinion)

Artyukhin, Evgeny » 27 ATL-unlike most people i've never seen any problem with his game other than inconsistency. i know we have a ton of bottom 6ers but he'd be a solid pickup imo
Afinogenov, Maxim » 30 ATL-we need a top 6 winger. he's got chemistry with the players here. what more needs to be said
Lisin, Enver » 24 NYR-dunno why but i've always had a soft spot for him. i still feel like he could carve out a career given the right situation but we may not be it
O'Sullivan, Patrick » 25 PHO-if we could get him for a low price it would be worth the gamble if he can come into his own as a top 6 player, seeing as we need a top 6 player.
Stempniak, Lee » 27 PHO-wouldn't quite as much be excited about him as other options
Kariya, Paul » 35 STL-i know we're sick of signing vets but once again, the whole top six winger thing.

Schubert, Christoph » 28 ATL-he was solid last year till he got hurt. i'd like to give him another go as a 7th d-man
Johnsson, Kim » 34 CHI-not a sexy pick but could be useful
Hnidy, Shane » 34 MIN-who doesn't like hnidy? maybe capture some good feelings from our playoff team
Bergeron, M-A 29 MTL-never know if he could be helpful or not
Exelby, Garnet » 28 TOR-i know a lot of people have bad juju with the guy but he could be useful as a 7th d-man until valabik comes back

Niemi, Antti » 26 CHI-solid, bit overrated because of the whole cup thing, but i guess we don't really need a goalie anyway
Emery, Ray » 27 PHI-see above except switch overrated to underrated because of image

Old
08-05-2010, 10:46 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Well Zubarev should be a little further along than Kulda, he was drafted 1 year earlier and has several more years of pro experience than him.

While I doubt we will move a player before the season starts to make room for him on the roster, I would not be that surprised to see us trade a guy like Hainsey later in the season to make room for him.
Zubarev did fairly well in the KHL last season, but Kulda has absolutely mastered the AHL level. I'd be very shocked if Zuby was further along, and will almost certainly start the year with the Wolves.

Old
08-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Zubarev did fairly well in the KHL last season, but Kulda has absolutely mastered the AHL level. I'd be very shocked if Zuby was further along, and will almost certainly start the year with the Wolves.
i agree, but it's nice to have him under contract. he could easily be a top 4 d-man for us and soon

our d depth is getting ridiculous

enstrom, bogosian, hainsey, oduya, sopel, kulda, zubarev, and byfuglien if needed all probably able to play in the nhl this season. postma could be an outside shot too. crazy how just a year ago this was our worst position.

Old
08-06-2010, 01:05 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post

What do y'all think.
No. Kulda goes no where in my books. I could care less about Postma though. But there is nothing to trade for we are set. This isn't NHL 10.

Old
08-06-2010, 01:07 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Give us Afinogenov and I'll be happy. We don't need anyone else. Our team is set right now regardless of if Burm makes the team which he probably won't anyway I wouldn't want him rushed I'd rather see Cormier get 4th line C or 3rd line. Hopefully Thorblow is ridded next season and Klingberg replaces him then. I don't see how Mahacek ever makes this team. Maybe when Bolts and Thors eventually both go.

Old
08-06-2010, 06:15 AM
Mayorov

Send a message via ICQ to Mayorov
Afinogenov will sign with KHL team SKA St. Petersburg within next couple days.
Player and club already agreed upon 5-6-yras contract.

Old
08-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayorov View Post
Afinogenov will sign with KHL team SKA St. Petersburg within next couple days.
Player and club already agreed upon 5-6-yras contract.
Gosh darn it.

http://www.lifesports.ru/news/33776
Striker Maxim Afinogenov returned to Russia after years of career in the NHL. Mad Max has signed a contract with the Petersburg SKA on the This was announced today that the President of the KHL and the Army club, Alexander Medvedev, during the presentation of other stellar newbies - Nabokov and Grebeshkov.

Maxim - a wonderful striker, who has long proved itself, - said Medvedev. - I am glad that another ice hockey team Russia will act in the CHL. The more players in our league, the better.

After the end of the contract Atlanta refused to raise wages Afinogenov, despite the fact that the season for it came out successful. As before, the contract Maxim earned nearly a million dollars a year, but refused to raise interest rates not only Atlanta, but other clubs NHL. According to the Life Sports, CCA will pay an attacker to about 2,5 million dollars per season. Apparently, this was the main motivation of love for his homeland.

Old
08-06-2010, 07:56 AM
NJDEVIL

devils fan here, how do you guys like Bergfors? only saw highlights with you guys, but the post trade sounded successful for you guys? i see some of you have Cormier slated to start this year, is that near official?

Old
08-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
devils fan here, how do you guys like Bergfors? only saw highlights with you guys, but the post trade sounded successful for you guys? i see some of you have Cormier slated to start this year, is that near official?
I think we all here like him and persolly see as one of those guys who has potential to be a 30+ goal scorer next season. Bergfors also had pretty good chemistry with Antopov and Little post-Kovy. Well after the trade we were at a point per game pace and were doing decent. We have traded Reasoner and White in the offseason so it seems like he will likely be one of the two bottom centers.

Old
08-06-2010, 11:22 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

welp , there goes Afinogenov.

Old
08-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
if he doesn't pull a little he'll probably be our best forward next year, serious.

as for cormier, we have a ton of bottom 6 depth but most of it is on the wings. we either use him or switch thorburn back to center. that added in with the fact that dudley has some serious man crushage on the guy works in his favor.

Old
08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Sabreality

thanks for the effort Max, good luck in the K...i'm just glad i'm finally free from having to watch you play 'hockey'

Dudley knows what he's doing

Old
08-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

He wanted a 5 year deal? Wow.

In Soviet Russia, hockey plays you!

Closed Thread