Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Sabreality

vCash: 500
so i think signing Tim Kennedy is a no-brainer...not a bad rookie year in primarily bottom 6 time (10g 16a 78gms). He'd be another flexible winger thats capable of playing all 3 forward spots, good hands, speed and despite his size, is very good down low...he's also a gnat that plays a pretty tenacious game (one example is him goading Vinny into a spear/game misconduct in a 1st period)...that game could flourish even more here now that he'd have more protection/size around him, whether its Ladd, Eager, Buff or Cormier, Thor or Bolts or even Kane & Bogo, its more than Buffalo had to offer.

I think his ceiling offensively is similar to what Ladd is doing now, he finished the year playing with Roy-Vanek, which was Buffalos top line going into the playoffs/game 1 until Vanek got hurt, but played mostly with Gaustad-Grier/Kaleta in a shutdown/energy role so he's not gonna hurt you defensively..can play center too, providing roster depth without needing a call-up.

Pettersson gets to adapt to the NA game in Chicago and Machecek would be in the pressbox/earn a call up

sorry for the book, but most importantly he'd likely come cheap, Sabres are paying him $167k each of the next 2 years, so he could probably be had for $650k.

whats the risk?

Old
08-09-2010, 01:20 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Thought this was interesting. From part 3 of that Fanhouse interview with Duds:

Quote:
After a flurry of activity over the last six months that included a pair of blockbuster trades, general manager Rick Dudley is still not done with his overhaul of the Atlanta Thrashers. Depending on what position his coaching staff determines as the best fit for Dustin Byfuglien, Dudley would like to add a forward or defenseman to his talented lineup.

"If Dustin is going to primarily be a defenseman for us, then we're set at that position," Dudley told NHL FanHouse. "If he stays at forward, I would look at adding another defenseman."
Quote:
Up front, the Thrashers could use a 20-goal scorer to make up for the loss of Maxim Afinogenov, who had 24 goals and 61 points in his NHL career rejuvenation season with Atlanta before bolting last week for a lucrative five-year deal in the KHL. In talking with Dudley during the days before the Russian's departure, it appeared the Thrashers were prepared to Afinogenov go and had long given up negotiating with him.
http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/09/r...huk-era/#cntnt

Old
08-09-2010, 01:42 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

would we still have Buff as a PP forward?

I would be surprised if he was a d-man let alone full time.

Old
08-12-2010, 01:45 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

the trade proposal forum involving Thrashers players has been completely awful recently. Talbot for Cormier lollllll

Old
08-12-2010, 05:35 PM
drkoma

Afinogenov sign 5y in russia

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/304257.html

Hi, the russian rocket has signed in RUssia...

He has great time in atlanta..sad to see him go !

It is now official, Maxim Afinogenov will pursue his career(quarry) in the KHL.

After a week of speculations, the Russian aggressor indicated on Thursday that he had signed a contract of duration of about five years with the training(formation) SKA Saint-Petersburg, keepingin head a possible participation for the Olympics of Sochi.

30-year-old, Afinogenov played nine seasons with the Sabres of Buffalo before signing in 2009-2010 a contract of one year with Thrashers of Atlanta.

During the last campaign, he marked 24 goal and collected 61 points in 82 matches.

Old
08-12-2010, 06:32 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

old news

Old
08-12-2010, 09:14 PM
AintLifeGrand

Pavel Brendl- Want

Old
08-12-2010, 09:19 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Pavel Brendl- Want
lol Good post. Quick to point.

Old
08-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Pavel Brendl- Want
lol..keep him away from krispy kreme and maybe

Old
08-13-2010, 09:49 AM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Pavel Brendl- Want
Are you suggesting that the Thrashes should have picked Brendl over Stefan in 99?

Old
08-13-2010, 10:00 AM
AtlSioux

Any word on Andrei Zuburov?

Old
08-13-2010, 10:05 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlSioux View Post
Any word on Andrei Zuburov?
I was thinking the same thing. Can someone send Dmitry Chesnokov a twitter question about this? I don't have an account.

Old
08-13-2010, 10:42 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

Make the offseason end already ):

Old
08-13-2010, 11:08 AM
KevFist
is best pony

I'm currently LOLing over the Leafs fans over on the trade board saying they got the better end of the Kubina/Exelby trade....

Old
08-13-2010, 11:27 AM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
I'm currently LOLing over the Leafs fans over on the trade board saying they got the better end of the Kubina/Exelby trade....

Haven't checked it out but I don't think thats too much of a stretch. Neither team has the primary asset remaining in their organization, the Leafs used their cash savings to sign a player long term, and they may have Colin Stuart remaining in their org as far as I know. The Thrashers have nothing left from the swap.

Old
08-13-2010, 02:12 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
Haven't checked it out but I don't think thats too much of a stretch. Neither team has the primary asset remaining in their organization, the Leafs used their cash savings to sign a player long term, and they may have Colin Stuart remaining in their org as far as I know. The Thrashers have nothing left from the swap.
Maybe if the Leafs had kept Kubina, they could justify the Kessel trade.

Old
08-13-2010, 02:20 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
Colin Stuart got traded to Calgary, where he spent the year with Abbotsford. We still have Tim Stapleton in Chicago. But come on! Even if the assets aren't still with the org, one year of Kubina>one year of Exelby.....

Old
08-13-2010, 02:54 PM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
Colin Stuart got traded to Calgary, where he spent the year with Abbotsford. We still have Tim Stapleton in Chicago. But come on! Even if the assets aren't still with the org, one year of Kubina>one year of Exelby.....

okay. But is that really a "lol"? Neither team made the playoffs. its not like Kubina made us a super power or anything. Is Kubes better than Exelby? Absolutely. Is he better than Exelby+Komisarek? Dunno.

Old
08-13-2010, 03:03 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Nevermind.

Old
08-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Colin Stuart got waived shortly after the trade and was claimed by Calgary. Stapleton is a UFA, Dudley never re-signed him. So yes, nobody won the trade.

Old
08-19-2010, 02:03 AM
toph2o

Okay I was reading an article on ESPN about best remaining UFAs and came across this, that made me go "hrmmm"...

Quote:
Bill Guerin, RW
Two seasons ago, Guerin went to Pittsburgh to help the Penguins win a Cup. Now, the club is ready to go in a different direction. Guerin, who'll turn 40 in November, is eager to play another season. He has been a consistent 20-goal man over the past few seasons. He also brings veteran leadership to any dressing room in the league. For me, Guerin fits best on a good young team that needs someone to help it get to the next level.
Now, I realize his offensive output wouldn't be nearly as exciting as some other names you could plug in there, but he's been consistent not just in goals (36, 23, 21, 21) but in points the last 4 years (56, 44, 48, 45) and has good size (6'2", 220) and leadership, and could be a nice addition at RW. Thoughts?

Old
08-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph2o View Post
Okay I was reading an article on ESPN about best remaining UFAs and came across this, that made me go "hrmmm"...

Now, I realize his offensive output wouldn't be nearly as exciting as some other names you could plug in there, but he's been consistent not just in goals (36, 23, 21, 21) but in points the last 4 years (56, 44, 48, 45) and has good size (6'2", 220) and leadership, and could be a nice addition at RW. Thoughts?
I would say no. I think the team is past the point of needing to bring in forwards on the wrong side of 35. The organization has done it in the past but I don't think they'll do it again. I think they are determined to get younger, not older.

That said I also think the team is set at RW for the season with Little, Buff, Thor, Machacek, Pettersson, etc.

Old
08-19-2010, 08:16 AM
The Sneak

I love the idea of Bill Guerin. He's a quality guy on and off the ice. He's still productive but he's going to be 40 this fall. That scares the crap out of me. I just fear that when his train stops its going to stop on a dime.

I'd love to have him in this market. He's funny, media friendly, and of course he's been a producer for nearly 20 years in the league.

Wonder if he'd accept an invitation to camp if no one scoops him up through the 2nd week of September?

Old
08-19-2010, 11:45 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

File this under speculation. Ben:

Quote:
Hearing a lot of good things around the office today, none of which I can share yet.
We'll see....

Old
08-19-2010, 11:54 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Bergie and Little under contract?

Who is out there other than Mitchell that could make that kind of splash?(other than Ilya)

Closed Thread