HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CSN Philadelphia Loophole Closed: talks begin -->

Old
08-12-2010, 01:35 PM
agrudez*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromemaro View Post
with FIOS i had the nhl network. Does anyone know if comcast gets the nhl network for free as well?

(and by free I mean included with the general cable package)
I had to complain to get it on mine (FIOS), ******** gave me the NBA network, do I look like I watch the NBA?!

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 01:46 PM
JSTAFF

I have to call Comcast before Sunday and get NFL Network for free again. Thanks for reminding me.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I have to call Comcast before Sunday and get NFL Network for free again. Thanks for reminding me.
Really? Thought they'd moved it to the free sector?

I get it for free, and I don't really ever watch it. (Maybe when the game is on there, but even then I'm usually not paying too much attention in the middle of the week.)

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 02:01 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Really? Thought they'd moved it to the free sector?

I get it for free, and I don't really ever watch it. (Maybe when the game is on there, but even then I'm usually not paying too much attention in the middle of the week.)
I think its different depending on your area. When I live in Montgomery County I got NFL Network for free. Now I live in Center City and I don't get it for free unless I call and *****.

Old
08-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Jester

Quote:
I think its different depending on your area. When I live in Montgomery County I got NFL Network for free. Now I live in Center City and I don't get it for free unless I call and *****.
I'm in Center City, so we should be the same... is it not there for you right now? I think this happened last year that I started getting it for free (because I hadn't before).

Old
08-12-2010, 02:20 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
I'm in Center City, so we should be the same... is it not there for you right now? I think this happened last year that I started getting it for free (because I hadn't before).
Hmmm to be honest I haven't checked since last season....I'll check when I get home and let you know.

Old
08-13-2010, 08:55 AM
JSTAFF

Jester, checked my NFL network last night in HD. "Not Authorized"

Old
08-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Jester

Quote:
Jester, checked my NFL network last night in HD. "Not Authorized"
Screwed by the man, dude.

Old
08-13-2010, 09:07 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Screwed by the man, dude.
If you have it for free and your in center city it'll be alot easier to get than I thought by *****ing. I mean we have 5 boxes in our house, HBO, Showtime, the works.

Old
08-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Jester

Quote:
If you have it for free and your in center city it'll be alot easier to get than I thought by *****ing. I mean we have 5 boxes in our house, HBO, Showtime, the works.
Yeah, don't have the sports package, but get it. Do you get NHL Network?

I mean, this was a big battle for a while between the carriers and the NFL... figured the carriers had won and NFL had lowered their price to get it on a lower tier. I wish I got FSC... but alas.

Old
08-13-2010, 09:13 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Yeah, don't have the sports package, but get it. Do you get NHL Network?

I mean, this was a big battle for a while between the carriers and the NFL... figured the carriers had won and NFL had lowered their price to get it on a lower tier. I wish I got FSC... but alas.
No NHL Network either. I used to get FSC, NHL Network, and NFL Network for free in Montco and at my old place in philadelphia (temple)

Old
08-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Jester

Quote:
No NHL Network either. I used to get FSC, NHL Network, and NFL Network for free in Montco and at my old place in philadelphia (temple)
Check to see if you get the NHL network in HD (858). I get the HD channel, but don't get the SD broadcast (bizarre, I know).

It's definitely odd that I'd get this stuff and you wouldn't if we're both in Center City. I also did nothing to get this. Signed up for this service 3 years ago now. Just started getting a lot of this last fall (NFL) and noticed that I got NHL Net. when the 800 channels showed up.

Old
08-13-2010, 09:20 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Check to see if you get the NHL network in HD (858). I get the HD channel, but don't get the SD broadcast (bizarre, I know).

It's definitely odd that I'd get this stuff and you wouldn't if we're both in Center City. I also did nothing to get this. Signed up for this service 3 years ago now. Just started getting a lot of this last fall (NFL) and noticed that I got NHL Net. when the 800 channels showed up.
I'll try it when I get home from work. I checked the NFL Network in the 800s and it didnt so the chances are pretty slim I'm assuming. Broncos are live on NFLN on Sunday so it must be before then.

Old
08-17-2010, 07:56 AM
i am dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
On FIOS I get CSN, CSNHD, Versus, VersusHD, MYPHL, MYPHLHD and CN8. Never miss a Phils or Flyers game and only have to deal with about 30 games (between the two teams) a year not in HD.
Fair enough. She's not a brat like I am, so she doesn't pay for the HD channels, so I wasn't sure. I still don't like the channel lineup, and I still like Comcast's interface waaaaaaaay better.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 04:45 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Not that I'm dying to see Jester and Bernie go back and forth again, but does anyone have an update on this??

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Not that I'm dying to see Jester and Bernie go back and forth again, but does anyone have an update on this??
Sadly, no. www.satelliteguys.us often has a thread with people asking the same. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those things that when it happens, there will be little to no public information about it.

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 07:09 PM
MountainHawk

I think there is a private mediation process that it goes through, so we'll hear nothing until there is a deal.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Street View Post
Sadly, no. www.satelliteguys.us often has a thread with people asking the same. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those things that when it happens, there will be little to no public information about it.
Nah, DirecTV will be trumpeting it. Huge deal for them economically as far as competing with Comcast in Philly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
I think there is a private mediation process that it goes through, so we'll hear nothing until there is a deal.
I believe that Comcast essentially caved on it as part of the NBC negotiations, but when that actually translates to the other side of the process is anyone's guess.

Old
03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
DenverBoone

OT, but I rarely get the home feed on Center Ice out here in Denver. I assume it's because Directv loathes Comcast?

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:04 PM
MountainHawk

Quote:
Nah, DirecTV will be trumpeting it. Huge deal for them economically as far as competing with Comcast in Philly.

I believe that Comcast essentially caved on it as part of the NBC negotiations, but when that actually translates to the other side of the process is anyone's guess.
Yeah, but I think the caving was agreeing to go to mediation. I have no idea if it's binding, but I think that over the summer, the mediator will come up with a price.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
OT, but I rarely get the home feed on Center Ice out here in Denver. I assume it's because Directv loathes Comcast?
Has nothing to do with DirecTV. Comcast does not generally release a satellite feed of Flyers games, so Center Ice doesn't have something to grab usually.

Old
05-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/02/...-its-backyard/

Under the terms of the recently approved takeover of NBC Universal, the world's largest cable company is required to make Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia channel, whose programing includes games from the Philadelphia Phillies, Flyers and 76ers as well as college teams and sports talk shows, available to satellite companies, along with its other regional sports networks.

For years, the Philadelphia-based company had refused to do so, arguing that FCC rules did not require it because unlike most cable channels, Comcast SportsNet is broadcast using terrestrial -- not satellite -- equipment. This has meant local sports fans have had little choice but to be Comcast customers or miss watching many of their favorite teams on TV.

"Sooner Rather Than Later"

frickin' FINALLY !!

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:55 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/02/...-its-backyard/

Under the terms of the recently approved takeover of NBC Universal, the world's largest cable company is required to make Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia channel, whose programing includes games from the Philadelphia Phillies, Flyers and 76ers as well as college teams and sports talk shows, available to satellite companies, along with its other regional sports networks.

For years, the Philadelphia-based company had refused to do so, arguing that FCC rules did not require it because unlike most cable channels, Comcast SportsNet is broadcast using terrestrial -- not satellite -- equipment. This has meant local sports fans have had little choice but to be Comcast customers or miss watching many of their favorite teams on TV.

"Sooner Rather Than Later"

frickin' FINALLY !!
Good! more ammunition/leverage to recoup some of the "tribute" back from them when my current deal comes up for renewal. Got the ole "retention" office number on my speed dial readyl......

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 01:11 AM
FlyerGuy18

watch with what you upload on youtube now. got my youtube channel terminated with claims by the 'Comcast Sports Group'

FlyerGuy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

That's great. Wonder when we'll ACTUALLY get the channel. Now it's up to Directv to actually carry the channel.

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote