HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

mike komy(komisarek)

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2004, 11:29 AM
neg marron

vCash: 500
mike komy(komisarek)

is he a lock for making the club next year especially if he has a solid camp
or does he need some seasoning in hamilton

Old
05-26-2004, 11:31 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by neg marron
I don't think he'll ever go back.

Old
05-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
He's a lock. Gainey gave him a choice to return to Hamilton for the playoffs or take his summer off for training because he thought Komi had done enough to make the club starting next year.

Old
05-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Rahan

Quote:
He's a lock, having played in the playoffs and everything he now has some experience under his belt, and they're gonna look forward to give him a bigger role. He won't be the go-to defenseman but will probably take Quintal's spot or something like that. He can't be sent down to Hamilton next year without going through waivers(I think), and I don't think he will have to do so.
Komisarek is slowly becoming the guy scouts believe he could become, and thaaaaaaaat is just great.

Old
05-26-2004, 11:34 AM
E = CH²

Just look at the last game the habs played. Komisarek was getting his ice time while Quintal (ready to go) was sitting in the stands. Komisarek would have been fighting with Q-ball for a spot but now that Quintal has gone out and admitted he'd not accept being a 7th dman chances are slim we see him back. I think Komisarek will play regularly with the habs next season.

But then again I thought the same thing last season and he was still sent down. Let's just hope he works hard this summer and is better prepared than he was last season.

Old
05-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Hes a full time nhl player now.

Oh yeah!

Old
05-26-2004, 11:47 AM
HabsoluteFate

One defenceman i'm worried about is Hainsey..
3 years ago in the rookie tournament Hainsey was the most dominant player of any team
2 years ago in the rookie tournament Komisarek did not come close to standing out as much (Spezza was my choice that year)
last year...Chris Higgins was the standout in my opinion...

I have to say Hainsey has taken a few steps back and Komisarek with a much better attitude is now a full time NHLer in my books

Old
05-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Perfect_Gravity

This is a little off topic, but what do you guys think Komi will become in the future. Will he become a offensive defenseman or just a good defensive one. I know that defencemen take a long time to develop, especially the scoring part, but I just wanted to know what people here thought about his future potential.

Old
05-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Gravity
This is a little off topic, but what do you guys think Komi will become in the future. Will he become a offensive defenseman or just a good defensive one. I know that defencemen take a long time to develop, especially the scoring part, but I just wanted to know what people here thought about his future potential.
I don't see Komi becoming a Norris trophy winning dman in the future, but I see him developing into a solid defensive defenceman who opposing players don't like playing against.

Old
05-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
I actually see some offensive potential in his game too.

Only thing I'm worried about is that Komisarek might get benched a lot this season. That's not good for his development but I guess since he's done well in the AHL, no point in sending him back there.

I'm not worried about Hainsey. He'll definatly come around. Just taking his time and there's no rush.

Old
05-26-2004, 12:32 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I don't see Komi becoming a Norris trophy winning dman in the future, but I see him developing into a solid defensive defenceman who opposing players don't like playing against.
I dissagree with you. At this point, no one can predict what kind of path he will follow. He could develop a lot as he could not develop much... Only time will tell if Komisarek becomes a top defencemen, a top 4 defencemen or a 5-6 defencemen...

Old
05-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
well it think people on the boards will agree with me when i say that komi has a great shot. he just doesn't use it enough. He can wrist the puck from the blueline and it would still be powerful i find. Aside from that, his shot looks good too. I find that as the playoffs went along, he started taking more shots which is great IMO. i'm not sure how he'll pan out in the end but just to say, that he can become eitehr a defensive dman or one with offensive potential as well.

Old
05-26-2004, 12:57 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2000
well it think people on the boards will agree with me when i say that komi has a great shot. he just doesn't use it enough. He can wrist the puck from the blueline and it would still be powerful i find. Aside from that, his shot looks good too. I find that as the playoffs went along, he started taking more shots which is great IMO. i'm not sure how he'll pan out in the end but just to say, that he can become eitehr a defensive dman or one with offensive potential as well.
He has a powerful wrist shot but if he can't get it on net it's useless...

Old
05-26-2004, 01:00 PM
hosehead

I see him becoming a real stopper, the guy who wins battles & makes opposition players pay for standing in front of the net (something thats been missing for a long time!!). He seemed in the playoffs to show little flashes of being a guy who'd like to try some things offensively -- I think he'll develop more of an offensive game as he learns the league & gets more experience.

Old
05-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Marksman

Komisarek will definitely be regular feature next season. He has already went from playing 21 games to playing 46 games plus 7 playoffs games. Some mistakes here and there, but what do you expect from rookie anyways? You never learn if you dont get to make those. He will be there with Hainsey Hossa and Plekanec.

He should become solid stay at home type first, then gradually learn how big man shoots puck on PP from Souray with much more power than wrister. He propably wont be quite as good two-way dman as Bouwmeester or Pitkänen, but certainly dominant physical defender. I'm thinking of mid-season Souray, but with better foot speed and stickhandling. I dont know, but Gainey might see some parallels with Derian Hatcher in Komisaurus.

Old
05-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Zednik

I think Komisarek will become a Mike Rathje type.... physic, but also have a good shot.

Old
05-26-2004, 01:46 PM
hockey_nut

there's no doubt he's making the roster... if he has a strong camp, he'll probably lead the 2nd defensive unit

the bubble is Hainsey... he needs a good camp to turn heads

Old
05-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
there's no doubt he's making the roster... if he has a strong camp, he'll probably lead the 2nd defensive unit

I believe Hainsey will be on 23 man roster regardless. Thing is he WILL be claimed by someone, if hes left exposed. He will split time with someone, either depth dman like Bouillon/Dykhuis or Beauchemin, fill in for injuries, watch games from the pressbox and most importantly practice with team. Much like Komisarek past season.

Old
05-26-2004, 06:37 PM
PJ Wiggum

Send a message via MSN to PJ Wiggum
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut

The thing is Hainsey has had a good camp the last three years and still hasn't suck with the big team. So I think he needs to perform in the real season as well. Kind of like Markov did.

Old
05-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Beakermania*

Komi's offensive game will come, give it time. He won't be an elite offensive dman with 50+ points; 35 - 40 pts/ year is possible in time. He can be a good second unit pp man when he learns to get his shot through.

Old
05-26-2004, 10:57 PM
db23

Komo will be the Habs top scoring defenceman within two years. He and Andrei Markov will be the best pairing in the league by the end of next season.

Komisarek has huge undeveloped potential, much more than Pitkanen or Bouwmeester. He will be a All Star without a doubt, and one of the most recognizable players in the game.

Old
05-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Komo will be the Habs top scoring defenceman within two years. He and Andrei Markov will be the best pairing in the league by the end of next season.

Komisarek has huge undeveloped potential, much more than Pitkanen or Bouwmeester. He will be a All Star without a doubt, and one of the most recognizable players in the game.
You are this high on Komi, but so low on Kats??

Is this sarcasm i detect??

Old
05-27-2004, 12:22 AM
Habs

Quote:
I think he's in, but not for every possible game. I also think he's the future captain of this club.

Old
05-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Marchy79

King Kom has landed in Montreal... And he will play the entire season (pray for no injury) in Montreal...

His upside??
He's gotta get the read of his offensive game down better, but his defensive game is rounding in to form (ask Joe Thronton how much he liked this kid in the first round)... He will be a leader on the team ( I completely agree) and has potential to be the franchise on defence (though he is in good 4 dog race with Hainsey, Souray, and Markov)... He complements Markov's game and I agree with the poster who stated they (markov and Komi) can potentially be a very sharp pairing... Not tops in the league (yet) but extremely solid. Komisarek just has to pull the trigger much quicker IMO... Once he gets his first goal that'll be a huge monkey off his back.

Old
05-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars
I dissagree with you. At this point, no one can predict what kind of path he will follow. He could develop a lot as he could not develop much... Only time will tell if Komisarek becomes a top defencemen, a top 4 defencemen or a 5-6 defencemen...
Agreed, only time will tell. Predicting players ceiling is a very inaccurate science...and I would love if he developed into a Norris trophy winner, so.....

I definatley won't put money on any prediction I make (well I've put money on quite a few when I think about it), but so far to me, Komi has shown that he has the tools to be a good defenseman on the defensive side, but has yet to show the other side. Again just my opinion, and you are definately right in saying it is something he might develop in time.

Closed Thread