HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc on the team 990 today 8:45

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2010, 07:25 AM
  #1
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!
 
didouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Louis Leblanc on the team 990 today 8:45

Louis will be interviewed by the guys from The Franchise at 8h45 AM!!!!!!

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 07:50 AM
  #2
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,570
vCash: 500
this guy parler good english

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 08:28 AM
  #3
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,654
vCash: 500
Yes, his English is quite good but he studied at Harvard so it was expected. Ill tell you one thing; he knows how to talk while sounding good but saying nothing. He will have no problems whatsoever with the media this one. But the guys interviewing him did most of the talking... very unprofessional.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 08:39 AM
  #4
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Too bad his hockey talent does equal his linguistic skills !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 08:55 AM
  #5
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Too bad his hockey talent does equal his linguistic skills !
How many times have you seen Leblanc play?

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 08:59 AM
  #6
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
nukka i don't wake up for free

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 09:31 AM
  #7
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
How many times have you seen Leblanc play?

I saw him at the last camp in Brossard...yawn ! Nothing special there !


Last edited by Majik1987: 08-01-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: flaming
PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 09:46 AM
  #8
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups
 
Metropolitsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I saw him at the last camp in Brossard...yawn ! Nothing special there !
So you saw him just once, in practice ?
and you are able to judge his hockey skill


Last edited by Majik1987: 08-01-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: qe
Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:02 AM
  #9
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,305
vCash: 500
Leblanc spoke near perfect English at his draft interview last year. I think it's more living in Kirkland than going to Harvard, but that probably helped. What exactly did he say?


Last edited by Majik1987: 08-01-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: qdp and response
InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:20 AM
  #10
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 10,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Leblanc spoke near perfect English at his draft interview last year. I think it's more living in Kirkland than going to Harvard, but that probably helped. What exactly did he say?
I just think he's a Francophone, so I don't judge, cause sometimes my French isn't as good as it should be.

But back on topic, what did he say in the interview? I'm guessing he just said he was excited to start his professional career and he was looking forward to play in Montreal, today as a Junior and eventually as a Canadien.


Last edited by Majik1987: 08-01-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: qe
Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:36 AM
  #11
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I saw him at the last camp in Brossard...yawn ! Nothing special there !
I'm not the one criticizing his hockey talent from just having seen him at camp.


Last edited by Majik1987: 08-01-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: qe and response
Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:41 AM
  #12
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
who the **** does an interview at 8:45 am! Some ppl are hungover u know...

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:44 AM
  #13
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I'm not the one criticizing his hockey talent from just having seen him at camp.
I am waiting for you to tell me where you saw this phenom ? Take a trip to Harvard ? Please you guys only listen to the oh so terrific french media. And yes, i can actually judge skill by watching a hockey player, during a hockey camp ! This is what i do, during the winter.


Last edited by Majik1987: 08-01-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: qe
PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:49 AM
  #14
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I am waiting for you to tell me where you saw this phenom ? Take a trip to Harvard ? Please you guys only listen to the oh so terrific french media.
I didn't. That's why I'm not criticizing him. Because...

Quote:
And yes, i can actually judge skill by watching a hockey player, during a hockey camp ! This is what i do, during the winter.
... I'm not stupid enough to believe I can assess a player just by watching him in a development camp. Especially when said player is precisely the kind of guy who shine in game situation and not in drills and practices. And especially when the people who DID seen him play a lot of games all agree on how much a complete player he is!

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:54 AM
  #15
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I didn't. That's why I'm not criticizing him. Because...



... I'm not stupid enough to believe I can assess a player just by watching him in a development camp. Especially when said player is precisely the kind of guy who shine in game situation and not in drills and practices. And especially when the people who DID seen him play a lot of games all agree on how much a complete player he is!
Time will tell GT, but my opinion is not the same as yours and others in here. At least you know how to be civil. The funny thing here at HF, as soon as someone has an opinion that is blatantly different then someone elses, you are considered an ass. Funny no ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:55 AM
  #16
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I saw him at the last camp in Brossard...yawn ! Nothing special there !
I saw him play midget AAA about 10 times. He's 10 times better than all the players who've originated from that league when he played. He killed the league. He would have been the Q's first choice overall if he would have accepted to come to the junior circuit instead. He's a solid talent. Punkin, the kid broke midget AAA records that were held by NHL superstars. And he did it on a lousy team with a lousy supporting cast. He MADE the LSL Lions that year. He WAS midget AAA. His presence filled up the stands in many arena. I can attest that in Gatineau, when he played the Intrepide, he filled up the joint more than once. He was THE attraction.


Last edited by Majik1987: 08-01-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: qe
deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 10:59 AM
  #17
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I am waiting for you to tell me where you saw this phenom ? Take a trip to Harvard ? Please you guys only listen to the oh so terrific french media. And yes, i can actually judge skill by watching a hockey player, during a hockey camp ! This is what i do, during the winter.
Great you saw him once at a developmental camp. I guess he won't be anything more than a 4th liner. Move along everyone.

Its amazing how much people think they know about a player by only watching him practice. In a rookie camp to boot no less. I'll wait to see him in some live game action before judging him thanks.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:08 AM
  #18
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I saw him at the last camp in Brossard...yawn ! Nothing special there !
Good thing your not a scout.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:09 AM
  #19
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
Great you saw him once at a developmental camp. I guess he won't be anything more than a 4th liner. Move along everyone.

Its amazing how much people think they know about a player by only watching him practice. In a rookie camp to boot no less. I'll wait to see him in some live game action before judging him thanks.
Ummm you already have no ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:12 AM
  #20
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I saw him play midget AAA about 10 times. He's 10 times better than all the players who've originated from that league when he played. He killed the league. He would have been the Q's first choice overall if he would have accepted to come to the junior circuit instead. He's a solid talent. Punkin, the kid broke midget AAA records that were held by NHL superstars. And he did it on a lousy team with a lousy supporting cast. He MADE the LSL Lions that year. He WAS midget AAA. His presence filled up the stands in many arena. I can attest that in Gatineau, when he played the Intrepide, he filled up the joint more than once. He was THE attraction.
Yes, i know this and you are right in midget AAA he was the man, no doubt. I don't understand how a player who is suppose to be so dominant, had such lousy stats in what could be called an average Ivy league ? My opinion is way different then some of yours, thank goodness could you imagine how boring this planet would be if we all agreed on everything ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:14 AM
  #21
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
somebody should call in and ask him what's up with s club 7

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:14 AM
  #22
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Yes, i know this and you are right in midget AAA he was the man, no doubt. I don't understand how a player who is suppose to be so dominant, had such lousy stats in what could be called an average Ivy league ? My opinion is way different then some of yours, thank goodness could you imagine how boring this planet would be if we all agreed on everything ?
Even if the league is lousy, it doesn't mean he walked in and was put on the top line and had top PP time. He was a freshman on a team with sophomores, juniors and seniors. He had to learn the system, pay his dues and earn his time.

He averaged almost a point per game as a rookie in the USHL which rarely happens in that league.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:17 AM
  #23
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I saw him at the last camp in Brossard...yawn ! Nothing special there !
Considering you think Brock Trotter is good, no one should take anything you say seriously.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:25 AM
  #24
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Considering you think Brock Trotter is good, no one should take anything you say seriously.
He isn't? 36 goals, 77 points in 75 games is no good ? I wonder what Leblanc would do in Hamilton ? I would be willing to bet you that Leblanc couldn't have a season like that in the AHL at 22 !

And the only reason half of you are defending Leblanc is because of his last name. Most of you don't even have a clue who the guy is. So give it a rest.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:29 AM
  #25
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
He isn't? 36 goals, 77 points in 75 games is no good ? I wonder what Leblanc would do in Hamilton ? I would be willing to bet you that Leblanc couldn't have a season like that in the AHL at 22 !

And the only reason half of you are defending Leblanc is because of his last name. Most of you don't even have a clue who the guy is. So give it a rest.
Like I care what Leblanc's last name is.

GP: 69 G 50 A 53 -> Alexandre Giroux
GP: 76 G 31 A 54 -> Corey Locke

Guess, what ? Neither of these players are NHLers and chances are they never will amount to anything in the NHL.

I guess they're quite the great player, though ? D'oh, Montréal traded Locke away. Well, gee whiz, I guess the habs really messed up in dealing away a potential superstar in Corey Locke, eh ? Not to mention, Giroux was a UFA this year and we didn't sign him. Dang. How could we miss out on two studs like that.Oh well, we still have Brock Trotter, who will be a stud in the NHL. Right ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.