HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Games: Part 10

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
don't forget the $2 card packs to buy for the Ultimate Hockey Team part of the game.

And Rockband thought they were king of the pay-add on content.
I didn't even know they offered premium add-on content for sports games, I remember laughing at the mere idea of it when there was mentions of it years ago in EGM, but the game itself was supposed to drop in price as well. Since it's the same damned game over and over again, just make it 20 bucks, and then you can pay to add all the new features like Be a GM, this "UHT" you guys are talking about, other leagues, etc. But you knew then that would never happen, kids would still shell out 60 bucks a pop and then keep paying a dollar or two here and there for add ons.

At least with Rock Band, you're getting something for your money and you know why you're paying for it - royalties to the artists (not that I agree that 2 bucks a song or whatever is right either). I can't imagine paying money just to trick out my character, but there's people who make a living farming gold on WoW so there's a market obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post
Ultimate Team is the biggest scam ever.

Jumbo packs AND "Consumable" cards. Give me a break.

I've seen 88's in EASHL already and stacked Ultimate Teams at 90+ overall. As long as people keep buying the crap, EA will keep doing it.
Yep, kids with their parents' credit cards are a dangerous thing.

I'm really in the wrong line of work.

Closed Thread