HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Louis Leblanc (and Gallagher) at Canada WJHC Summer CAmp

Old
08-06-2010, 09:02 PM
BulldogFever

vCash: 500
Louis Leblanc (and Gallagher) at Canada WJHC Summer CAmp

So where are the haters now? He's making the team.

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Brock Trotter is better.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:06 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

it was only 2 goals so he's still a bust and his music is still terrible

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Terrible playlist,

louis

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Snowl

He also had the highest overall score on the fitness test. (Elliot finished 2nd and Seguin 3rd.)

Snowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:14 PM
the vinyl version

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...84/la_id/1.htm

Quote:
Louis Leblanc was crushed when he was cut from Canada's team for the IIHF World Junior Championship last year and it's clear he doesn't want that to happen again.

The Montreal Canadiens' 2009 first-round draft pick scored two goals and was dangerous on nearly every shift while leading Team White to a 6-3 victory over Team Red in an intra-squad game at the Canadian junior team development camp on Friday night.

the vinyl version is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:15 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=329761

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:16 PM
whitespy
Allllriiight

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
it was only 2 goals so he's still a bust and his music is still terrible
In his defense, it was changed twice on tsn. From 2, to 3, to 2...

The most interesting part, I thought, was:

"The Montreal Canadiens' 2009 first-round draft pick scored two goals and was dangerous on nearly every shift while leading Team White to a 6-3 victory over Team Red in an intra-squad game at the Canadian junior team development camp on Friday night."

whitespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:17 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowl View Post
He also had the highest overall score on the fitness test. (Elliot finished 2nd and Seguin 3rd.)
wow, i didn't think he was ahead of the others, thats awesome.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:30 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowl View Post
The kid obviously has something to prove, and by leaving Harvard and going to the Q and now this...he is wanting to make it.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:32 PM
TheBuriedHab

I hope he makes the team so I can finally see this kid play.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:35 PM
ruski17

So he just couldn't score a hat trick...

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:36 PM
twenty7

Lol on rds they mentionned him scoring a hat trick the last one occuring on a pp (14:52)

twenty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:36 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I think he'll definitely make it. But IIRC didn't he play well in the scrimmages last year. I remember him being cut being really unexpected.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I heard after he scored the second goal he went to the goalie and said, "Let's play a love game, play a love game ... Are you in the game? Doin' the love game" and then moonwalked back to the bench.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:49 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Game report from someone who was at the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Napster View Post
Team white 6,
Team red 3.

A few players stood out big time.
I will talk mostly about the forward group tonight and the D tomorrow.

Skinner showed why he was picked so high and so did Swartz. Skinner was easily one of the best players on the ice. Hands of gold. Carolina should be very happy.

Swartz is Theo Fleury reincarnate. Same style of skating, fast and agressive. He created many turnovers. Although much smaller than most, he hit with speed. There wasnt much hitting until the second period. The game was end to end and the fans were treated to very good hockey.

Leblanc. He was an absolute force. Same as Swartz. He mucked it up in the corners and came out with the puck more than not. He scored an absolute beauty in the shoot out.

Kyle Clifford (the big red dog) played like a dog. He was unstoppable and has been one of the great surprises. He has decent hands, quick feet and a very good forchecker.

Sean Couturier. He showed why many teams are starting to drool over him. In my opinion he was first star tonight.Scored a couple beauties. A big boy who knows how to use his speed and size. He went to the dirty parts of the ice tonight and made amazing plays. He is going to be scary good.

Now I will list the players who had an average game.
Johansen
Hishon
Schenn (although he got a few points)
Howden

Now I will list the players who were brutal.
Seguin. He was invisible. I think maybe because he thinks he is on the team already.
Didnt notice him at all with the exception of a decent play up the middle, gaining the offensive zone, dangled, then gave up the puck. Now maybe its just me, but I am starting to think he was ranked so high because of being the best on his team and the go to guy. In 3 days now, nothing. Almost like he is injured or something. And, no one that has been to the practices and the game tonight can say any different.

Beck. Not a good skater and turned over the puck a few times. He was terrrible and should be the first to go.

Ashton. I expected more from him for sure. Many turnovers but the puck at least found him a few times. Couple shots on net from outside PSA. (prime scoring area)

Tofolli. Another guy who could go early if he doesnt pick up his game. Didnt belong on the ice with those guys tonight at all.

Vey. Hey, guy was terrible. Another early cut. Floated most of the nite.

Ciziskas. He was an anomoly. He scored the first goal of the game, then thought it was enough, and went to sleep for the rest.

Eakin. No way jose. Get him off now, just a plug out there.

Anyone not mentioned is because they were average also.

Now I want to talk to you about Zack Kassian. I am not sure if I had a chance to get him, that I would take him or not. I have never seen a dirtier player in my life. Skating up behind the play when the refs werent looking, he punches Gallager in the back of the head. A much smaller player. He used his stick in a menacing way all night including a nasty spear to Gudbranson. Gudbranson dropped, then regained himself and hit Kassian behind the net. Kassan goes beserk and starts to swing at Gudbranson. Kassian drops his mits but Gut didnt want anything to do with the crazed lunatic standing before him and just hung on for dear life. Team white clearly didnt want anything to do with him and when he was on the ice, he basically had lots of room. He is NUTS

All 4 tenders were decent. The reffing was brutal. Missed many many calls including slashing that snapped sticks in half. Maybe a different rule in juniors. I dont know.
Missed the spear and much more. Only called 1 penalty all night.

The game itself had great flow. There was only one hit in the first and then it picked up in the second. The third is when the skill really started to show itself with many great passing plays. Both sides had lots of chances and all the goals were garbage goals with scrums in front of the net but one. Coutulier wristed a great one in.

Cant wait til tomorrow. I have many great pics I can share if you want them but I figure you will all see it on tsn tonight.

Max

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:59 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I heard after he scored the second goal he went to the goalie and said, "Let's play a love game, play a love game ... Are you in the game? Doin' the love game" and then moonwalked back to the bench.
damn that cracked me up . You know what song you're gonna have to put on your first 'Louis Leblanc compilation' video, right?

Old
08-06-2010, 10:10 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

So who are the four centres gonna be? Schenn, Leblanc, Johansen, and Schwartz? Hopefully Schenn makes the Kings so we can see Couturier, Leblanc, Johansen and Schwartz. Four really intriguing prospects. I can see Schwartz getting snubbed furthering the conspiracy of Team Canada's bias to CHL players. That would make it Schenn, Leblanc, Johansen and Couturier which would also be sick.

Connolly-Schenn-Glennie

Wheatkings teammates with Connollly, high end prospects. Seems all I hear about Connolly lately is that he's a bit of an ***hole, maybe not the best teammate

Beck-Leblanc-Skinner

I really like Beck, I think he'd fit well with Leblanc and Skinner. I think Skinner can be this tourney's Eberle, he's a goal scoring machine.

Ross-Johansen-Kassian

Excellent checking/energy line. Ross and Johansen from Portland with professional ****head Zach Kassian.

Eakin-Couturier-Gallagher

Canada always seem to have a line of access offensive players that didn't make the top 2 lines. I think Gallagher can be this year's Kozun, Couturier is a good defensive presence and will also chip in some offense. And Eakin has a nose for the net. Howden, Werek, Toffoli would all make good 15th forwards. On Defense, I'd go Ellis, Gormley, Doherty, Petrovic, Depres, and Elliot. I think Gudbranson will make Florida

Last edited by RoyBoyCoy: 08-06-2010 at 10:16 PM.
RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 10:29 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
So who are the four centres gonna be? Schenn, Leblanc, Johansen, and Schwartz? Hopefully Schenn makes the Kings so we can see Couturier, Leblanc, Johansen and Schwartz. Four really intriguing prospects. I can see Schwartz getting snubbed furthering the conspiracy of Team Canada's bias to CHL players. That would make it Schenn, Leblanc, Johansen and Couturier which would also be sick.

Connolly-Schenn-Glennie

Wheatkings teammates with Connollly, high end prospects. Seems all I hear about Connolly lately is that he's a bit of an ***hole, maybe not the best teammate

Beck-Leblanc-Skinner

I really like Beck, I think he'd fit well with Leblanc and Skinner. I think Skinner can be this tourney's Eberle, he's a goal scoring machine.

Ross-Johansen-Kassian

Excellent checking/energy line. Ross and Johansen from Portland with professional ****head Zach Kassian.

Eakin-Couturier-Gallagher

Canada always seem to have a line of access offensive players that didn't make the top 2 lines. I think Gallagher can be this year's Kozun, Couturier is a good defensive presence and will also chip in some offense. And Eakin has a nose for the net. Howden, Werek, Toffoli would all make good 15th forwards. On Defense, I'd go Ellis, Gormley, Doherty, Petrovic, Depres, and Elliot. I think Gudbranson will make Florida
Personally Ive never really been impressed with Schenn, I doubt he is gonna center team Canada's first line..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 10:35 PM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Post of the year.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Gallagher got an assist on the first goal so at least he isn't completely out of the picture. It would be pretty sweet to have 2 players on team Canada.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 10:49 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
I hope Leblanc gets cut from the team because I see Price v2.0 written all over a french local boy. From a development standpoint, I'd rather him not have 2 million people hyping his WJC performance.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 10:53 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I hope Leblanc gets cut from the team because I see Price v2.0 written all over a french local boy. From a development standpoint, I'd rather him not have 2 million people hyping his WJC performance.
You see similarities in leblanc and price because leblanc is a 'local, french boy'...?

Old
08-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. It's not like WJC experience is beneficial for player's development or something. Who cares about having your prospects play a tournament against the best players of the world in their age group.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 11:04 PM
FF de Mars

Which of the following is worst, Carey's W Cap or Louis' playlist ?

Quote:
I wish him a good Memorial cup run (if somehow he could only play with Avstyn...), and then a good Calder cup run the year after.

I'll be pissed too, especially after the Latendresse fiasco, if he plays in Montréal before he paid his dues.

But I wish him a good WJC too !

I'm starting to believe he might end up being a steal in his draft year, like TSN was saying when he was drafted. I didn't like his Harvard decision, but does anybody think it might have lowered his draft rank ?

Last edited by FF de Mars: 08-06-2010 at 11:14 PM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote