HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Zednik's trade value

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
I cant believe some people wouldnt want Demitra for Zednik. God this is too much. Zednik is so terribly inconsistent and he hasnt given a great effort since January 2003. Demitra can get you 80 points consistently, forget about the salary, were not the ones paying it. We are a team that needs offense and Demitra provides much more then Zednik. I'd rather see more grit and size on our bottom two lines.

Old
05-31-2004, 12:58 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Sorry but your list is sh**e. Most of these goalies are unproven netminders and some of them are exactly what you accuse Theo of (Giggy).
All I'm saying is that there's about 15 goalies in the same qualiber than Theo, that can get the job done. I could have added another bunch of names. He simply does not deserves 5.5M dollas... he is overpaid, and I'd rather have 5.5M to spend on an other player.

Old
05-31-2004, 12:59 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I cant believe some people wouldnt want Demitra for Zednik. God this is too much. Zednik is so terribly inconsistent and he hasnt given a great effort since January 2003. Demitra can get you 80 points consistently, forget about the salary, were not the ones paying it. We are a team that needs offense and Demitra provides much more then Zednik. I'd rather see more grit and size on our bottom two lines.
Demitra had 23 goals 35 assists 58 points this year
Zednik had 26 goals 24 assists 50 points this year

Zednik only had 5 less goals than Demitra 2 seasons ago but yeah he got owned in assists but everyone knows he's not a passer. Anyways, I don't even really care about stats.

I'd rather we keep Kovalev and Zednik than get Demitra. Zednik's about 4 times cheaper than Demitra and 2 years younger and he plays with grit and he loves montreal and montreal loves him, 'nuff said.

Old
05-31-2004, 01:00 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
agreed, but what is crazy is that the money Demitra makes kills his value... How about a Theodore Demitra swap? What do you all think?

Old
05-31-2004, 01:05 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
No, Theodore stays, weither you like it or not

The only way I'd get rid of Theo is by letting Garon play at least 30 games or so next season and see what he can do. If he does well then yes we might CONSIDER trading Theo but until then uh-huh.

Old
05-31-2004, 01:07 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Demitra had 23 goals 35 assists 58 points this year
Zednik had 26 goals 24 assists 50 points this year
Demitra also played 13 less games than Zednik and it was a down year for him. Pavol Demitra has proven over his career that he is definitely a point/game player. Zednik has never cracked 50 points and is closer to a 0.5 point/game player. I don't think there is any doubt that Demitra is the vastly superior player. In any event, I'd probably keep Zednik if it meant you could hold on to Kovalev as well..

Old
05-31-2004, 01:45 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
theo is a top 10 goalie(like it or not)
zednik is everything montreal needs: he has speed, he' stong,he has sood shot,he's good along the boards ,reliable defensively and good attitude and work ethic !
Demitra = another koivu with less emotions in his game
IMO the combination of Zednik,Koivu and Kovalev is perfect so why change it?
so NO THEODORE WON'T BE TRADED(unless somebody grossly overpay) AND ZEDNIK WILL STAY A HABS FOR A LONG TIME !(i hope so .. )

Old
05-31-2004, 01:46 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Demitra also played 13 less games than Zednik and it was a down year for him. Pavol Demitra has proven over his career that he is definitely a point/game player. Zednik has never cracked 50 points and is closer to a 0.5 point/game player. I don't think there is any doubt that Demitra is the vastly superior player. In any event, I'd probably keep Zednik if it meant you could hold on to Kovalev as well..
DEMITRA IS LESS USEFULL TO THE HABS THAN ZEDNIK 'NUFF SAID !

Old
05-31-2004, 03:50 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
Exactly. Plus the fact that he loves Montreal, the fans and the town.
The fans and the town love him too. He may be streaky, but when that streak is pointing the right way... god damn can he play. He's got a lot of tools, and still has plenty of time to get better at using them.

Old
05-31-2004, 06:47 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
theo is a top 10 goalie(like it or not)
zednik is everything montreal needs: he has speed, he' stong,he has sood shot,he's good along the boards ,reliable defensively and good attitude and work ethic !
Demitra = another koivu with less emotions in his game
IMO the combination of Zednik,Koivu and Kovalev is perfect so why change it?
so NO THEODORE WON'T BE TRADED(unless somebody grossly overpay) AND ZEDNIK WILL STAY A HABS FOR A LONG TIME !(i hope so .. )

Hes also unbelievably streaky, he has no hockey sense, he is a dumb player and he cant pass. Besides, he's using his speed less and less, not to mention his abuse of the one hand trick. The Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev is not perfect, there is no such thing as a perfect combination, you can always find better. Good attitude and work ethic? How can someone be so inconsistent and lazy yet have a good attitude and work ethic? I'd take a point per game all-star rather then a decent 2nd liner.

I agree though, do not trade Theodore, he cant return equal worth.

Old
05-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
DEMITRA IS LESS USEFULL TO THE HABS THAN ZEDNIK 'NUFF SAID !

Yes, it also has been proven . Why would the Habs need a superstar scorer right?

Old
05-31-2004, 07:21 PM
PJ Wiggum

Send a message via MSN to PJ Wiggum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars
Nah, your wrong: the only way the habs can do this deal is if they dump Theodore and his 5.5M!!! Damn, I can't believe Savard gave that bum 5.5 MILLION DOLLARS for average goaltending in a market where good goalies fall off trees... that's bad economics...

If we get rid of Theo we have enough money to add Demitra. I know I'm dreaming btw, I'm not stupid.
Well we can agree that the Habs need to free up money either by trading Theo or not resigning Kovalev, personally I`d rather keep both than have Demitra.

Closed Thread