HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinordi cut from USA's Junior Team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2010, 12:43 PM
  #76
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,772
vCash: 500
poor boston bruins. they selected tyler seguin with their 2nd overall pick and he didn't make team canada. clearly seguin should have slid unlike proven junior championship players like cam fowler

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
  #77
Azul
Where's my Cup?
 
Azul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 421
vCash: 50
Well to be fair Seguin wasn't drafted when he got cut, he will probably make it this year (after he just got drafted) if he's not in the NHL :l (!)

Tinordi still has a shot at making the team later anyway I believe...

Azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 12:49 PM
  #78
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzy View Post
Well to be fair Seguin wasn't drafted when he got cut, he will probably make it this year (after he just got drafted) if he's not in the NHL :l (!)

Tinordi still has a shot at making the team later anyway I believe...
my point is, what a silly way to view things in the hockey world.

i find myself posting primarily on the habs board here (has a lot to do with the fact i doubt anyone on the islanders board wants to talk Potvin with me...) just because i feel like i'm studying anthropology in university again. the other boards, they have some terrible posters but the habs board, it's like human beings who think in a way completely different from anyone else. and it's not a quebec thing, i lived in quebec for two years. it's just peculiar to me.

so many people here are ready and willing to throw any player under a bus they hear the most remotely negative thing about them. it's fascinating.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 12:53 PM
  #79
vokiel
Nothing blind
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 8,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
my point is, what a silly way to view things in the hockey world.

i find myself posting primarily on the habs board here (has a lot to do with the fact i doubt anyone on the islanders board wants to talk Potvin with me...) just because i feel like i'm studying anthropology in university again. the other boards, they have some terrible posters but the habs board, it's like human beings who think in a way completely different from anyone else. and it's not a quebec thing, i lived in quebec for two years. it's just peculiar to me.

so many people here are ready and willing to throw any player under a bus they hear the most remotely negative thing about them. it's fascinating.
You know what's fascinating:

1) You study anthropology.
2) You stop here and draw a black & white conclusion out of almost nothing.

Thanks for stopping by.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 12:55 PM
  #80
Haberdashery
 
Haberdashery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Interesting!

What can you say about our best prospects like kristo, Leblanc, etc.? As good as advertised?
I concentrate predominantly on draft eligible prospects, so I'm by no means an expert on how Kristo and Leblanc have looked the past two seasons -

I do know when I interviewed former coaches of Leblanc's in his draft year, I had never heard a prospect more lauded for his competitiveness - and that was from every coach he had ever had, whether it be for Quebec teams or U-18 teams or AAA midget. Danny Flynn absolutely loved him in AAA - Guy Boucher had him on a team - under-18's I beleive, and couldn't stop gushing about his competitiveness...no one works harder or wants to win more than Leblanc.

Kristo is another guy with a non-stop motor - great skater and lots of skill. He progressed more than any Habs prospect last season - looks for sure like a future NHLer, perhaps a top 6 forward.

I'm helping the publisher of McKeen's Pool Yearbook right now with his top 120 prospects list - Kristo wasn't even on last year's list - right now he's ranked 71st overall on this year's list.

Haberdashery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 12:57 PM
  #81
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
You know what's fascinating:

1) You study anthropology.
2) You stop here and draw a black & white conclusion out of almost nothing.

Thanks for stopping by.
i don't know if you caught, i didn't say everyone.

there are a handful of posters here who are intellectual savages. if they are hockey fans, they don't seem to possess the first thing needed to just be a fan let alone a hockey fan. they don't seem to like anything. they just want to complain about anything and everything that happens. there are quite a few posters here who i spent over an hour reading their previous posts and the only good they could say about the canadiens, even after making the conference finals, was about the past. a lot of times a past they were too young to watch.

if they are hockey fans, they are a breed of hockey fans i've never seen. what about being a hockey fan questions a 19 year olds commitment to the game of hockey because he's smart enough to be accepted into Harvard? what about being a hockey fan suddenly has a negative opinion on their 18 year old first round draft pick because he gets cut from a competition? it bewilders me.

but it's okay. assume i meant everyone.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 01:01 PM
  #82
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haberdashery View Post
I concentrate predominantly on draft eligible prospects, so I'm by no means an expert on how Kristo and Leblanc have looked the past two seasons -

I do know when I interviewed former coaches of Leblanc's in his draft year, I had never heard a prospect more lauded for his competitiveness - and that was from every coach he had ever had, whether it be for Quebec teams or U-18 teams or AAA midget. Danny Flynn absolutely loved him in AAA - Guy Boucher had him on a team - under-18's I beleive, and couldn't stop gushing about his competitiveness...no one works harder or wants to win more than Leblanc.

Kristo is another guy with a non-stop motor - great skater and lots of skill. He progressed more than any Habs prospect last season - looks for sure like a future NHLer, perhaps a top 6 forward.

I'm helping the publisher of McKeen's Pool Yearbook right now with his top 120 prospects list - Kristo wasn't even on last year's list - right now he's ranked 71st overall on this year's list.
Perhaps you can help enlighten some of us who have never seen Tinordi play. A lot of talk was centered around his skating and how it is good for someone his size.

What I want to know is how good is his skating period. Is he a fast skater, smooth, good strides? I'm just tired of hearing he is good for his size which means very little since very few people his size skate well.

And thanks for actually adding to the discussion here.

Also, is it 100% confirmed that Tinordi being cut here means he won't play in WJC? Don't they have camp in december again?


Last edited by Nidema: 08-02-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 01:05 PM
  #83
vokiel
Nothing blind
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 8,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
i don't know if you caught, i didn't say everyone.

there are a handful of posters here who are intellectual savages. if they are hockey fans, they don't seem to possess the first thing needed to just be a fan let alone a hockey fan. they don't seem to like anything. they just want to complain about anything and everything that happens. there are quite a few posters here who i spent over an hour reading their previous posts and the only good they could say about the canadiens, even after making the conference finals, was about the past. a lot of times a past they were too young to watch.

if they are hockey fans, they are a breed of hockey fans i've never seen. what about being a hockey fan questions a 19 year olds commitment to the game of hockey because he's smart enough to be accepted into Harvard? what about being a hockey fan suddenly has a negative opinion on their 18 year old first round draft pick because he gets cut from a competition? it bewilders me.

but it's okay. assume i meant everyone.
Using superlatives isn't a good thing here

On the topic at hand, it IS a negative to be cut from the USA Junior team. I don't see how people could picture this otherwise, unless they're trying to spin it in a better light for some fanatical reason. You'll always find a few troll posts screaming "Bust", but that isn't a reason to say: "so many people..."

Specially only after 3 pages when it could go on for another ... 20

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 01:05 PM
  #84
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 20,120
vCash: 500
This is less about Tinordi and more about other players asserting themselves. Clendening and Forbort to name two have showed great ability/chemistry so far in camp. Tinordi will get another shot in December.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 01:08 PM
  #85
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 500
no big deal, team usa still has a camp in december and he still could make the team then.

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 01:10 PM
  #86
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
does this necessarily mean he won't make the team?
most likely but there's another camp in Decemeber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haberdashery View Post
I'm guessing the U-18 management team is not heavily involved in this camp...as I'm sure they wouldn't go from loving him in April to cutting him in August.
Not this year. I know one of the assistant coaches from last years team was with the USNDTP, but this year with Allain as HC from Yale and AC Mark Oskiecki from Wisconsin. Exter is the goalie coach, I believe he works with the USNDTP though. And Phil Housley is in the USHS.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 01:11 PM
  #87
ReVeuF
Registered User
 
ReVeuF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
I like when I see people who are close to hockey posting here, it increase the credibility on the board. Pretty sure many are reading but do not post.

Sometimes we get news here before everywhere else (maybe just Twitter can be faster) and I like that.

Back on topic, Tinordi might not be in the mold of the team Team USA want to make. International hockey is less physical (exception for Cormier... lol) and this is Tinordi strongest asset. The question marks might be more the puck-moving, skating and I strongly hope not because of the defensive awareness.

Tinordi is made for the NHL style, we are just not sure if he will become a Gill or O'Byrne or less offensive Pronger (if he is similar to Pronger the pick will be a steal). If he is a copy of Komisarek I will be very happy. Lucic will have to check himself... LOL !

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 01:12 PM
  #88
Haberdashery
 
Haberdashery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Perhaps you can help enlighten some of us who have never seen Tinordi play. A lot of talk was centered around his skating and how it is good for someone his size.

What I want to know is how good is his skating period. Is he a fast skater, smooth, good strides? I'm just tired of hearing he is good for his size which means very little since very few people his size skate well.

And thanks for actually adding to the discussion here.

Also, is it 100% confirmed that Tinordi being cut here means he won't play in WJC? Don't they have camp in december again?

He's a good skater period, especially for his size. :-) I don't see skating being an issue - pretty smooth and mobile. He's not Bouwmeester, but his skating won't keep him out of the NHL IMO.

I suppose he could still make the team, but his chances are slimmer now.

Haberdashery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 01:23 PM
  #89
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
i don't know if you caught, i didn't say everyone.

there are a handful of posters here who are intellectual savages. if they are hockey fans, they don't seem to possess the first thing needed to just be a fan let alone a hockey fan. they don't seem to like anything. they just want to complain about anything and everything that happens. there are quite a few posters here who i spent over an hour reading their previous posts and the only good they could say about the canadiens, even after making the conference finals, was about the past. a lot of times a past they were too young to watch.

if they are hockey fans, they are a breed of hockey fans i've never seen. what about being a hockey fan questions a 19 year olds commitment to the game of hockey because he's smart enough to be accepted into Harvard? what about being a hockey fan suddenly has a negative opinion on their 18 year old first round draft pick because he gets cut from a competition? it bewilders me.

but it's okay. assume i meant everyone.
I would guess that most of them are ex-nords fan

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 01:54 PM
  #90
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Haberdashery, thank you for your input. We have some knowledgeable posters here when it comes to prospects and it is nice to see you adding more to the discussion.

Of course, this cut opens the door to sarcasm. Some can even be funny, lol. But personally, when I read the news, I didn't see it as such a big deal. The experience can be quite valuable but if Tinordi feels this is an insult, he could only use it as a kick in the ass to improve some more. Nothing worse than a kid who thinks he's got it made.

Another thing: Habs prospect pool is not rich in talented D (and I'm not saying that because Tinordi was cut. I think he's a good prospect and will make the team in a few years). When you look around, some organizations are very rich in talented puck-moving defensemen. Colorado is one of them. In fact, they got too many. Would be nice to steal one from them. In a few years there could be congestion in forwards but the D remains quite opened.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 02:19 PM
  #91
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Jordan is a good example here. He was drafted third overall in his twenties and went on to be the greatest ever. Patience with a Dman with a huge body is in order
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Be patient guys

You know who was cut from his high school basketball team once?

Michael Jordan; that's right, the GOAT


Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that Tinordi will be a HOF, but I think that we have to wait and see - and not overreact to what just happened with his U.S team

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 02:26 PM
  #92
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
good players who get overlooked use these things as motivation.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:12 PM
  #93
BLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,165
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Lots of top end 18 year olds don't make it. There's a talented group ahead of him with experience. He'll be a cornerstone of the 2012 group.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:14 PM
  #94
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,935
vCash: 709
Tune it to CKAC now if you want to know how a bust Tinordi will be. The great Pedneault and the ever-so-great Rinfret will be talking about it....that is if you have to choose between a root canal and this segment.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:27 PM
  #95
McSorleyStick
GIJON !
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 221B Baker Street
Posts: 17,148
vCash: 500
And maybe Tinordi didnt make the team because he doesn't fit in the U.S coach's style of play and philosophy.

It doesn't mean he is not a good player

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:38 PM
  #96
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Tune it to CKAC now if you want to know how a bust Tinordi will be. The great Pedneault and the ever-so-great Rinfret will be talking about it....that is if you have to choose between a root canal and this segment.....
damn i missed it how bad was it ?

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:38 PM
  #97
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Tune it to CKAC now if you want to know how a bust Tinordi will be. The great Pedneault and the ever-so-great Rinfret will be talking about it....that is if you have to choose between a root canal and this segment.....
Pedneault is one guy you can argue with. He will respectfully listen to others and adjust his point of view if needs be. Rinfret I never liked. He's an extremist, an all-black-or-white kind of guy.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 04:32 PM
  #98
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,436
vCash: 500
I thought he performed pretty well at the Habs' camp (based on the highlight videos and second-hand comments). I'm not too discouraged by this turn of events. It's now up to him to play well enough to get invited to the US' fall camp...

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 06:19 PM
  #99
Megaforce
Registered User
 
Megaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Raymond NDG/Mtl
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
Can he skate backwards?

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 06:41 PM
  #100
KingGallagherXI
Registered User
 
KingGallagherXI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,827
vCash: 500
Tinordi is a stay-at-home Dman, they chose hybrid defensemen on the national team. I'm sure he'll have a better NHL career than most or all of them.

KingGallagherXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.