HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinordi cut from USA's Junior Team

Old
08-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Habaddict

vCash: 500
I suspect much of the the disappointment and frustration
is caused by fans losing a chance to see him play, and of
course cheer. Pointing out that he'll be all right in 3 or 4
years, only makes it worse.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 08:31 AM
habshound247

Great athletes have the ability to turn something like this into motivation that fuels them for years. I'm hoping he gets so po'd that he takes it out on everyone who makes the team, especially if he doesn't, just to make a point.

habshound247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
I suspect much of the the disappointment and frustration
is caused by fans losing a chance to see him play, and of
course cheer. Pointing out that he'll be all right in 3 or 4
years, only makes it worse.
I agree. I see the WJC as an opportunity to see prospects play because i will never have a chance to, until they get called up to the habs. Unfortunately this isn't the NFL where the drafted kids have gone through 2-3 years of college and are ready to play with men. Most of these players take time to develop. Like somebody said, Pk Subban took 3 years to make the team. I don't understand why some would expect different from Tinordi.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:02 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
No need to extrapolate such a grim picture. You don't fire everyone when re-evaluating expectations. Who do you think I am Donald Trump?

The Canucks thing is just background noise right now. They traded for Ballard on condition that Tinordi isn't available anymore? How does that make any sense? Not much to me and I don't see where you're going with your fights in the WJC, we're not talking about a bruiser are we?
How does the Canuck deal not make sense? If tinordi was still there They were going to take him and send a first rounder for next year to florida instead. Why the Hell would the habs Re-evaluate a prospect based on being cut from a team? You don't understand how many teams the average player will get cut from in their lifetime.

Its amazing the overreaction fans have to the WJC. Carey Price got cut from team Canada his first year trying out, Seguin last year, all those American defenseman (Bogosian, JJ, Carlson) like Haberdashery was saying.

The players taken to this Camp are the best players at THIS MOMENT. This by no means tells you who will be a better player in the nhl in 5-7 years.

Old
08-03-2010, 12:25 PM
gusfring

Not a big deal, but 4 '92 defensemen are still there. Not a great sign.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
BoNeS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Angelo Esposito didn't make Team Canada either. Remember what happened? oh ****

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

whoooooooooooooooooooo cares?

making the junior team does not guarantee you success and the opposite is true as well.
Maybe he had a bad camp, its possible. Point being, dont make this reflect him as a prospect.

I know McGuire gets hard ons for junior players but dont let it cloud your judgement.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:36 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post
Angelo Esposito didn't make Team Canada either. Remember what happened? oh ****
Right, but Brent Seabrook did. What's the point?

I'm not talking about Esposito, or Zajac or Seabrook. Just Tinordi.

He should take this as a sign and play in London.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:38 PM
BoNeS42

Quote:

I forgot to add sorry, not used to the forum. I know that junior doesn't mean that much.

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Shutdown

Quote:

I could see this being the case if he were trying out for team Canada, but this is team USA. Most of them are from the NCAA

Shutdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 05:24 AM
orcatown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
So John Carlson getting cut by Team USA after being a 1st rounder should have forced some re-evaluation? Good thing you're not George McPhee or you would have fired all your scouts and traded Carlson for Blake Kessel (who made the team that Carlson got cut by).

Of course the Vancouver Canucks must be out to lunch too given that they traded their 1st round pick with the condition that if Tinordi is still available at that pick, the trade is null and void.

We're talking about an International Hockey Under-20 tournament to assess a 6foot6 physical and defensive D-man. How many fights do you ever see in the WJC?

Do you understand why rational posters think that anyone who's panicking about this development are out to lunch?
Given the Canuck drafting record maybe not too great an endorsement of the Tinordi pick. I think the player the Canucks really were hot on was Bennett and watching him last year they should have been.

Canuck interest in Tinordi might be a little troubling. What I saw of him was that he had some agility problems and might be a little iffy handling speed in his own end. He is like his Dad but I'm not sure that the Tinordi style of play is well suited to the present NHL game. Tinordi's Dad played in the old clutch and grab era which allowed him to be more successful. He hooked people constantly and today that is a penalty.

US Team has really gone to up speed attack and pressure game where back end mobility is the key. I don't see Tinordi having that type of transition game. I think that Tinordi clearly makes it to the NHL but probably in Hal Gill or Sutton type way. But if you can get a bona vide player out of the late part of the first round you take that and run.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 06:14 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Given the Canuck drafting record maybe not too great an endorsement of the Tinordi pick. I think the player the Canucks really were hot on was Bennett and watching him last year they should have been.

Canuck interest in Tinordi might be a little troubling. What I saw of him was that he had some agility problems and might be a little iffy handling speed in his own end. He is like his Dad but I'm not sure that the Tinordi style of play is well suited to the present NHL game. Tinordi's Dad played in the old clutch and grab era which allowed him to be more successful. He hooked people constantly and today that is a penalty.

US Team has really gone to up speed attack and pressure game where back end mobility is the key. I don't see Tinordi having that type of transition game. I think that Tinordi clearly makes it to the NHL but probably in Hal Gill or Sutton type way. But if you can get a bona vide player out of the late part of the first round you take that and run.
Well he kinda compares himself to chris Pronger. Chris Pronger is a big hulking defenseman that still dominates in todays nhl. Not saying he will be even close to Pronger but that style of player is still good in this nhl. According to his scouting report Tinordi is a good skater and has a good first pass. That tells me his transition game is fine. He just has to work on his puckhandling.

Old
08-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

Will he have another chance to make the rosters of the next WJC or it's over for him ?

Wongchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I believe they were all drafted in the first 40-50 picks of the draft also, it's not like they cut Tinordi and kept a guy that was passed over in the draft, Faulk and Johns were drafted right after and are more skill guys that will adapt easier to the 200 x 100 rink and international game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 09:13 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouliot57 View Post
Will he have another chance to make the rosters of the next WJC or it's over for him ?
He would likely need some kind of season to make the team, but if he gets an invite to the december camp and does well perhaps he can still make it. If not he should be a lock for the '12 team.

I thought he'd make this years team for sure since he was with the USNDTP, but USA is the favorite to win it and their strength as usual is on defense. I don't see it as a big deal if he doesn't make it this year but I would be pissed and concerned if he isn't on the team in '12.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Teufelsdreck

I don't pretend to know why Tinordi was cut. As other posters have suggested, he might have been a poor fit because he wasn't offensive enough. Alternatiively, he might have had disagreements with the coaches or was unpopular with the other players because he was too rough on them. None of those shortcomings would necessarily reflect on his ability to play in the NHL. Who knows?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I don't pretend to know why Tinordi was cut. As other posters have suggested, he might have been a poor fit because he wasn't offensive enough. Alternatiively, he might have had disagreements with the coaches or was unpopular with the other players because he was too rough on them. None of those shortcomings would necessarily reflect on his ability to play in the NHL. Who knows?
Also, it might just be a poor camp. Based on stats only, 'cause I haven't seen the games, the Blue team (his team) were scored 8 times in 2 games. Was he on the ice for most of them? On the blue team, him and Alt were released. On the White team, only Archibald was cut.

Now everything is still in play. They are playing some international games right now. Who knows if a couple of those guys will not cut themselves from the team giving Tinordi another chance. They won 6-3. In the first game, they scratched Johns and Wey and made Samuelsson the 7th d-man.

Faulk with 2 goals. Forbort with 1. Not only based on this but you can clearly bet those 2 guys are 1. I did mention it during draft day, the team that will pick Faulk has a steal right there.

Then, every d-man but Samuelsson added 1 point. So good offensive day for US. Then, 3 goals were scored by Sweden, 2 on the PP. So we have no idea how great they were defensively. Yet, a good start for them.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 01:14 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

It's just too bad we won't see him play , I don't think it's a big deal , this kind of defenseman is more valuable to a league team than a international team.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote