HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pineault

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2004, 01:33 AM
penkil2

vCash: 500
Pineault

Pineault's profile on hockey future:

Pineault is a power forward who makes excellent use of his size and strength. Hes a powerful skater who possesses speed with good acceleration. He also has a good hard shot. He possesses a willingness to drive the net and plays with grittiness. He is very good around the net and in corners. He also reads plays quite well.

Don't count him out of the 1st round, he may have had a slow year due to a deep team but this prospect is dripping with talent. NY Rangers are in need of a power forward and Pineault is your man. Take him early because I don't think he will be around at the 2nd round.

Old
05-28-2004, 07:41 AM
NYR469

he is one of several guys i have circled as targets for the late 1st round/2nd round...if he falls to the 2nd round then i'm definitely interested...

i think he is leaving bc to go to juniors next year, can anyone confirm that?

Old
05-28-2004, 07:51 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
The general consensus is that Pineault is a high second round pick who may slip into the late stages of the first round. With the skill-set described, you'd think he'd be a top 20 pick. What's the knock on him that is keeping him from being considered alongside a guy like, say, Stafford?

Old
05-28-2004, 08:29 AM
NYR469

pinneault is leaving bc, but it isn't confirmed yet where he is going

http://www.uscho.com/news/2004/04/29_008492.php

the assumption is he'll play for moncton of the QMJHL since they hold his junior rights

Old
05-28-2004, 08:31 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
The general consensus is that Pineault is a high second round pick who may slip into the late stages of the first round. With the skill-set described, you'd think he'd be a top 20 pick. What's the knock on him that is keeping him from being considered alongside a guy like, say, Stafford?
the knock is inconsistancy just like alot of players this year...he was very highly rated going into the year but then at BC this year he didn't play alot and regressed a bit...that is one of the main reason why he is leaving BC to go somewhere that he'll play more

Old
05-28-2004, 08:36 AM
True Blue

I would love to get him with one of our early 2nd rounders. Depending who is on the board, he may even be a decent pick with our 2nd 1st rounder.

Old
05-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

He's a definite sleeper in this draft, i don't see him getting out of the 1st round, too much upside. But still, i'd take Kris Chucko at #24 before Pineault.

Old
05-28-2004, 10:30 AM
in the hall

Quote:
prior to this season he was thought to be a shoe in top 10 pick but after only a 4 goal performance in his first collegiate year, his stock has obviously dropped

it says a lot about his ability to still be considered in the first round/second round after scoring just 4 goals

Old
05-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
prior to this season he was thought to be a shoe in top 10 pick but after only a 4 goal performance in his first collegiate year, his stock has obviously dropped

it says a lot about his ability to still be considered in the first round/second round after scoring just 4 goals
BC was stacked, they already had three full lines that had played together before. The only other Freshman at BC that saw icetime was Brian Boyle, and he had the same amount of points in 6 more games than Adam. If he had played in the Q this year, he possibly could've been a top 15 pick.

I was disappointed, saw BC 4 times this year and he barely saw the ice. But what i did see i liked, though he did nothing special.

Old
05-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
He's a definite sleeper in this draft, i don't see him getting out of the 1st round, too much upside. But still, i'd take Kris Chucko at #24 before Pineault.
And I'll take Zajak or Voloshenko before Chucko at #24 .

Old
05-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
I am pretty sure both Chuko and Pineault will be available in early 2nd round.

Old
05-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
And I'll take Zajak or Voloshenko before Chucko at #24 .
I like Zajac too, getting him or Chucko would be great. I figure, if we don't get Ladd with #6, Chucko would be great to pick at #24 giving us a PF type LW.

Voloshenko i like, he gets underrated because he's not physically mature like a Malkin, but he's got some great skills.

BTW, i'm almost 100% positive that Sather trades up from #24. No way does he wait through 18 picks before he grabs the player he wants. Or maybe he deals the pick for a proven NHL'er. There's lots of possible scenarios.

Old
05-28-2004, 03:15 PM
penkil2

Quote:
BC was stacked, they already had three full lines that had played together before. The only other Freshman at BC that saw icetime was Brian Boyle, and he had the same amount of points in 6 more games than Adam. If he had played in the Q this year, he possibly could've been a top 15 pick.

I was disappointed, saw BC 4 times this year and he barely saw the ice. But what i did see i liked, though he did nothing special.
I saw a number of BC games this season and I was disappointed at the LW position Pineault was playing. When I first saw Pineault at age 14 playing for the Jr. Bruins he played RC. From what I have heard his position was moved to RW in his 2nd year with NTDP and he still managed to be 2nd top scorer playing wing with Hensick as Center. Pineault is a RC, its his natural position and hopefully when he gets to his next team they put him as Center on any line and let him work his way up to 1st line.
Last Fall the NHL.com had him as #7, so the talent is there. I hope NYR are able to pick Pineault with our 2nd pick. Alot of upside here!

Old
05-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Potted Plant

One benefit of having one late 1st round pick and 5 second round picks is that we have the opportunity to take some chances with those picks. We can afford to use two or three of those picks on feast-or-famine players, and hedge our bets with three or four meat-and-potatos guys. Considering that, Pineault sounds like exactly the kind of guy who fits into that strategy. I like what I hear about Salmonsson a little better though. I'd prefer to grab him with that late first rounder, but I would not oppose getting Pineault with an early second.

Old
05-29-2004, 12:52 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Actually, Pineault already dropped out... last I heard he was shopping for other schools - including Wisconsin... my feeling is that he'll go OHL.

I've really followed him a lot... he's one of those guys like Meszaros, Sindel and Soderberg that take a backseat to (IMO) less-worthy prospects like Schultz or Chipchura.

He played 4th line on a team with more developed upperclassmen and logged a ridiculously low amount of ice-time.

IMO, he should be ranked 10-15 in NA

Old
05-29-2004, 12:58 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
I like Zajac too, getting him or Chucko would be great. I figure, if we don't get Ladd with #6, Chucko would be great to pick at #24 giving us a PF type LW.

Voloshenko i like, he gets underrated because he's not physically mature like a Malkin, but he's got some great skills.

BTW, i'm almost 100% positive that Sather trades up from #24. No way does he wait through 18 picks before he grabs the player he wants. Or maybe he deals the pick for a proven NHL'er. There's lots of possible scenarios.
Yeah, Voloshenko is GROSSLY underrated... I think if he didn't play in Russia and was a bit bigger, he could easily go 11th-14th.

His skating coordination is something that has become a mountain from a molehill. It's a developmental issue that both Malkin and Meidl have as well.

Old
05-29-2004, 02:18 PM
penkil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Actually, Pineault already dropped out... last I heard he was shopping for other schools - including Wisconsin... my feeling is that he'll go OHL.

I've really followed him a lot... he's one of those guys like Meszaros, Sindel and Soderberg that take a backseat to (IMO) less-worthy prospects like Schultz or Chipchura.

He played 4th line on a team with more developed upperclassmen and logged a ridiculously low amount of ice-time.

IMO, he should be ranked 10-15 in NA
Pineault is not looking for another college. He will play major junior.
I agree, he should be higher in the NA ranking.

Old
05-29-2004, 02:55 PM
penkil2

Quote:
The knock on Pineault is that BC asked him to come a year early which made him the youngest player in Div. 1 in the country. He saw ice time early in the season because of injuries. The BC coaching staff kept the freshmen on the 4th line which didn't help all 3. Eventually, the other two freshmen were put on other lines with Pineault remaining on the 4th with 2 upperclassmen. That line kicked butt and the 4th line was scoring( scoring stopped when Pineault sat). The injuries ended and then the rotation began of the 3 freshmen. Sitting out 2 Freshmen each game.
At some point, Eaves returned from an injury and Pineault was odd man out and never played again.
Freshmen, Joe Rooney, son of former NHL-er saw time on the 1st and 2nd line.
Freshmen, Brian Boyle, 6'7', LA Kings 2003 1st round pick saw alot of ice-time
Note:BC's Asst. coach Cavanough works for the LA Kings in the off season.

Pineault did ask why he wasn't playing and his answer was, "your only 17".

I do think alot of it was politics and not talent with the 3 freshmen..

Also, Pineault was asked to play on the USA team in Belurus and BC's York said, "no, he should stay with his team." This highly scouted tournament would have raised his stock significantly.

I think he should be in the top 10, but unless your seen prior to the rankings your stock drops.

Last edited by penkil2: 06-05-2004 at 12:14 AM.
Old
05-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Potted Plant

If that's an accurate portrayal of the situation, I would have no problem drafting the guy. I do have my heart set on Salmonsson though, as he seems to be another one of those who would be rated much higher but for some problem that I see as not such a big deal. Namely, he can't seem to stay uninjured. I tend to think that sort of thing is decided mostly by luck except for a few strange cases (like Lindros, for example). In my opinion, if someone is a top 15 pick except for the fact that he keeps getting nagging injuries, he's a top 15 pick anyway.

How about we get both of them?

Closed Thread