Notices

Patrice Cormier

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2010, 03:01 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
Nov 14 C Patrice Cormier, the Thrashers prospect who suffered a broken foot when blocking a shot during the team's final training camp practice, resumed skating on his own earlier this week.

Today- ajcthrashers I'm told the #Thrashers will make a decision on next step for Patrice Cormier after this week.

Please bring him in right away. His presence alone is needed. Ditch the great and old and ancient one of a kind and last of a dying breed, Modin, for him.

Old
11-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Nov 14 C Patrice Cormier, the Thrashers prospect who suffered a broken foot when blocking a shot during the team's final training camp practice, resumed skating on his own earlier this week.

Today- ajcthrashers I'm told the #Thrashers will make a decision on next step for Patrice Cormier after this week.

Please bring him in right away. His presence alone is needed. Ditch the great and old and ancient one of a kind and last of a dying breed, Modin, for him.
starting him here wouldnt be smart at all. he has hardly played in almost a year now. he needs a month or so in Chicago

Old
11-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
starting him here wouldnt be smart at all. he has hardly played in almost a year now. he needs a month or so in Chicago
agreed. it makes ZERO sense.

i'm hopeful he plays well enough to earn a call-up...a roster spot, even 2 months from now isnt guaranteed at all.

Old
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Cormier needs some time in Chicago, at least to get a feel for the competition. Remember, his last game was late last January in juniors. He hasn't really played against pros yet.

Exactly how much time in Chicago is debatable, but it's safe to say he's not gonna start here right after his injury is healed. He'll be in Chicago for a little bit of time, to say the least.

Old
11-17-2010, 04:53 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Chicago for the rest of the season.

Old
11-17-2010, 05:04 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I'd rather have a rookie in a chl league right now than Modin, Slater, or Thorburn (old men or awful players with no futures except on the 4th line 5 mins a game).

When Cormier comes he will instantly make an impact and a name for himself and I'm sure the Thrashers will play him this season especially if the inconsistency woes and blows continue like consenus states it will.

Old
11-17-2010, 06:13 PM
KevFist
is best pony

To be honest with you, the only impact Cormier's made on this team to date is the impact of the puck against his foot. Here's a guy who hasn't played since January. I find it hard to believe he's the answer to our consistency issues.

Granted, the guys you mentioned aren't worldbeaters, but they're solid players with 9 goals between them. thorburn's actually having a great year. Why do you want them gone? Please give an answer beyond "They suck", "They're old" or "They're slow."

Old
11-18-2010, 11:50 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Chicago for the rest of the season.
Nor would I, but also remember that management and coaches are pretty high on him. While being in Chicago for the rest of the year is clearly something that may happen, given Chicago's record of developing our players, I don't think Cormier will spend too long there.

Chicago isn't owned, operated, or controlled by the Thrashers. Separate entities own each franchise. Therefore, they'll do what they want, and we can either put up with it or find another club to develop our talent with.

Old
11-18-2010, 11:52 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Why do you want them gone? Please give an answer beyond "They suck", "They're old" or "They're slow."
Many fans want people who score goals. Scoring goals is exciting. Especially at home, where the goal horn goes off, and everyone in the stands goes wild. Honestly, I think the Greek Gods line does a good job. They're there as an energy line, and they do a good job of creating that energy.

I can't answer for ASF, nor will I try, but the rationale I hear most often is that they're not "goal scorers," therefore "they are bad."

Old
11-19-2010, 10:01 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
According to #Thrashers GM Rick Dudley, Patrice Cormier will be sent to AHL Chicago when he comes off injured reserve from broken foot.
Yeah...thanks.

Old
11-19-2010, 12:56 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Granted, the guys you mentioned aren't worldbeaters, but they're solid players with 9 goals between them. thorburn's actually having a great year. Why do you want them gone? Please give an answer beyond "They suck", "They're old" or "They're slow."
To be fair, most people just don't jive with 4th liners. I can only guess the cause, but I'd assume it's because they aren't guys you look to for points. The 4th line brings the energy; that's really all they are supposed to do, and the Greek Gods do it well. I've be a fan of Thorburn's since he started here. Guy may not have the most skill on the ice, but he works hard and does his job.

I have to imagine most of the hate Thorburn gets is from the time he was being used as a complimentary player on the top line. That's not exactly the ideal spot for him, even if he did perform better than most could have expected.

Old
11-20-2010, 01:48 PM
odgersfan83

Good. He needs time in Chicago. To assume that he would come in and outplay guys like Thorburn, Slater and Modin is quite a stretch.

Old
11-20-2010, 02:02 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

DJ- It has nothing to do with them getting points or goals. They just blow period. We have the worst 4th liners in the nhl. All Slater does is fall down and score a lucky goal off the other teams skate once a year, and Thorburn fails at hockey. I'd rather take Eric Perrin on my team which is beyond sad.

Old
11-20-2010, 02:45 PM
dj4aces

Slater - 2g 1a
Thorburn - 3g 1a
Boulton - 1g 1a

Now, of the two goals Slater has this year, neither have been off an opposing teams skate. They've both been goals that were rebounds. Slater was camping the net on both of his goals, which is good. Slater's skating is also improved this year, which is also good to see. Slowly but surely, he has been improving. We like improvements in our players.

Thorburn, with his three goals, clearly shows that he doesn't "fail at hockey." Can you be more specific? I would say he fails at fighting, but that's about it. He can go out there, give the body, take the body, and finish his shift after having his stick broken and his leg numbed while blocking a shot, and continue to block shots.

I'll never forget the Maple Leafs game, 16 Jan 2009, where the Greek Gods went out there and controlled the puck in the attacking zone for over two minutes. They made the Leafs look like idiots in that game. It took heart, dedication, and a lot of energy to put on that display. I was there that night, and everyone in attendance gave them a huge standing ovation when Toskala finally froze the puck.

Not saying you're wrong. I just want more than opinion. My opinion is that this team needs hard working and dedicated fourth line players like them. Facts provided above.

Old
11-20-2010, 02:47 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

i'd take my fourth line over any fourth line in the southeast division.

i'm cool with them. antropov needs to catch up, really, and we should be alright. the forwards haven't been the problem in losses so far.

Old
11-20-2010, 02:57 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

All those goals they score are trash goals where the oppoents knock it in. They are not legit. Thank God we do have Cormier for the future. We will become contenders when our 4th line becomes good.

Old
11-20-2010, 03:02 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
All those goals they score are trash goals where the oppoents knock it in. They are not legit. Thank God we do have Cormier for the future. We will become contenders when our 4th line becomes good.
The Caps sure were contenders last year with their fourth line, right?

It takes 12 forwards to make a team, not just one line.

Old
11-20-2010, 03:25 PM
dj4aces

Quote:
All those goals they score are trash goals where the oppoents knock it in.
Show me. The two Slater goals are ones that he himself knocked in. The video evidence, at this point in the season, supports my argument.

Old
11-20-2010, 03:46 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Eric Boulton goals...
http://video.thrashers.nhl.com/video...0&event=NYR883
Boulton picks up the rebound and puts it in.

Jim Slater Goals....
http://video.thrashers.nhl.com/video...89&event=ATL42
Slater picks up the rebound on a Byfuglien shot. Nice backhand.

http://video.thrashers.nhl.com/video...9&event=ATL408
Slater puts in the rebound on a Ladd shot.

Thorburn Goals....
http://video.thrashers.nhl.com/video...1&event=ANA423
Thorburn redirects the Byfuglien shot.

http://video.thrashers.nhl.com/video...1&event=ANA423
Thorburn scores on his own rebound.

http://video.thrashers.nhl.com/video...1&event=T.B478
Thorburn puts in the pass.

All of those goals were scored because of solid play and proper positioning. Don't know how ANY of those could be called "garbage"

Old
11-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Slater - 2g 1a
Thorburn - 3g 1a
Boulton - 1g 1a

Now, of the two goals Slater has this year, neither have been off an opposing teams skate. They've both been goals that were rebounds. Slater was camping the net on both of his goals, which is good. Slater's skating is also improved this year, which is also good to see. Slowly but surely, he has been improving. We like improvements in our players.

Thorburn, with his three goals, clearly shows that he doesn't "fail at hockey." Can you be more specific? I would say he fails at fighting, but that's about it. He can go out there, give the body, take the body, and finish his shift after having his stick broken and his leg numbed while blocking a shot, and continue to block shots.

I'll never forget the Maple Leafs game, 16 Jan 2009, where the Greek Gods went out there and controlled the puck in the attacking zone for over two minutes. They made the Leafs look like idiots in that game. It took heart, dedication, and a lot of energy to put on that display. I was there that night, and everyone in attendance gave them a huge standing ovation when Toskala finally froze the puck.

Not saying you're wrong. I just want more than opinion. My opinion is that this team needs hard working and dedicated fourth line players like them. Facts provided above.
thorburn and slater are actually some of the more skilled 4th liners in the league.

Old
11-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Aaronxxx

i would say the only goals that are not legit are ones that are overturned on a review. otherwise, any goal that counts on the scoreboard is a good goal. who cares how it is scored? the name of the game is to win. i'll take 50 garbage/ugly/not legit goals over 10 goals that make my jaw drop any day of the week.

Old
11-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Zsswimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
thorburn and slater are actually some of the more skilled 4th liners in the league.
I agree and I think for an enforcer Boulton isn't too bad himself. Better than the likes of guys like Koci and Peters

Old
11-29-2010, 08:37 AM
The Yzerman
1983 - 4th Overall

Any more news on him lately? He left his hometown quite a while ago and I haven't heard anything since.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzening Frank View Post
Any more news on him lately? He left his hometown quite a while ago and I haven't heard anything since.
he was sent to Chicago(AHL). i dont think he is playing yet though

Old
11-29-2010, 10:00 AM
The Yzerman
1983 - 4th Overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
he was sent to Chicago(AHL). i dont think he is playing yet though
Thanks, 'preciate it.

Closed Thread