HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Cheap Jersey Site 3

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2010, 03:20 AM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
They're the replicas, I'm imagining, at that price. Correct?
Have a look for yourself

http://www.modells.com/family/index....920308.1920578

They didn't have gaboriks or dubinsky jerseys though.

Sports authority has big sales on jerseys all the time too and i can assure you those are most definetely legit.

Old
08-04-2010, 07:30 AM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
That's not a Reebok Edge jersey. It is a fake piece of trash.

These websites are all 100% illegal. I can't believe HF allows this kind of discussion.
If you dont agree with these jerseys then fine, but stay out of a discussion thread about them. I personally would rather spend $50 for something I will wear in public maybe once a year at most than doing the same at $300. You can say all you want about saving your hard earn money up and you would rather not waste your money on junk... well hey, I would rather waste a smaller amount of money idolizing a player and team then a ton of money.

Last edited by Majik1987: 08-04-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: flaming
Old
08-04-2010, 07:51 AM
RaiderDoug

I bought a couple of football jerseys from these sites. I'd be willing to bet money that from more than 6" away, you won't be able to tell the difference on 90% of these jerseys.

From Indonesian Sweatshop ($30) to Reebok (+$200) to you for $230.

Or

From Chinese Sweatshop ($30) to you for $30.

Old
08-04-2010, 09:10 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

is there a reason why tarajersey refuses to stock Thrashers jerseys?

Old
08-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Canadian91

Oh god... http://www.borntrade.net/product/Pro670.Html

Old
08-04-2010, 10:06 AM
mmajeski06

Ibelieve people when they say the fakes are not as good as a real edge. But I'm not interested in comparing them to a real edge. I am more interested in comparing them to the Premier jerseys they sell for 150 with everything ironed on. I got one of those and it was embarrassing.

Nothing like the old CCMs. Ordered my Devils throwback from Ice Jerseys about two weeks ago. The only fake jersey I currently own is a Jets NFL jersey.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 08-04-2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: quoted deleted post
Old
08-04-2010, 10:30 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
WTF?!

I hope it's how the jersey was laid out. I can't believe for a second they made the name that crooked on purpose.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:06 PM
djcreepshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Honestly, if someone wants a second rate unlicensed POS garbage...I suppose it's their prerogative. With the money saved, they probably have enough space left under their personal cap to squeeze in a sweet knock-off Rolex. I know not everyone's made of money...but c'mon fellas. Good things come to those who wait, and those who wait the longest, well, they get the best. Seriously...knock a couple Ho-Ho's out of your diet, skip out on the next installment of Call of Duty, maybe give the beer a rest...and I think that RBK Edge can be yours.
Not everyone can afford even $150 for a replica jersey. I know I can't. I just got a jersey from tarajersey.com and it looks awesome. Maybe if RBK/NHL/CCM didn't charge such ridiculous prices for their jerseys then the knock-off sites might not exist. Seriously, it probably costs them about $5 to actually make the jersey, but with all the mark-ups, etc it ends up costing close to $200. And that's not even for an authentic.

I would LOVE to get nothing but the real jerseys and support my local sports shops, but I just can't afford it.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcreepshow View Post
Not everyone can afford even $150 for a replica jersey. I know I can't. I just got a jersey from tarajersey.com and it looks awesome. Maybe if RBK/NHL/CCM didn't charge such ridiculous prices for their jerseys then the knock-off sites might not exist. Seriously, it probably costs them about $5 to actually make the jersey, but with all the mark-ups, etc it ends up costing close to $200. And that's not even for an authentic.

I would LOVE to get nothing but the real jerseys and support my local sports shops, but I just can't afford it.
Amen. Even if a person CAN afford it, nothing justifies paying these highly marked up prices.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:53 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4thurt View Post
Amen. Even if a person CAN afford it, nothing justifies paying these highly marked up prices.
What's so wrong about people willing to actually shell out that kind of dough?

Old
08-04-2010, 01:09 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean Kid 23 View Post
nothing at all but it seems a few people around here think you should be able to afford it and get upset when a $40 knockoff isn't 100% accurate. If you have the cash go for it, if you want to buy knockoffs so be it.

Old
08-04-2010, 01:10 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Oh wow...

http://www.borntrade.net/product/Pro2412.Html

Old
08-04-2010, 01:13 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean Kid 23 View Post
Nothing. But there's people who act like they've uncovered another holocaust here.

Want to spend $200.00 on something from the pro shop, OK with me. Want to buy the knockoffs? Ok with me too.

I just think that there's some people who get ticked off when they realize they spend $250.00 on a jersey when they could have gotten a virtually identical product for $50.00

Old
08-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Rink Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinRuutu View Post
I just got my first Rbk Edge jersey and I'm lovin' it.

It's hard to find good NHL jerseys from Finland but www.funstuffstore.com is decent.

The lettering is awful.

Old
08-04-2010, 01:23 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
Do they just not care?

Old
08-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Do they just not care?
Does anyone?

But yeah, some of these jerseys are terrible. I understand people not wanting to shell out $150+, but I'd still rather have a real jersey rather than one that doesn't look remotely real. I guess it's personal opinion.

Old
08-04-2010, 01:46 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
They're still pretty upset he Kovalchuk left.

Old
08-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
there no demand for it.. they'll put up any jersey you want if you can guarantee they will sell 1000+

Old
08-04-2010, 02:26 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

I wouldn't ever think of anybody who buys knock-off's monsters, but you'll never see me caught dead with one. I put this in the same category as me refusing to date smokers.

Old
08-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Droc
Classless

lol, wow. Some people get so emotional over what other people do with their money.

If someone wants to wear a knockoff to represent their team/player, who cares.

Acting like buying a knockoff is a capital crime is just immature and boils down to elitism.

Old
08-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
lol, wow. Some people get so emotional over what other people do with their money.

If someone wants to wear a knockoff to represent their team/player, who cares.

Acting like buying a knockoff is a capital crime is just immature and boils down to elitism.
Amen.

I own one fake and love it. Its equally as good as the 300$ vintage authentic jersey I bought from rivercity.

Old
08-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Parisalchuk View Post
If you dont agree with these jerseys then fine, but stay out of a discussion thread about them. I personally would rather spend $50 for something I will wear in public maybe once a year at most than doing the same at $300. You can say all you want about saving your hard earn money up and you would rather not waste your money on junk... well hey, I would rather waste a smaller amount of money idolizing a player and team then a ton of money.
And you're apparently comfortable giving your money, no matter how much it is, to organized crime rather than the league, teams and players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I bought a couple of football jerseys from these sites. I'd be willing to bet money that from more than 6" away, you won't be able to tell the difference on 90% of these jerseys.

From Indonesian Sweatshop ($30) to Reebok (+$200) to you for $230.

Or

From Chinese Sweatshop ($30) to you for $30.
Reebok produces Premier jerseys in Indonesian factories that are legal. Authentic Edge jerseys are produced ONLY in Canada. That's why when you buy a fake piece of crap from China, it has a Made in Canada tag on it!

Since there are no fakes made of Premier jerseys since the appeal is Authentic Edge jerseys, your point falls flat on its face.... and yes, I can tell from a distant photo which jerseys are fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
Go call the cops.
Believe me, if I could find my way into a job to go after these illegal sellers, I would. I cracked a beer when I heard that a container with 20,000 fake Team Canada Olympic jerseys was seized in Vancouver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcreepshow View Post

Ever heard of saving your money?

Think about the costs that go into legitimate products...

-Materials
-Factory staff
-Shipping (for Premier jerseys from overseas, that's not cheap with fuel these days)
-Licensing fees to the league and teams
-NHLPA royalty when customized

When it gets to the retailer, they mark it up even more because they are also a business. They have money to make and staff to pay themselves. This is reality in EVERY retail market, not just jerseys. The more of a fake market there is, the less legitimate retailers can sell. Lower sales means less money available to staff, so this market is hurting the minimum wage retail workers who are trying to make an honest living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
Amen.

I own one fake and love it. Its equally as good as the 300$ vintage authentic jersey I bought from rivercity.
No. It's not.

In the end, I find it disgusting that people are willing to spend money where they KNOW it is going to illegal sources and have no problem with it.

Old
08-04-2010, 05:47 PM
cedouimet

I guess you never bought anything made in china, where CHILDREN work in MISERABLE condition to make your stuff cheaper.

Maybe it's not ILLEGAL, but it INDECENT

Old
08-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedouimet View Post
I guess you never bought anything made in china, where CHILDREN work in MISERABLE condition to make your stuff cheaper.

Maybe it's not ILLEGAL, but it INDECENT
I've never said that some companies haven't used such cheap labour tactics. There is a better effort from a lot of companies today, to make sure the labour they use overseas is legal and that children are not working and the labour isn't being forced. Obviously it is a difficult problem to tackle, and it might never be fully tackled.

However, on this issue specifically, with fake jerseys (and fake rolex, gucci, etc), you KNOW it is not coming from a place that makes any attempt to be legal. That $50 you spend goes directly into the factory owner's pocket. If the person who made your jersey is lucky, he/she might see a few pennies of it.

The other issue here, is you don't even know what these jerseys are made with. Fisher Price had issues with lead paint making babies sick. That resulted in China executing people who let it happen in their factories. If legitimate factories can have that happen, how can you feel safe with anything coming out of the illegal Chinese factories?

Your next question will be "If it can happen to Fisher Price, why can't it happen to Reebok?"... and with Premier jerseys, I would have to simply say that I hope Indonesian factories are better run than Chinese factories. I would also mention that with authentic jerseys, which is what the fakes are made to imitate, are only made in Reebok's factory in Montreal.

Old
08-04-2010, 06:28 PM
HANSENISBEST

Considering that all of the Blackhawks fakes are God-awful, has anyone managed to find a good Orange "Vintage" style fake the Flyers were sporting for Richards? I saw a good Pronger one in the other thread, but there didn't seem to be any good ones for Richards (as in, the site offered the different players from the Flyers from seemingly different manufacturing sites).

Closed Thread