HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Cheap Jersey Site 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-04-2010, 06:32 PM
  #51
allfive6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to allfive6
Until the NHL and other sports leagues chance there pricing I am quite happy buying knock offs my only real complaint about them is I did not find out about them sooner ( before i got 6 Real NHL jersey that are no better than the 5 and counting I got from knock off sites.) Don't hate the player hate the game.

allfive6 is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 06:37 PM
  #52
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut
 
Galchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinRuutu View Post
I just got my first Rbk Edge jersey and I'm lovin' it.

It's hard to find good NHL jerseys from Finland but www.funstuffstore.com is decent.



I'm sorry, that doesn't look too good compared to what you could get elsewhere. Of course, this is all relative to what you're happy with, so if you like it, more power to you.

Galchenyuk27 is online now  
Old
08-04-2010, 07:00 PM
  #53
Retail1LO
Registered User
 
Retail1LO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfive6 View Post
Until the NHL and other sports leagues chance there pricing I am quite happy buying knock offs my only real complaint about them is I did not find out about them sooner ( before i got 6 Real NHL jersey that are no better than the 5 and counting I got from knock off sites.) Don't hate the player hate the game.
Don't hate the player, hate the game? How about both? I hate the practice of selling licensed merchandise illegally. It makes the legitimate stuff more expensive for the rest of us. I hate the fact it's made available, and I hate the fact that people have no conscience when it comes to paying for illegal stuff.

A correlation (that I admit isn't perfect): I'm a healthy individual. I do not smoke. I do not drink. I exercise quite regularly. I have my entire life. I haven't required a trip to the hospital in my life (some luck involved, I know), and I rarely get sick. However, I make a real effort ot make sure my health is what it is. I don't frequent McDonald's or any other fast food restaurant, ever....much less 4 times a week like some. The point is, the money I pay for health insurance gets used by people who smoke, eat garbage, don't exercise, and drink like fish...and subsequently need all manner of medication and doctor visits just to keep them propped up alive. They get the same insurance as I do, generally at the same cost, even though they use much more of it.

I'm not going to look back in this thread for the quote, but someone said something to the effect of "I can't afford to pay $300 for a jersey, but at least I'm still supporting my team." That's complete mularkey. Not one dollar of what you spend on illegal merchandise goes to the team you "support." You're actually doing them a disservice.

Retail1LO is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 07:58 PM
  #54
Canadian91
Registered User
 
Canadian91's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean Kid 23 View Post
WTF?!

I hope it's how the jersey was laid out. I can't believe for a second they made the name that crooked on purpose.
The name bar is also off-centre....

Canadian91 is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 08:12 PM
  #55
Stripes
 
Stripes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Don't hate the player, hate the game? How about both? I hate the practice of selling licensed merchandise illegally. It makes the legitimate stuff more expensive for the rest of us. I hate the fact it's made available, and I hate the fact that people have no conscience when it comes to paying for illegal stuff.

A correlation (that I admit isn't perfect): I'm a healthy individual. I do not smoke. I do not drink. I exercise quite regularly. I have my entire life. I haven't required a trip to the hospital in my life (some luck involved, I know), and I rarely get sick. However, I make a real effort ot make sure my health is what it is. I don't frequent McDonald's or any other fast food restaurant, ever....much less 4 times a week like some. The point is, the money I pay for health insurance gets used by people who smoke, eat garbage, don't exercise, and drink like fish...and subsequently need all manner of medication and doctor visits just to keep them propped up alive. They get the same insurance as I do, generally at the same cost, even though they use much more of it.

I'm not going to look back in this thread for the quote, but someone said something to the effect of "I can't afford to pay $300 for a jersey, but at least I'm still supporting my team." That's complete mularkey. Not one dollar of what you spend on illegal merchandise goes to the team you "support." You're actually doing them a disservice.


The Montreal Canadiens even had a short campaign against counterfeit jerseys last season. Here's hoping not just more teams, but the entire league gets on board.

People who complain about the price are...

1. Not patient enough to save up to buy something legitimate. The company I work for has a layaway plan, yet nobody wants to use it!
2. Hypocrites. As you point out, buying a fake is doing the team they support a disservice.

and...


3. Do not realize that if more people were to buy real licensed Premier and Authentic jerseys, that prices wouldn't be as high as they are. The company I work for just raised prices of NFL replicas and premiers by $10. Why? They now cost us more to buy from Reebok. Why did Reebok raise their prices? Because they need to in order to make the profit they expect from the jerseys. Why? Because sales are low. Why? I guarantee you the fake market is just as big of a reason as the bad economy. Like it or not, a business needs to make a profit to survive. The jersey my store charges $130 for is only getting us roughly half that in profit. The $50 you send to China is all profit for the owner of the illegal business because it costs him nothing to have them made!


Last edited by Stripes: 08-04-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Stripes is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 08:17 PM
  #56
OOOOIIIO
Binary
 
OOOOIIIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Can you trolls get out of a thread that is about cheap jersey sites. Its not about if its legal or not, its not a matter of who it supports. Its a thread to discuss the locations and websites to buy them.

Go make a thread hating on knockoff jerseys and let us actually discuss what this thread is intended to be about.

OOOOIIIO is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 08:18 PM
  #57
Canadian91
Registered User
 
Canadian91's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Don't hate the player, hate the game? How about both? I hate the practice of selling licensed merchandise illegally. It makes the legitimate stuff more expensive for the rest of us. I hate the fact it's made available, and I hate the fact that people have no conscience when it comes to paying for illegal stuff.

A correlation (that I admit isn't perfect): I'm a healthy individual. I do not smoke. I do not drink. I exercise quite regularly. I have my entire life. I haven't required a trip to the hospital in my life (some luck involved, I know), and I rarely get sick. However, I make a real effort ot make sure my health is what it is. I don't frequent McDonald's or any other fast food restaurant, ever....much less 4 times a week like some. The point is, the money I pay for health insurance gets used by people who smoke, eat garbage, don't exercise, and drink like fish...and subsequently need all manner of medication and doctor visits just to keep them propped up alive. They get the same insurance as I do, generally at the same cost, even though they use much more of it.

I'm not going to look back in this thread for the quote, but someone said something to the effect of "I can't afford to pay $300 for a jersey, but at least I'm still supporting my team." That's complete mularkey. Not one dollar of what you spend on illegal merchandise goes to the team you "support." You're actually doing them a disservice.
People aren't supporting their team by paying them. What people mean when they say that they are still supporting their team, is that they are showing their support. It's not mularkey... then again, I guess it depends on the way that you look at it, but I think that many people's views differ from yours.

Canadian91 is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 08:41 PM
  #58
Fedorov91*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
ebay - if you wait long enough something that you really want will show up - or you could save up and Christmas is around the corner.

For me it's about quality and you can get REAL cheap ones on ebay. Spend a little more now, save a lot in the end. Just get something you really want

Fedorov91* is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 09:07 PM
  #59
allfive6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to allfive6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov91 View Post
ebay - if you wait long enough something that you really want will show up - or you could save up and Christmas is around the corner.

For me it's about quality and you can get REAL cheap ones on ebay. Spend a little more now, save a lot in the end. Just get something you really want

Ebay has more fake jerseys that anyone and i am sure you think just because they look real and sell for over a $100 there real but odds are you got a fake.
Simple fact of the matter is Fakes can and often do look as good or better than the real thing, sure sometimes you get crap but it cost $35 so who cares. Not to mention sometimes you get **** when you order the real thing too The first Gilmour jersey i ordered from http://shop.canada.nhl.com had the wrong number set $300 few years back. Now i can forgive a knock off site for mess up like that cause it cost me $35 but not when it cost $300.

allfive6 is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 09:30 PM
  #60
mmajeski06
Registered User
 
mmajeski06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
People aren't supporting their team by paying them. What people mean when they say that they are still supporting their team, is that they are showing their support. It's not mularkey... then again, I guess it depends on the way that you look at it, but I think that many people's views differ from yours.
And not to mention those who buy fakes, and then go to games and purchase other merchandise, beer / food. For some spending 300 dollars leaves them with no money to go to a game. So what would be the point of getting a jersey in the first place.

And if you say that is just laziness, I say go back to college and work a crappy minimum wage job and see if you can support yourself / social life / girlfriend and still have enough money to justify a 300 dollar jersey purchase, and still go to a few games and support your team. Oh, and then spill mustard on said 300 dollar jersey.

Oh well enough of this debate, there is no way either side is going to change their opinion.

mmajeski06 is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 09:39 PM
  #61
Fedorov91*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfive6 View Post
Ebay has more fake jerseys that anyone and i am sure you think just because they look real and sell for over a $100 there real but odds are you got a fake.
Simple fact of the matter is Fakes can and often do look as good or better than the real thing, sure sometimes you get crap but it cost $35 so who cares. Not to mention sometimes you get **** when you order the real thing too The first Gilmour jersey i ordered from http://shop.canada.nhl.com had the wrong number set $300 few years back. Now i can forgive a knock off site for mess up like that cause it cost me $35 but not when it cost $300.
okay maybe I should have been more specific. I do not mean brand new fake jerseys from china on ebay for $50-$100. Talking pre-owned/ trusted sellers ....

.....and also more importantly doing your own homework.

That being said I stick by my conclusion because I have had amazing success on ebay (and http://www.prorussianjerseys.com). And you can find new jersey replicas on sale at stores if you shop around.

But the majority of the fake jerseys sites are from china and well...if you can show a site for $35 with shipping and with "better than the real thing" quality, please share, because I think you just woke up.

Fedorov91* is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 09:48 PM
  #62
djcreepshow
Registered User
 
djcreepshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Hey look, a cheap jersey!! This is the Bossy jersey I got from tarajersey.com. I'm very pleased with it!









djcreepshow is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 09:56 PM
  #63
PlagerBros*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Two comments:

1) You guys do realize that the pics are simply a pic of one jersey, not what every one will look like. If the lettering is a bit crooked that does not mean all will be that way.

2) People like stripes need to get out of this thread. If you don't like or agree with the topic then don't post in the thread. It's pretty simple.

PlagerBros* is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 10:03 PM
  #64
djcreepshow
Registered User
 
djcreepshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagerBros View Post
Two comments:

1) You guys do realize that the pics are simply a pic of one jersey, not what every one will look like. If the lettering is a bit crooked that does not mean all will be that way.

2) People like stripes need to get out of this thread. If you don't like or agree with the topic then don't post in the thread. It's pretty simple.
Exactly.

djcreepshow is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 10:33 PM
  #65
Illmatic Stoic
Registered User
 
Illmatic Stoic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,923
vCash: 500
anyone know a site where they sell legit jerseys for cheaper than stores?

Illmatic Stoic is offline  
Old
08-04-2010, 11:19 PM
  #66
Illmatic Stoic
Registered User
 
Illmatic Stoic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,923
vCash: 500
???? Bumping this to the top

Illmatic Stoic is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 06:34 AM
  #67
Droc
Classless
 
Droc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In my house.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
3. Do not realize that if more people were to buy real licensed Premier and Authentic jerseys, that prices wouldn't be as high as they are. The company I work for just raised prices of NFL replicas and premiers by $10. Why? They now cost us more to buy from Reebok. Why did Reebok raise their prices? Because they need to in order to make the profit they expect from the jerseys. Why? Because sales are low. Why? I guarantee you the fake market is just as big of a reason as the bad economy. Like it or not, a business needs to make a profit to survive. The jersey my store charges $130 for is only getting us roughly half that in profit. The $50 you send to China is all profit for the owner of the illegal business because it costs him nothing to have them made!
Poor, poor reebok. Those poor billionaire.
Hes right y'all, if we all stopped buying fake jerseys, they would drop the price, because you know, the only reason a company that clears +$10 billion a year would ever raise prices is because they are forced to, not out of trying to make more profit/greed.
RBK is selling more jerseys now then they have ever before, and their prices are still going up.

I get what your saying, and in some situations it might be the case, but dont make RBK out like a company that doesnt raise the prices of its products every chance it gets. Find me a product that RBK sells that they reduced the regular price on the next years model. Shoes, skates, clothing etc.

Droc is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 07:31 AM
  #68
OOOOIIIO
Binary
 
OOOOIIIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Is there some sort of list of all the reputable sites out there? I know there was one earlier but it looks like it got taken down, if you dont mind PMing me whoever posted that would be awsome.

OOOOIIIO is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 11:18 AM
  #69
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Geographical Oddity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes View Post

3. ... Because sales are low. Why? I guarantee you the fake market is just as big of a reason as the bad economy. Like it or not, a business needs to make a profit to survive. The jersey my store charges $130 for is only getting us roughly half that in profit. The $50 you send to China is all profit for the owner of the illegal business because it costs him nothing to have them made!
I would venture to guess that another possible reason that RBK's sales are low is because their product still sucks. The authentics are waaay too expensive and the replicas have that embarassing plastic shoulder patch. I still can't believe that they actually did this (and that the NHL allowed them to do it).

And if it's a RBK knockoff from China, I'm still not buying it - it's ****! well, fake ****.

My jersey buying budget has been reduced to looking for CCM and/or Koho jerseys on ebay.

Butch 19 is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 11:55 AM
  #70
camcool21
Registered User
 
camcool21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,420
vCash: 500
If you buy from a cheap jersey site, it's a crapshoot.

Plus, the legit jerseys from the nhl website aren't even that much as long as you leave it blank (which I would do anyway...why pay for a jersey with a guy's name on it that could not be with the team next year?).

Buffalo Sabres 3rd Jersey for $115

Buffalo Sabres Primary Jersey for $95

CCM Sabres Primary Home Replica Jersey for $42

camcool21 is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 12:12 PM
  #71
OOOOIIIO
Binary
 
OOOOIIIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcool21 View Post
If you buy from a cheap jersey site, it's a crapshoot.

Plus, the legit jerseys from the nhl website aren't even that much as long as you leave it blank (which I would do anyway...why pay for a jersey with a guy's name on it that could not be with the team next year?).

Buffalo Sabres 3rd Jersey for $115

Buffalo Sabres Primary Jersey for $95

CCM Sabres Primary Home Replica Jersey for $42
Replica is garbage in my opinion. If its not going to be authentic anyway I would rather get a swen together jersey for way cheaper than a heat pressed equally poorly made jersey.

By the way if I can get a jersey for $35 why would I spend 3 times that on something still not authentic.

OOOOIIIO is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 12:49 PM
  #72
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcool21 View Post
If you buy from a cheap jersey site, it's a crapshoot.

Plus, the legit jerseys from the nhl website aren't even that much as long as you leave it blank (which I would do anyway...why pay for a jersey with a guy's name on it that could not be with the team next year?).

Buffalo Sabres 3rd Jersey for $115

Buffalo Sabres Primary Jersey for $95

CCM Sabres Primary Home Replica Jersey for $42
My problem with replicas from NHL.com is the shoulder patches are screened on crap ever since the new RBK edge jerseys came in. If your team has no shoulder patches(Like mine) you're fine, but if it does your getting something from the official store of the league that is of lesser quality than if I go to somewhere like icejerseys for a little bit more and I can get authentic lettering and numbering on the replica jersey as well.

Also I imagine it should be a problem the fact fans tell fans to avoid the official league shop if you are buying a replica jersey.

TheFlyingV is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 01:25 PM
  #73
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 16,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
My problem with replicas from NHL.com is the shoulder patches are screened on crap ever since the new RBK edge jerseys came in. If your team has no shoulder patches(Like mine) you're fine, but if it does your getting something from the official store of the league that is of lesser quality than if I go to somewhere like icejerseys for a little bit more and I can get authentic lettering and numbering on the replica jersey as well.

Also I imagine it should be a problem the fact fans tell fans to avoid the official league shop if you are buying a replica jersey.
Its my huge complaint with RBK as well, their replicas suck compared to the old CCM replicas, the old CCM replicas, and even pro player and starter replicas were way better than the RBK replicas of today.

I think the gap between CCM pro and replicas wasn't that huge, so most people opted for replicas w/ pro stitching. I think RBK changed their plan to make a way bigger difference between replica and authentique, so more people would pony up for the authentique.
It's a strategy that worked for people and suckers like me, as any new RBK jersey I get now is a RBK authentique because I just dont like the quality of the replicas.

I think this is one reason why the fake market is pretty big, people are comparing these jerseys to replicas, and would rather have these, which I don't blame people for at all. If RBK really wants to do something about it, they should start putting out quality replicas like CCM jerseys did IE all stitched and quality material, and I think you might start to see people rather have a legit replica jersey with pro stitching over these fakes.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 03:35 PM
  #74
mmajeski06
Registered User
 
mmajeski06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Its my huge complaint with RBK as well, their replicas suck compared to the old CCM replicas, the old CCM replicas, and even pro player and starter replicas were way better than the RBK replicas of today.

I think the gap between CCM pro and replicas wasn't that huge, so most people opted for replicas w/ pro stitching. I think RBK changed their plan to make a way bigger difference between replica and authentique, so more people would pony up for the authentique.
It's a strategy that worked for people and suckers like me, as any new RBK jersey I get now is a RBK authentique because I just dont like the quality of the replicas.

I think this is one reason why the fake market is pretty big, people are comparing these jerseys to replicas, and would rather have these, which I don't blame people for at all. If RBK really wants to do something about it, they should start putting out quality replicas like CCM jerseys did IE all stitched and quality material, and I think you might start to see people rather have a legit replica jersey with pro stitching over these fakes.
Everyone keeps saying, "don't buy fakes, you'll feel so cheated when they arrive!", yet the most cheated I have ever felt was when I bought a replica from NHL.com. 150 dollars, everything just ironed on and it looked like crap. The nameplate was a complete different shade of white and the wrong material. The fake stitching was blurred and looked terrible close up. Worst 150 dollars I have ever spent. That's the experience you get from the league store itself, and I'm supposed to feel guilty for buying a fake?

Now ice jerseys and SportsK are a whole different story. The quality is amazing, but I can't justify dropping 160-170 dollars on a jersey unless it is something special like my Devils Daneyko throwback.

mmajeski06 is offline  
Old
08-05-2010, 05:23 PM
  #75
allfive6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to allfive6
Hey lets all try this

Buy fakes if you want to buy fakes and accept sometimes they might not be perfect

OR

Buy the real deal if you don't mind over paying for them.

Either way lets leave the other people to do what they want


Last edited by allfive6: 08-06-2010 at 04:11 PM.
allfive6 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.