HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Pick

View Poll Results: Who would you take on the board at six
Ladd 34 55.74%
Tukonen 9 14.75%
Radulov 6 9.84%
Thelen 3 4.92%
Schremp 7 11.48%
Stafford 2 3.28%
Smid 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2004, 03:59 PM
Unknownbutfamous

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
Rangers Pick

If Olesz, Oveckin, Malkin, and Barker were gone
who would you take?
(we are skipping PHO pick because it is tough to predict)

Old
05-26-2004, 04:23 PM
True Blue

Ladd if available, otherwise Thelen

Old
05-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Barnaby

You beat me to it... I was going to post something like this

I'll agree with TB... Ladd then Thelen.

Radulov intrigues me as well, but I would have to really interview him, and study his attitude. I just don't like the way russians are trained with that cold emotionless attitude ala Yashin. If Radulov can be fiery like Kovalchuk, and his other attitude problems are minor then I might take him.

Old
05-26-2004, 05:12 PM
bmoak

From what the reports say, Radulov is as far from the stereotype of the cold, emotionless Russian as you can get.

I'm still going Ladd, then Radulov.

Old
05-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Radulov intrigues me as well, but I would have to really interview him, and study his attitude. I just don't like the way russians are trained with that cold emotionless attitude ala Yashin. If Radulov can be fiery like Kovalchuk, and his other attitude problems are minor then I might take him.

Supposedley that is the book on Radulov...He is often referred to as TOO EMOTIONAL....

Read this article on Radulov...http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=287182

Old
05-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Supposedley that is the book on Radulov...He is often referred to as TOO EMOTIONAL....

Read this article on Radulov...http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=287182
His talent seems great, if I'm the Rangers I bring him in for a LONG interview and do my HW on him. I'm not totally sold on the attitude thing, but I'm a sucker for intensity

Old
05-26-2004, 05:28 PM
Prucha73

I don't see how Radulov is better choice than Tukonen. Tukonen is bigger, has already played a season in elite league, has shown more scoring, and does not have any attitude problems. Not that I worry too much about Radulov's attitude, I just think Tukonen overall is a better choice at #6.

Old
05-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
From what the reports say, Radulov is as far from the stereotype of the cold, emotionless Russian as you can get.

I'm still going Ladd, then Radulov.

If anything, the problem i have with 'A-Rad' is how he reacts to adverse situations.
He doesn' get a refs call? He sulks, disappears for awhile. Same thing when he gets reprimanded by his coach, his play becomes nonexistent.

He's young, so maybe it's just a question of maturity.
I just don't like how easily the guy can get knocked off his game.

Old
05-26-2004, 05:34 PM
bleedgreen

i think you guys should take schremp - i think he will be a high skill offensive player, and the rangers could really use that. outside of the top 2 - he is the one with the star talent. i dont buy into the whole bad attitude thing. i think ladd will be an excellent second liner - ditto tukonen. rangers need stars and i think schremp will be one.

Old
05-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
I don't see how Radulov is better choice than Tukonen. Tukonen is bigger, has already played a season in elite league, has shown more scoring, and does not have any attitude problems. Not that I worry too much about Radulov's attitude, I just think Tukonen overall is a better choice at #6.
First off, this all boils down to opinions and I could easily say the opposite such as "I don't see how Tukonen is a better choice then Radulov" but that doesn't make sense (nor does the other way around).....Tukonen will be a fine pick..But he's a totally different player then Radulov..You want a more physical, straight ahead player then Tukonen is your man (as is Ladd)..If you want somebody with more speed, playmaking ability and high end skill, Radulov might be your pick.....Nobody is wrong...untill 5-6 years down the line...

Old
05-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
First off, this all boils down to opinions and I could easily say the opposite such as "I don't see how Tukonen is a better choice then Radulov" but that doesn't make sense (nor does the other way around).....Tukonen will be a fine pick..But he's a totally different player then Radulov..You want a more physical, straight ahead player then Tukonen is your man (as is Ladd)..If you want somebody with more speed, playmaking ability and high end skill, Radulov might be your pick.....Nobody is wrong...untill 5-6 years down the line...
I think if you want high end skill and playmaking, then Schremp is your guy. Tukonen also outscored Radulov in the U18 WJC.

Old
05-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
I think if you want high end skill and playmaking, then Schremp is your guy. Tukonen also outscored Radulov in the U18 WJC.
Nope , Radulov is my guy...Schremp has even more baggage for a #6 pick and I have seen him not give a crap about defense...But I would take him later (if Radulov wasn't picked at #6) because we dearly need a play making center also....And points aren't everything...There are too many other things to consider--ice time, line mates, team-mates, opponents, offense generated, two way play, speciality team play, etc....Suffice to say, both Tukonen and Radulov had excellent tournaments.

Old
05-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Unknownbutfamous

Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
I like this kid Tukonen! I could see him as a safe pick and could be a good second liner or a first liner

Old
05-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Nope , Radulov is my guy...Schremp has even more baggage for a #6 pick and I have seen him not give a crap about defense...But I would take him later (if Radulov wasn't picked at #6) because we dearly need a play making center also....And points aren't everything...There are too many other things to consider--ice time, line mates, team-mates, opponents, offense generated, two way play, speciality team play, etc....Suffice to say, both Tukonen and Radulov had excellent tournaments.

yes definitely, but unfortunately I can't comment on anything besides stats and what I read about them, because I never seen them play. I just hope our scouting staff doesn't pick a bust or a 3rd liner at #6. Also if Wolski or Schremp slip to our 2nd 1st rounder I would love to take a chance on either of them.

Last edited by Prucha73: 05-26-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old
05-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

i really like ladd but i choose tukonen. he can flat out play hockey. i know he had some great linemates but i think he made them play better. he could easily step into the lineup next season.

Ladd and jessiman are similar players and are projects.

this is all mute because i think the rangers are going to draft stafford at 6 if olesz is gone.

Old
05-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
i really like ladd but i choose tukonen. he can flat out play hockey. i know he had some great linemates but i think he made them play better. he could easily step into the lineup next season.

Ladd and jessiman are similar players and are projects.

this is all mute because i think the rangers are going to draft stafford at 6 if olesz is gone.
Why Stafford? Because of some stupid Oilers connection that Larry Brooks dug up? Stafford would probable be available at teens, we might as well trade down if we are after him.

Old
05-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
yes definitely, but unfortunately I can't comment on anything besides stats and what I read about them, because I never seen them play. I just hope our scouting staff doesn't pick a bust or a 3rd liner at #6. Also if Wolski or Schremp slip to our 2nd 1st rounder I would love to take a chance on either of them.
No way in the world does Schremp drop to 26 or 25... whatever it ends up as after the finals are over. If Schremp drops to 10-12 then I definately try to get him. He doesnt drop lower then that. I really don't think he would drop past 12... his talent level is just too high. I do like the guy, just not at 6. He could be the top center in the draft or a bust... but potential is there...

Old
05-26-2004, 06:33 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
No way in the world does Schremp drop to 26 or 25... whatever it ends up as after the finals are over. If Schremp drops to 10-12 then I definately try to get him. He doesnt drop lower then that. I really don't think he would drop past 12... his talent level is just too high. I do like the guy, just not at 6. He could be the top center in the draft or a bust... but potential is there...
Many say that he could drop into 20's, you never know.

Old
05-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
who? name two sources

Old
05-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Why Stafford? Because of some stupid Oilers connection that Larry Brooks dug up? Stafford would probable be available at teens, we might as well trade down if we are after him.
i wrote i think the rangers are after stafford which is why i wrote "this is all mute because i think the rangers are going to draft stafford at 6 if olesz is gone."

its called an opinion

Old
05-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
who? name two sources
Not necessarily official sources. But he has dropped in the rankings. CSB has him at #10 NA skater, which is around 20th overall.

Old
05-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Not necessarily official sources. But he has dropped in the rankings. CSB has him at #10 NA skater, which is around 20th overall.
using what logic?

Old
05-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
using what logic?

Using the logic that they rate goalies and european players seperately.

Old
05-26-2004, 07:24 PM
KFC

I like tukonen he has the potential to be a very very good power foward but he is raw and we already have a project named hugh jessimen i'd think id rather see them take radulov beacuse his skills are already more developed and under no circumstance do i want them to take schremp because i think that attitude is trouble. I don't dislike olesz but he didn't put up very impressive offfensive numbers last year and i don't buy that he played for a deffenisve minded coach as an excuse for lack of production. I myself have to see the players put up nice numbers before i label them a great player, I just think he may be a little overrated considering his numbers last year.

I'd just like to add that what i really want is for the rags to trade up for the 1st or 2nd pick and take Ovechkin or malkin, one of the two primere players in the draft and keep their 6th pick and take a project Radulov, Tukkonen, or maybee thelen or olesz

Old
05-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
I know there are no certainties in life, but barring incredible legal trouble or some serious medical condition Schremp no way falls to the 20's. He's one of the 3-4 most talented players in the draft. His attitude has been questioned, but noone who really knows the draft even considers he'll fall THAT low. 10-13 is falling.... 25-26 is a dream.

Closed Thread