HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

I wonder what Laviolette is thinking??

Old
08-04-2010, 11:01 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
I'm curious how the Lavi/Zherdev thing works out. Lavi is a hustle guy, if Zherdev (and JVR for that matter) aren't willing to work it's going to be chateau bow wow for them.
WTF? JVR is lazy and doesnt work hard? what a load of crap that is. if anything the guy hit the wall last season. big time. I felt the guy always was out there trying and skating as best he could. being lazy and what other adjetive you want to use is completely wrong.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I agree with you to some extent. What destroys me is that, we had 5 NHL defenseman on this roster (Pronger, Kimmo, Carle, Coburn, Bartulis). One of, if not the biggest need we had was suring up the third pairing. So what did Homer do? He acquired THREE defenseman at a cost of 7 million dollars. W.T.F?
The irony is that I have heard the excuse that Homer needed to dump some salary......well he didn't, he added salary and years, it is the shell game at its best. Bottom line, here were the needs that should have been addressed:

1) Goalie- not done, weaker than last season going into game one
2) RW- add Zherdev, lost Gagne on the LW, step back from last season
3) depth d-man- O'Donnell was a great move, still not clear about Meszaros, but we'll see...upgrade
4) trade a center to make room- this was the one issue which I think Homer failed completely. He had the piece to make a move and solidify this team and several needs with one move, but because he decided that Jeff Carter was untouchable he limited what he could move and get value in return, thus the low value on Gagne.
5) clear some cap space- Still up against the cap, will need to still find a goalie, Carter, Giroux, Leino, and Zherdev could all be looking for increases.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Well said.

It's like moving out on your own for the first time, and you send your roommate to pick up groceries. He comes home with twinkies and a bag of pretzels. Now, there isn't anything wrong with twinkies or pretzels, except that what you really needed was a loaf of bread, some cold meat, and toilet paper. You're out of money and can't get the things you really need, and you're likely pissed with your roomie for being stupid.
You 'send' your roomate to pick up your groceries for you? What planet do you live on? Where do you find roommates like these?

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 08:15 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
You 'send' your roomate to pick up your groceries for you? What planet do you live on? Where do you find roommates like these?
I married him a long time ago!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I married him a long time ago!
So you made an honest man out of him

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 08:46 AM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealeStreetTyrant View Post
I think Lavi runs a tight ship, and we'll see what happens through training camp...chumps like the Shelley and O'Donnell will have their work cut out for them.

It would have been interesting to see Lavi's reaction to these off season signings!! And as long as he's the coach, he'll decide the ice time for these guys.

I would not be surprised at all to see some *more* cap space available towards October/November!
i mean its not like they are just joining the NHL. These guys know how to get in and stay in shape, no doubt.

that said...have you SEEN Blair Betts' abs? Honestly i dont think he has an ounce of fat on him, and i think the reason our 'veterans' are in such good shape is in PART due to lavi. i fear for hartnell/timonen though, i really hope timonen was gimped last year from playoff injuries and not age :/

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 09:35 AM
jb**

Lavy is thinking that the league wide specualtion really is true that the flyers dont value goaltending at all

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote