HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Pittsburgh/Boston/Edmonton 3-Way

Old
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
kmillzy5

vCash: 500
I remember my first 3-way..

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
gino718711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakunitz23 View Post
Joe Colborne NHL Stats:

Jordan Eberle NHL Stats:

Alex Goligoski NHL Stats: 14-45-59 in 117 games, +14

PLAYOFF STATS: 2-8-10 in 15 games played, +3

Therefore, Goligoski>eberle and colborne, until the other 2 actually play some NHL games.
I c what your saying but in trade value Eberle is worth more than Gologoski because of his Potienal. I really dont know about Colborne I would say Gogo for Colborne is a decent trade.

gino718711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Joe Colborne NHL Stats:

Jordan Eberle NHL Stats:

Therefore, Goligoski>eberle and colborne, until the other 2 actually play some NHL games.
No offense, but that is a bonehead comment. Goligoski is good, but you have to judge upside and potential. Unless you are the late 90's Leafs and Rangers, where you trade every prospect and pick for someone who had good stats at some point. Didn't work well for them either.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Joe Colborne NHL Stats:

Jordan Eberle NHL Stats:

Rory Fitzpatrick NHL Stats: 10-25-35 in 287 games, -48

Taylor Hall NHL Stats:

Therefore, Fitzpatrick > Hall

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Boston can sign Fitzpatrick and then flip him to Edmonton, they'd be stupid not to give up Hall for Fitzpatrick!!

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 10:55 AM
gino718711

^

gino718711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:07 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by gino718711 View Post
I c what your saying but in trade value Eberle is worth more than Gologoski because of his Potienal. I really dont know about Colborne I would say Gogo for Colborne is a decent trade.
Would be if the cap numbers worked out. But as it stands. They don't.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
Rory Fitzpatrick NHL Stats: 10-25-35 in 287 games, -48

Taylor Hall NHL Stats:

Therefore, Fitzpatrick > Hall

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Boston can sign Fitzpatrick and then flip him to Edmonton, they'd be stupid not to give up Hall for Fitzpatrick!!
Hey back off the Canucks were gearing up to trade Alberts + Hordichuk for him! Thats a way better deal seeing how its 2 players who play in the NHL for one who doesn't!

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Ikarn Johal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
The Bruins - Would say yes but have no room to play him him. So that essentially a no.

The Oilers - Would say no. Eberle > Colborne. Eberle and Hall played together very effectively on WJC squad.

Pens - Would say no. Do they really have the defensive depth to part with an up and coming offensive defensemen?
Eberle for Golo ... Why would they say no?

Ikarn Johal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Eberle and Colborne are the same age. One is the all time leading Canadian goal scorer in the WJCs, and made the team 2x. The other was never even selected. Colborne, because of his size and skill is an intriguing prospect, but is nowhere near Eberle in value.

I not only would trade Colborne for Eberle, but I'd even add our own 1st this year to do it.
Yeah, but Eberle's profile isn't a heck of a lot different from Brad Marchand at the same age. Brad made the WJC 2x as well, and scored some big goals.

I think there are at least 10 GM's in the league who would take Colborne over Eberle. The value is pretty close.

As a side note, I would love to see how people rated Eberle minus those two or three huge WJC goals that made him a national hero. Granted, he's a clutch player--but I think he's gettting a lot of milage out of those goals.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:22 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarn Johal View Post
Eberle for Golo ... Why would they say no?
Even if they say yes the deal is dead because Boston can't take on salary without sending any out and Edmonton easily says no.

Old
08-03-2010, 11:24 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
Yeah, but Eberle's profile isn't a heck of a lot different from Brad Marchand at the same age. Brad made the WJC 2x as well, and scored some big goals.

I think there are at least 10 GM's in the league who would take Colborne over Eberle. The value is pretty close.

As a side note, I would love to see how people rated Eberle minus those two or three huge WJC goals that made him a national hero. Granted, he's a clutch player--but I think he's gettting a lot of milage out of those goals.
He's played 20 games in the AHL and has 23 point. I think the talent we saw at the WJCs is translating fine into the pros.

Old
08-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:

It's not just 2 or 3 goals. It's scoring more goals in the WJC than any Canadian EVER. Brad Marchand didn't do that.

Then there's the whole thing about Marchand being a 30 goal scorer in the QMJHL and Eberle being a 50 goal scorer in the WHL.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

I find it interesting across the board how highly we all rate WJC players from the OHL and WHL but we know next to nothing about the NCAA players.

Just goes to show you how influential the WJC is on Canadian hockey fans, and how powerful the Junior hockey program is in Canada.

Colborne is showing as much skill and potential at the camps and the AHL stint as Eberle looked. I still think Edmonton keeps Eberle in this deal, but Colborne is a lot better than people outside of Boston and Denver give him credit for.

Funny enough, the only other people I have spoken to about Colborne that are really high on him are the Flames fans.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

I think a lot of people are underrating the value of Goligoski in this thread. That said I still dont think Edmonton would ever do Eberle for Goligoski straight up so they likely dont do the deal....and Pittsburgh would never do Goligoski for Colborne straight up so they dont do the deal either.

It's one thing to rate Eberle so high but people thinking about rating Colborne right up top with him is a little nuts in my opinion.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
I find it interesting across the board how highly we all rate WJC players from the OHL and WHL but we know next to nothing about the NCAA players.

Just goes to show you how influential the WJC is on Canadian hockey fans, and how powerful the Junior hockey program is in Canada.

Colborne is showing as much skill and potential at the camps and the AHL stint as Eberle looked. I still think Edmonton keeps Eberle in this deal, but Colborne is a lot better than people outside of Boston and Denver give him credit for.

Funny enough, the only other people I have spoken to about Colborne that are really high on him are the Flames fans.
It's great that Colborne looked great at the B's development camp. But doing drills and playing in scrimmages really isn't the same thing as playing against the best prospects in the world in the same age range.

It is possible that Colborne ends up better, as 6'5" talented forwards have high ceilings. But I remember when the Habs drafted the "big" Eric Chouinard over the "small" Simon Gagne.

Everything I've seen from Eberle tells me he is going to be a player in the NHL. Colborne still has some question marks.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Jamin

Quote:

point per game in the ahl helped his cause on the last place ahl team

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Besides Thomas' no trade clause he had a less than stellar season at 36 & now is coming off hip surgury. No team is going to touch his 5m cap hit. We've been trying to unload him since before the draft with no takers in sight. So yes there is no way a Thomas deal makes this possible unless you see a team the rest of us don't willing to take his contract?
I think it all depends on the asking price. But let's operate under the assumption that Thomas can be moved, if you're skeptical.

Quote:
Because there is no need to do it. We fit everyone under the cap after we trade/waive Ryder. So in this respect why would the 2nd worse team offensively in the league last year trade there best offensive player on a good contract for nothing if they don't have to?
I missed the bit about Savard and assumed you meant that the Bruins wouldn't do a soft deal in principle (ie Ryder/Thomas).

That said, I was under the impression that Savard on the block despite being the Bruins' best offensive player on a good contract anyway, so I don't see why that's a logical barrier to the proceedings.

Quote:
Sturm, Ryder, Recchi are all done after this year. Wheeler could easily leave after this year as well. That's 3 of our top 4 wingers gone. We need wingers just as bad if not worse than defensemen. He may not be a winger but he's being groomed into one for the franchise that drafted him.
If that's your belief, then yeah, this deal wouldn't make much sense for you.

Quote:
Bottom line. I'd easily trade for Goligoski but the cost of a trade to fit him on our team this year would be to dump both Ryder & Savard for nothing. And then trade our next highest ranked prospect after Seguin. Just for Goligoski. That's not a good move for our franchise.
But if a) the Bruins are intent on dealing Savard regardless (as seems to be the case, for whatever reason) and b) Ryder is the next logical movable piece because he's not performing to his contract, it would seem to make sense to move a surplus prospect to address an organizational need.

Warm Cookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
What makes Philly's situation so different from Boston...Um, maybe the fact that Gagne's $5.25million contract is set to expire after this season, whereas Savard is signed to a $4million contract for the rest of his career. I would say that alone makes the situation apples and oranges. One guy is a rental at this point, the other guy is signed until he retires.
I was under the assumption that you thought Boston was against moving Savard in a soft deal in principle. Didn't think there was any opposition to the idea that there would be a market for him.

Quote:
I'm going to assume that they either didn't watch him play at Denver last year, or that you did watch him play but are willingly choosing to ignore facts. He played wing all last year in the WCHA and posted a PPG. Not to mention he's gone on record now multiple times saying that he's comfortable playing any forward position they want him to. You can make the argument that moving Seguin to wing is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, but that argument holds no weight in regards to Colborne. He might end up a center in the NHL, but he's proven to be a more than capable winger in a very good league.
Believe a Penguins fan when he says that putting a natural playmaking center on the wing is often a more difficult transition than anticipated. Even if they score well in the NCAA. Even if they put up a PPG in the AHL.

Quote:
I know you think this is a good deal for everyone involved...but it's not. I'm a bigger Goligoski fan than most (I live in Minny, etc), but he's got some major holes in his game from his own red line in, and I'm not sure those are ever going to go away. I'd take him on Boston for sure, but not at the cost Colborne at this point, and I bet the Boston front office feels the same way.
That's your prerogative.

Though up until his injury last year Gogs was more than adequate defensively. And if you're looking for a PMD who can not only put up around 40 points but a lock to play well in his own end, well, I don't think it's an exaggeration to suggest it would take more than Colborne, especially if the player in question is in his mid-20s.

Old
08-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
Why even involve Edmonton?

Colbourne-for-Goligoski straight up seems to accomplish the same thing (Boston gets a defenseman, Pittsburgh gets a forward).

However, Eberle is better than both.
The Pens don't need another natural center-to-wing project. We already have at least 3 on the go.

Old
08-03-2010, 01:31 PM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:

One of the biggest misconceptions around here, Eberle has excelled at every level including the AHL now and at the World Championships against NHLers, he was also one of the best players at Oilers training camp last offseason but didn't make the team due to them not wanting to rush him so he has done a lot besides the WJC heroics to earn his status as a top prospect.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:33 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Joe Colborne NHL Stats:

Jordan Eberle NHL Stats:

So by what you are saying because a player has played in the NHL they are worth more. Shake your head. Even if Eberle ended up being a bust in 3 years time at this point in time his stock is so high in Edmonton at this point you would have to throw Staal in the deal.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:38 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post

Colborne has 0 goals, 2 assists and 2 PIM in 6 games in the AHL. Eberle had 3 goals, 6 assists and 4 PIM in his first 9 games in the AHL (first season), and 6 goals, 8 assists, and 0 PIM in his 11 game stretch this year. Eberle is over a point per game in the AHL, Colborne is averaging one point every three games. How are they showing the same potential? Eberle almost made the Oilers last year, Colborne wasn't close to making the NHL. Sorry, Colborne may be a really good NHL player, but he hasn't shown the scoring ability that the Eberle has yet.

Old
08-03-2010, 01:39 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:

Being CHL player of the year and scoring at over a point per game pace has helped the hype too. Its not all about those big goals.

Old
08-03-2010, 01:40 PM
The Bored Man
5-14-6-1

What's the low down on Colbourne? Oilers could use some future help at centre. I've heard comparisons to Joe Thornton but those are some pretty high expectations....

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Serpico4ever

Boston's had one of the top D's in the league the last couple of years. Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuck and Hunwick are all mobile defenseman that will be much better off without Wideman in the fold.

I would trade Colborne for Eberle straight up, but I wouldn't expect Edmonton to. Regardless, I'm happy with big Joe in our system, he has as much upside as most other blue chip prospects.

I actually like the B's as they are right now, and wouldn't mind seeing them go into the season as is. The only upgrade I think they should make are moving Ference's contract, and getting an upgrade for Paille. Ryder at least can be stashed in Providence. No need to move our 2nd best prospect.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote