HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

***Official Off-Season Trade Proposals/Rumours Thread*** Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2010, 06:21 PM
FlapJackKing
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topside View Post
Without Kelly our PK goes from meh to oh god no.
As stated above, 8th overall last year is hardly meh...

The thing people need to account for is injuries. Guys will be injured early and often and this depth will be tested.

The only guy I'm not thrilled with is Shannon. I've seen this guy in the gym and he is very small, in general and not just for a hockey player. Other than that it's business as usual for me.

Old
08-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Rumor is that Forsberg may be going to the Leafs, would make total sense considering their centerman issues and Burke's ever desire to add contracts till he hits the max number.

Old
08-03-2010, 07:37 PM
The Fuhr*

If he is healthy which will be a huge gigantic if... but if he is and plays at a high level that could be a very solid piece to have around the trade deadline.

Old
08-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Pringles

now this is based on the opinion that the sens will move a forward (or two)

anyone see Torres as an option for the sens? played spezza's win in juniors, tough, solid skater and could be had on the cheap

Old
08-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Topside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSfreak_03 View Post
Granted we lost A-Train, but I would hardly say our PK is meh.
The loss of Volchenkov is big for the PK, imo. Not enough to make it bad, but just meh. Anytime you trade out Volchenkov for Gonchar, it's going to affect the PK (and a big effect on the PP).

On paper, anyway. And the loss of Kelly might not be devestating, but on paper it would really downgrade our PK, I think.

Old
08-03-2010, 08:59 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Michalek - Spezza - Alfredson
Regin - Fisher - Kovalev
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Foligno - Z. Smith - Winchester/Shannon

Kuba - Gonchar
Phillips - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner/Lee

Leclaire - Elliott
We can start with a 21 man roster.
- make the only real battle in camp between Shannon & Z.Smith... winner is on the team.
- Campoli and Carkner can both play wing. Though I'd personally just use Lee up front for short term injuries instead of starting D-men.

Old
08-03-2010, 09:10 PM
DefenseMinister

I think it's fairly obvious that the Sens will go with a 22 man roster. It's what they've done the past 2 seasons.

Old
08-03-2010, 09:17 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topside View Post
The loss of Volchenkov is big for the PK, imo. Not enough to make it bad, but just meh. Anytime you trade out Volchenkov for Gonchar, it's going to affect the PK (and a big effect on the PP).

On paper, anyway. And the loss of Kelly might not be devestating, but on paper it would really downgrade our PK, I think.
Carkner was pretty awesome on the PK. I'm not too worried.

I agree with the Kelly part and what Furh said with no point in moving Kelly unless someone out of camp steps up and makes him expendable.

Old
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
TheHMan

Carkner was 'OK' on the PK. I'm kinda hoping that Lee has a strong camp and makes his way into the lineup from time to time to play on the PK and maybe show up as a physical presence or something like that.

I'm not so worried about our D 5-on-5. People may chalk up our shutdown efforts to Anton, but I'm a firm believer that we played a team brand of Defense and the forwards factored heavily into the way we played Defense in our own zone. If Clouston can run a tight ship and get everyone playing the right kind of game, then we should do great with the guys we have.

Old
08-03-2010, 09:51 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseMinister View Post
I think it's fairly obvious that the Sens will go with a 22 man roster. It's what they've done the past 2 seasons.
Do you mean 21? They've had 7 defensemen and 12 forwards, but I don't remember an extra forward. The 21st guy was always a swing man, Schubert until he was waived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza
Rumor is that Forsberg may be going to the Leafs, would make total sense considering their centerman issues and Burke's ever desire to add contracts till he hits the max number.
Why would Forsberg sign in Toronto? That makes no sense at all. If he comes back, he'll want to go to a contender.

Last edited by The Mars Volchenkov: 08-03-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
If he is healthy which will be a huge gigantic if... but if he is and plays at a high level that could be a very solid piece to have around the trade deadline.
Don't read to much into it. Leafers are currenbtly throwing darts at a dart board at the moment hoping something sticks...

They are throwing out names like Sundin, Forsberg, Naslund and even Kovalchuk out there....

They really have no idea at the moment...

Old
08-03-2010, 10:29 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJong View Post
Don't read to much into it. Leafers are currenbtly throwing darts at a dart board at the moment hoping something sticks...

They are throwing out names like Sundin, Forsberg, Naslund and even Kovalchuk out there....

They really have no idea at the moment...
Probably someone like Roman Cervenka.

Old
08-03-2010, 11:21 PM
TrueGrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Probably someone like Roman Cervenka.
Wasn't Ottawa a suiter? What happened to that?

Old
08-03-2010, 11:26 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Actually I hope its Yashin. It'll just make me hate the Leafs even more. I'm just not feeling the same hatred I used to...

Old
08-03-2010, 11:45 PM
DefenseMinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Do you mean 21? They've had 7 defensemen and 12 forwards, but I don't remember an extra forward. The 21st guy was always a swing man, Schubert until he was waived.
To start the season 2009/10:

Michalek-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev
Regin-Winchester-Cheechoo
Neil-Kelly-Ruutu
Donovan/Shannon

Phillips-Volchenkov
Kuba-Picard
Campoli-Carkner
Karlsson

Leclaire
Elliott

So that's actually 23 men, not 22, definitely not 21. But there tended to always be one guy that was always banged up or injured so it was typically 2 healthy bodies scratched each night.

2008-09 season starting lineup:

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Fisher-Vermette-Foligno
Neil-Kelly-Ruutu
Donovan-Winchester-Schubert
McAmmond

Phillips-Volchenkov
Kuba-J.Smith
Picard-Lee
Richardson

Richardson retired shortly thereafter and the Sens called up Brendan Bell to replace him for the majority of the remainder of the season. Lee was also shuttled back and forth to Bingo but played over 50 games at the NHL level. Schubert rotated between forward and defense but that doesn't mean he was the only extra body they carried.

They've gone with at least 22 players the last 2 years.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseMinister View Post

2008-09 season starting lineup:

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Fisher-Vermette-Foligno
Neil-Kelly-Ruutu
Donovan-Winchester-Schubert
McAmmond

Phillips-Volchenkov
Kuba-J.Smith
Picard-Lee
Richardson
Man, did we ever have a one-line team

Old
08-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Actually I hope its Yashin. It'll just make me hate the Leafs even more. I'm just not feeling the same hatred I used to...
[
True. That's what happens when there's no more adversity when we play against them.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:13 AM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
I believe the hatred for the Leafs has somewhat been soaked up by the likes of the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Buffalo Sabres since the lock-out. Maybe that's just myself. It's hard to feel hate a team thoroughly when they don't threaten you, what-so-ever.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:19 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 908
Murray normally carries 22 bodies....

Old
08-04-2010, 11:55 AM
This
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Karlsson0o View Post
I believe the hatred for the Leafs has somewhat been soaked up by the likes of the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Buffalo Sabres since the lock-out. Maybe that's just myself. It's hard to feel hate a team thoroughly when they don't threaten you, what-so-ever.
I'll say I hate them, but that's only because I go to university in Toronto and am surrounded by Leaf fans who openly rip the Sens when their team is in last place.

In terms of the old school rivalry, when the they actually made it to the playoffs, the hatred from that no longer exists. I guess now it's just annoyance with fans who refuse to admit that their team is garbage, and see a win against a better team as meaning that they are superior, in spite of the standings. I think if trash talking starts early next year about how Ottawa lost in the season series against the Leafs, and that they are better, I will point out that we won the season series against the Hawks, and ask them where our Stanley Cup is.

On more topical note, the Leafs speculation is hilarious. Most of the recent stuff is coming from Burke canceling a charity event. It is speculated that he went to Europe to sign a player, so they are throwing around (as previously stated) Sundin, Forsberg, Naslund, Jagr, and Radulov. I think it would be hilarious if he was signing Kaberle to an extension or s prospect to the Marlies.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:14 PM
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"

It's already been reported that Burke's trip to europe was not true. And I agree, don't really hate the leafs per se anymore, mainly just the annoying fans lol (I'm Toronto area as well)

Old
08-04-2010, 12:43 PM
itscameron

My hatred towards the Leafs had softened up too until I went to the game in Toronto in February. The sens were one an 11 game winning streak, playing the worst team in the league...Unfortunately most people probably know the score, and I hate to remind you but it was 5-0 for the leafs :'(

Old
08-04-2010, 01:51 PM
PoltinSens

One of the most devestating losses of the season.

Just because it was them...

Old
08-08-2010, 05:47 PM
CarknerCountry

Phillips or Kaberle??

Different d-men i know that ...both have one year deals Phillips comes cheaper who has more Value??? Kaberle can get a Neal,Ryan,Richards dont think they can if yes then explre trading phillips for them....

Old
08-08-2010, 05:55 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Huh? I feel like whatever it is you're going on about here, I won't like it one bit.

Closed Thread