HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

***Official Off-Season Trade Proposals/Rumours Thread*** Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2010, 03:34 PM
The Fuhr*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabman0508 View Post
I also like the idea but what are the chances that minnie fans will?
Some Minny fans hate Sheppard... I'd think they would bite

Old
08-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

Lets hope thats the case because zubov is as good as done with this team and shannon serves no purpose. Sheppard at worst would be an upgrade over him.

Old
08-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

Saw your proposal on the main board. Guess i was wrong. I hope Murray is reading this and calling Fletcher.

Old
08-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Karlssonlee

Vitali Anikeyenko

any chance of him ever coming over to North America to play?

Old
08-21-2010, 11:59 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Vitali Anikeyenko

any chance of him ever coming over to North America to play?
hes put up some pretty good numbers in the K. I think he would probably be a top 4 Dman in the A, maybe he could challenge for a spot in Ottawa in 3-4 years. I wouldn't count on him ever coming over though. I dont know much about him but it looks like hes Russian 4 lyfe

Old
08-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
hes put up some pretty good numbers in the K. I think he would probably be a top 4 Dman in the A, maybe he could challenge for a spot in Ottawa in 3-4 years. I wouldn't count on him ever coming over though. I dont know much about him but it looks like hes Russian 4 lyfe
He's already 24 years old, I don't think he would be that far off. He could maybe come in as 7th defenseman and work his way up next season maybe?

Old
08-22-2010, 08:03 AM
DefenseMinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
He's already 24 years old, I don't think he would be that far off. He could maybe come in as 7th defenseman and work his way up next season maybe?
The ship has sailed. You can put all the Russian prospects (Lyamin, Zubov, Kaigorodov, Anikeyenko, Mirnov, Atyushev, Nikulin etc) all in the same boat and wave goodbye. They're a product of an unsuccessful period of drafting for the team with a flawed strategy.

Time to move on.

Old
08-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

We have a bunch of young defensemen coming up the ranks but not really any forward prospects what would you think of something like this..

David Rundblad +

for

Mikkel Boedker

Old
08-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
We have a bunch of young defensemen coming up the ranks but not really any forward prospects what would you think of something like this..

David Rundblad +

for

Mikkel Boedker
OEL - Goncharov
Gormley - Rundblad
Stone - Summers
Schlemko - Ahnelov
Ross - Brodeur

Old
08-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Barnak

Bargain Bin Shopping?

Is there a UFA still available that would fit under the cap and could help out the Sens? Guerin, Halpern, Comrie, etc?

Old
08-24-2010, 11:52 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnak View Post
Is there a UFA still available that would fit under the cap and could help out the Sens? Guerin, Halpern, Comrie, etc?
Not really, but I'd give camp tryouts to Svatos, Comrie or Torres if still available by that time.

Old
08-24-2010, 11:58 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I'd love Stempniak but we just don't have the cap space. He's the type of player who really thrives on a team that has capable puck movers. Svatos would be fine for a try out.

Old
08-24-2010, 12:01 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post

David Rundblad +

for

Mikkel Boedker
Problem is (or not really a problem), the entire Sens organization seems really, really high on Rundblad - including Forsberg who will coach him this year. I doubt they do it.

But...I think I would. Boedker is gonna be boss and another Dane to play with Regin (not that that matters, but it's neat).

Old
08-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Bileur

How desperate do you think this guy is getting?

I would be thrilled to pick him up relatively cheap.

I like the lineup options he would give us. While I am a fan of Regin on Spezza's wing I like the options this would give us.

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson (give this combo another shot with a healthy Spezza)
Foligno - Fisher - Kovalev (this line was clicking tremendously before Foligno broke his leg)
Kariya - Regin - Smith (I think Kariya and Regin would mesh very well together with their mix of playmaking and sniping ability, throw in Smith to muck it up)
Ruutu – Kelly – Neil

Smith - Spezza - Alfredsson (iffy I know... I only made this combo because of the rumors Michalek wants to try RW and I thought Foligno on the 3rd was better balance)
Kariya - Fisher - Michalek (Kariya and Fisher would have the potential to mesh like Fisher did with Kovalev, the combo of Michalek and Fish is just deadly on the forecheck)
Foligno - Regin - Kovalev (I’ve mentioned it before but I think Regin brings a lot of the same things to the table Plekanec did he made a powerful duo with Kovalev, add in Foligno’s grit/skill combo and it’s worth a try)
Ruutu – Kelly – Neil

Kariya - Spezza – Alfredsson (adding someone who can snipe and dish to Spezza-Alfredsson can reap massive dividends as we have seen, may be a little soft as)
Michalek - Fisher – Kovalev (Keep the awesome Kovalev-Fisher combo and throw in some more speed and size… sounds good… Fisher would be the smallest on his line)
Foligno - Regin - Smith (could be a lot of fun to have a kid line again, maybe fit in Wick or Butler on there instead of Smith)
Ruutu – Kelly – Neil

Last edited by Bileur: 08-24-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old
08-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Lenny the Lynx

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
How desperate do you think this guy is getting?

I would be thrilled to pick him up relatively cheap.
I would too, mostly for nostalgia's sake, but if he was to go somewhere cheap I bet he'd also go for the nostalgia and go to the Ducks or Avs

Old
08-24-2010, 03:50 PM
DJB

vCash: 4386
I'd much rather have Karyia on the team then Ryan Shannon...

Old
08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJong View Post
I'd much rather have Karyia on the team then Ryan Shannon...
really?

Kariya would want at least 4x what Shannon is getting

Old
08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
I would too, mostly for nostalgia's sake, but if he was to go somewhere cheap I bet he'd also go for the nostalgia and go to the Ducks or Avs
Yeah I'm sure Kariya has fond memories of his time with the Avs.

Old
08-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I'd love Stempniak but we just don't have the cap space. He's the type of player who really thrives on a team that has capable puck movers. Svatos would be fine for a try out.
I agree with what you typed there.

Old
08-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Hale The Villain

I'd love to sign Ryan Potulny at a cheap price as a UFA. He had 38G in 41GP in his final NCAA season and was around a PPG as an AHL player for awhile just waiting for a chance to play in the NHL, he finally got that chance with the Oilers and had a very respectable 32P in 64GP playing for the worst team in the NHL.

He'd be happy to get a contract at this point and it has the potential to pay off huge, he played a combination of 50 games Philly and Edmonton in 4 years so this year could be considered his rookie season. Perfect 3rd line center, he could center Foligno and Shannon and turn the line into a decent secondary scoring option. The Oilers don't want to re-sign him because they want to create spots for Eberle, MSP and Hall alongside their already young core of Gagner, Cogliano, Brule and Penner.

Decent "bargain bin" pick up.

Old
08-31-2010, 09:53 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Bored so just for sake of discussion...Senschirp posted a rumor that Lee may be on the shopping block. With teams like Nashville and Colorado mildly interested.

http://www.senschirp.ca/2010/08/what...brian-lee.html

Personally I think its best to hold onto him for now and perhaps use him as deadline trade bait, it would be nice to not have to use a pick for once.

But if Murray does intend to shop him before the season starts what do you think he could fetch?

I think we could maybe use another forward or a more shut down type defensmen, I don't think we could get much more than a struggling prospect or a late 2nd rounder but who knows.

Would a Cogliano/Lee swap be fair? Or maybe Smid/Vandermeer?

Perhaps James Sheppard/Lee?

Or just a 2nd/3rd rounder and offer his cap space to Comrie?

Old
08-31-2010, 10:07 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnak View Post
Cogliano is a RFA who still hasn't come to terms with the Edmonton Oilers. He can play LW or C & could bring a little more scoring to our LW. Not sure if he is not signing because he wants more money or out of Edmonton. A Lee for Cogliano would be intersting as JonnyMacSen has suggested.

Old
08-31-2010, 10:13 AM
DJB

vCash: 4386
Well looks like Karyia is done for the year with concussion symptoms.

I'd say his career is likely over...

Old
08-31-2010, 10:46 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Bored so just for sake of discussion...Senschirp posted a rumor that Lee may be on the shopping block. With teams like Nashville and Colorado mildly interested.

http://www.senschirp.ca/2010/08/what...brian-lee.html

Personally I think its best to hold onto him for now and perhaps use him as deadline trade bait, it would be nice to not have to use a pick for once.

But if Murray does intend to shop him before the season starts what do you think he could fetch?

I think we could maybe use another forward or a more shut down type defensmen, I don't think we could get much more than a struggling prospect or a late 2nd rounder but who knows.

Would a Cogliano/Lee swap be fair? Or maybe Smid/Vandermeer?

Perhaps James Sheppard/Lee?

Or just a 2nd/3rd rounder and offer his cap space to Comrie?
Only one I'd do is Smid but the Oilers would be insane to do that.
Might as well work with the teams we've been given:

To Col:
Lee

To Ott:
Kevin Porter/Ryan Stoa

To Nash:
Lee+3rd

To Ott:
Zach Budish/Roman Josi

As for Poultny, I'd let him try out.

Old
08-31-2010, 12:31 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoorpass View Post
there will be something coming up that will blow your minds....i cant talk about it really even though i know most of the details..but this is going to be huge and make us a contender right away....and no im not ****ing around
awww bdp, you're such a tease. Can you at least give us something to speculate about? I'm guessing Savard. Can you tell me whether I'm warm or cold?

Closed Thread