HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mink traded for Fast from STL, signs Callahan & Weaver

Old
08-03-2010, 03:54 PM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthertod View Post
I love how the Amerks fans were complaining how they havent won the past few years... then we fill the cupboard last year full of quality vets and they complain that they didn't go further... then we get rid of those vets that didn't take them further and they complain about that. They love to complain. I bet at least one will complain about this post.
The vets weren't the problem.

And YOU didn't fill the cupboard. The Amerks did. The Amerks paid every penny of those veterans, who the Panthers are now trading away.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
The vets weren't the problem.

And YOU didn't fill the cupboard. The Amerks did. The Amerks paid every penny of those veterans, who the Panthers are now trading away.
Yep, Amerks do no wrong....ever

08-03-2010, 04:11 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yep, Amerks do no wrong....ever
Plenty wrong. Starting with the "handshake" deal about the money being paid on the vets. The Amerks got burned, and while it was a shady thing for the Panthers to do, the Amerks should have gotten it in writing. Staats coming out publicly with that information was questionable as well. They do a lot wrong. They are new owners to pro sports, but they have good intentions. But it's hard when you spend a fortune, by AHL standards, and bring in a lot of talent and then see it traded away. Wilson is next.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Cosmonaut

I haven't been around here long enough to understand the problems between the Panthers and the Amerks, or be knowledgeable of the ins and outs of this sport lol, but can someone explain the upside of this trade to me?

Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Plenty wrong. Starting with the "handshake" deal about the money being paid on the vets. The Amerks got burned, and while it was a shady thing for the Panthers to do, the Amerks should have gotten it in writing. Staats coming out publicly with that information was questionable as well. They do a lot wrong. They are new owners to pro sports, but they have good intentions. But it's hard when you spend a fortune, by AHL standards, and bring in a lot of talent and then see it traded away. Wilson is next.
Old owners did a lot wrong, too. You NEVER give the Panthers credit for anything, therefore, your posts always fall on deaf ears.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuFighting View Post
I haven't been around here long enough to understand the problems between the Panthers and the Amerks, or be knowledgeable of the ins and outs of this sport lol, but can someone explain the upside of this trade to me?
Sure, glad to. They dumped a player who had no hope of playing for them, Mink, to help pay for the signing of Weaver, who figures to improve the PK for Florida. Simple really. Good for Florida, Bad for Rochester. Tough. Life is unfair.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:16 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
There is none. The Panther fans here may have another perspective but it was basically a trade of a popular, AHL all star forward who was loved in Rochester for an ECHL defenseman who may not even play in Rochester.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:17 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Sure, glad to. They dumped a player who had no hope of playing for them, Mink, to help pay for the signing of Weaver, who figures to improve the PK for Florida. Simple really. Good for Florida, Bad for Rochester. Tough. Life is unfair.
They had to clear space to pay for a 900K player? LOL. OK sorry that was funny.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:19 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Old owners did a lot wrong, too. You NEVER give the Panthers credit for anything, therefore, your posts always fall on deaf ears.
The old owners were years ago, and that had to do with a difficulty of paying bills. Nothing to do with anything that is going on today.

I give the Panthers credit for assisting the Amerks in getting those players last summer, but that was the Sexton regime. Tallon took over and is crapping all over the hard work both parties did last summer.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Sweet, I appreciate that. From the things I was reading about him, I didn't realize Mink had no chance of making our squad. Well, that clears things up.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:21 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Sweet, I appreciate that. From the things I was reading about him, I didn't realize Mink had no chance of making our squad. Well, that clears things up.
Neither does TJ Fast. He'll never see Florida, maybe not even Rochester.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
They had to clear space to pay for a 900K player? LOL. OK sorry that was funny.
Now you can understand our gripe with Panthers Ownership though I do agree with the payroll downsizing this coming season. This team has been one of the worst teams in the NHL the past decade but the last few season's payroll did not reflect that.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Chaos2k7

Is Clay Wilson not still expected to be dealt as well? Maybe in return for some help up front for the Amerks? I would expect Ellerby and Robak to be given major minutes on the PP this season?

Maybe I am mistaken about the Wilson rumblings?

Chaos2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Cosmonaut

Quote:
Neither does TJ Fast. He'll never see Florida, maybe not even Rochester.
Yea, I honestly can't make too much sense of this. I wonder if the Panthers are at their internal cap.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
The old owners were years ago, and that had to do with a difficulty of paying bills. Nothing to do with anything that is going on today.

I give the Panthers credit for assisting the Amerks in getting those players last summer, but that was the Sexton regime. Tallon took over and is crapping all over the hard work both parties did last summer.
Oh, so now you guys love Randy Sexton?

Old
08-03-2010, 04:25 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2k7 View Post
Is Clay Wilson not still expected to be dealt as well? Maybe in return for some help up front for the Amerks? I would expect Ellerby and Robak to be given major minutes on the PP this season?

The rumors are that Wilson will be traded too.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

You're not behind the closed doors, and I'm sure there's more to it than a guy like Tallon (whom everyone in the NHL has wonderful things to say about, btw) just "crapping all over" everything.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Chaos2k7

I think that with the moves Tallon has made, brining in Chuck Weber, replacing Taffe with Cullen, bringing Markstrom in with the point of having him in Rochester, etc. I don't see how it can be felt that Tallon is trying to completely screw over the Amerks...

Something seems a little premature here, I am willing to wait on Tallon on this one, something tells me he wants Rochester to be winning this season...

Wasn't Singletary still out there? He would be a better player than Mink IMO...

Like I said I am willing to see what happens before I start calling anyone a liar etc. The Amerks are IMO a better team on paper this year than last... Maybe thats rose coloured glasses...

Chaos2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:

Plus they'll likely get Ellerby back!

Old
Laus723
Future Now

Tallon's not going to let their prized prospect get crapped on in Rochester, so I'd ease up with the emotion a bit.

Old
sabrefan27

Quote:
I think that with the moves Tallon has made, brining in Chuck Weber, replacing Taffe with Cullen, bringing Markstrom in with the point of having him in Rochester, etc. I don't see how it can be felt that Tallon is trying to completely screw over the Amerks...

Something seems a little premature here, I am willing to wait on Tallon on this one, something tells me he wants Rochester to be winning this season...

Wasn't Singletary still out there? He would be a better player than Mink IMO...

Like I said I am willing to see what happens before I start calling anyone a liar etc. The Amerks are IMO a better team on paper this year than last... Maybe thats rose coloured glasses...
Have you looked at the proposed Amerk roster? It's not good.

The defense is abysmal. The Amerks have lost their top 4 scorers from last season, and the only replacement was Mark Cullen, who isn't exactly a top of the line AHL scorer.

Unless Markstrom stands on his head every game, this team isn't winning many games.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:38 PM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Just passing along the message. Seriously, everyone here hates Amerks fans. But they traded away one of the teams most popular players for an ECHLer. It's not going to go over well. I doubt TJ Fast is a legit NHL prospect. So what was the point? If it was a trade to help the parent club, like the Taffe deal, I can accept that. But that wasn't the case here.
I don't hate Amerks fans. I speak for myself alone, but the whining is what I dislike. You're talking to people who've put up with **** for a decade (8 yrs personally). We have enough of our own gripes. I'm sure there's an Amerks forum somewhere out there, but I'm not bringing my Panthers whining to it.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 05:54 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
Guds is going to have to be lights-out sensation to make the club. I'd rather him add some weight and get another year in rather than use 1 year of his ELC when we are clearly not going to be competing for the playoffs.
Agreed. I'd rather see him make his debut the NHL fully prepared next season when hopefully they're on the verge of making a serious playoff run. He shouldn't feel frustrated if that's the decision of the coaching staff because he will indeed be a huge part of this team for years to come, and waiting one more year shouldn't hurt his career. Anyway, I really like this signing. Weaver sounds like he could become a fan favorite this season similar to how Duco did with his aggressiveness.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 06:51 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Yea, I honestly can't make too much sense of this. I wonder if the Panthers are at their internal cap.
He was signed for the Everblades duh!! Oh, wait a minute........err.. nevermind. *scratches head*

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 06:55 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Have you looked at the proposed Amerk roster? It's not good.

The defense is abysmal. The Amerks have lost their top 4 scorers from last season, and the only replacement was Mark Cullen, who isn't exactly a top of the line AHL scorer.

Unless Markstrom stands on his head every game, this team isn't winning many games.
If I was a big Amerks fan I would be pissed too, no one likes to see good players from their team traded away. I don't think Tallon is done making moves yet so lets wait and see what happens.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote