HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mink traded for Fast from STL, signs Callahan & Weaver

Old
08-07-2010, 01:39 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Speculating if Gubranson makes team or not, might be just academical speculation if he hasn't signed contract by season start. Any update on that, I think both #1 and #2 signed already with their teams?
And if you look at Panthers defence corp I would be hugely disappointed if he doesn't make team, it would mean that he has flopped in training camp (or this year's draft has been overrated). Also if he is about to make team, will Tallon send somebody with one-way contract to Rochester (or trade will happen) or would it be typical outcome of GM's handbook, you have player with one way contract and Gudbranson with two way (not even that actually) and he will be shipped back to juniors to develop his skills.

JOL
Guds will be on a sliding contract so if he goes back to the OHL we actually save a year of service time. Nothing wrong with letting him dominate the OHL and play for Canada in December if he fails to make Florida. Hopefully Howden, McFarland, and Petrovic can make team Canada come December as well.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Speculating if Gubranson makes team or not, might be just academical speculation if he hasn't signed contract by season start. Any update on that, I think both #1 and #2 signed already with their teams?
And if you look at Panthers defence corp I would be hugely disappointed if he doesn't make team, it would mean that he has flopped in training camp (or this year's draft has been overrated). Also if he is about to make team, will Tallon send somebody with one-way contract to Rochester (or trade will happen) or would it be typical outcome of GM's handbook, you have player with one way contract and Gudbranson with two way (not even that actually) and he will be shipped back to juniors to develop his skills.

JOL
I don't think it will mean that Gud has flopped. He's an 18 year old kid who could still use some time in junior to further develop his offensive game. He's not as polished as say Drew Doughty or Erik Johnson were at 18. We know Wideman, Kulikov, Caber, and Allen will make the team. Garrison was just signed to a 2 year one-way deal, Tallon loves him, and he played very well to end last season. He's a strong bet to make it. Weaver is a good bottom pairing d-man. There's no shame in Gud not making the NHL over those guys. They are all solid NHL d-men.

Tallon said no matter how old you are or where you're from, the best players will play, so we'll see what happens.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 05:32 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I don't think it will mean that Gud has flopped. He's an 18 year old kid who could still use some time in junior to further develop his offensive game. He's not as polished as say Drew Doughty or Erik Johnson were at 18. We know Wideman, Kulikov, Caber, and Allen will make the team. Garrison was just signed to a 2 year one-way deal, Tallon loves him, and he played very well to end last season. He's a strong bet to make it. Weaver is a good bottom pairing d-man. There's no shame in Gud not making the NHL over those guys. They are all solid NHL d-men.

Tallon said no matter how old you are or where you're from, the best players will play, so we'll see what happens.
I think its better not to rush prospects, and now that we dont have to have him on the roster in october, he will have a better opportunity to grow his offensive abilities to come along his defensive capabilities. although I think we will see more trades for prospects/picks before the season sstarts

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 06:59 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post

Panthers have now 8 defensemen with one-way contract and if (when) Guds makes team are they going to risk 1-2 of them when sending them down and not clearing waiwers? And more importantly will Guds be in training camp without contract?

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 07:21 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Panthers have now 8 defensemen with one-way contract and if (when) Guds makes team are they going to risk 1-2 of them when sending them down and not clearing waiwers? And more importantly will Guds be in training camp without contract?

JOL
Ellerby is on a 2 way and he will probably be back in the AHL, which leaves us 7 D.
Chances are Guds does another year in the juniors so there is no rush to sign him. I'm sure we will get to see him play a few games at the start of the season though.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 09:56 AM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:

JOL

Weaver or Paetsch won't stop anyone from making the team if they deserve it. If Guds does make the team, Weaver would probably be the 7th while Paetsch will have to risk waivers.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 05:36 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post

Weaver or Paetsch won't stop anyone from making the team if they deserve it. If Guds does make the team, Weaver would probably be the 7th while Paetsch will have to risk waivers.
8 (Bryan McCabe, Mike Weaver, Clay Wilson, Dennis Wideman, Dmitry Kulikov, Bryan Allen, Jason Garrison, Nathan Paetsch)
Four of them are pretty much locked (Bryan McCabe, Dennis Wideman, Dmitry Kulikov, Bryan), rest fighting for two spots.

Correction, actually 7, Kulikov has 2-way
JOL

Last edited by jol: 08-10-2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Kulikov
jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 06:49 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
8 (Bryan McCabe, Mike Weaver, Clay Wilson, Dennis Wideman, Dmitry Kulikov, Bryan Allen, Jason Garrison, Nathan Paetsch)
Four of them are pretty much locked (Bryan McCabe, Dennis Wideman, Dmitry Kulikov, Bryan), rest fighting for two spots.

Correction, actually 7, Kulikov has 2-way
JOL
I forgot about Wilson, my bad. But he's on the trade block supposedly.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:

JOL
Wilson is probably going to get traded. Even if he doesn't, the Panthers won't care about losing him on waivers, but it's doubtful he'd get picked up. Paestch can play forward also, and I've heard a lot that he's actually better as a forward. We will have some injuries, so it will be nice to have a swingman like that.

Gud can be in training camp without a contract, he just can't play in any regular season games. Who knows what their plans are for signing him.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote