HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Los Angeles

Old
08-03-2010, 11:29 PM
DeceiverOfTheGods
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Toronto - Los Angeles

Wayne Simmonds
Justin Williams

Tomas Kaberle
Mikhail Grabovski

The Kaberle for Simmonds deal goes ahead as has been discussed on here before, a deal I think works for both sides - however, Kings get a slightly cheaper player in Grabo who doesn't have the health concerns that Williams has shown, but has the kind of talent to potentially blossom.Leafs get Simmonds to add to their young core, and a potential sniper in Williams on an expiring contract who could be a 30 goal scorer once again if he can stay healthy.

Thoughts?

DeceiverOfTheGods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:33 PM
asian mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post

Wayne Simmonds
Justin Williams

Tomas Kaberle
Mikhail Grabovski

The Kaberle for Simmonds deal goes ahead as has been discussed on here before, a deal I think works for both sides - however, Kings get a slightly cheaper player in Grabo who doesn't have the health concerns that Williams has shown, but has the kind of talent to potentially blossom.Leafs get Simmonds to add to their young core, and a potential sniper in Williams on an expiring contract who could be a 30 goal scorer once again if he can stay healthy.

Thoughts?
take out justin williams and give us brayden schenn and we'll give ya 2nd rounder

asian mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Martyros

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:35 PM
RESPECT THE SHIELD10

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian mailman View Post
take out justin williams and give us brayden schenn and we'll give ya 2nd rounder
joke?

RESPECT THE SHIELD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
Simmonds isn't going anywhere.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:38 PM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

How can the Kings say no to that?!

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:38 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Why would L.A. trade away an important member of their core in Simmonds?

And why would they want Grabovski when they don't need him?

Sorry.. I hope you've got some flame-retardant clothes..

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:39 PM
DeceiverOfTheGods
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belak Attack View Post
Simmonds isn't going anywhere.
If Kabs goes to LA, it's gonna be him or Brown, and I doubt it's the captain.

Old
08-03-2010, 11:44 PM
DeceiverOfTheGods
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Why would L.A. trade away an important member of their core in Simmonds?

And why would they want Grabovski when they don't need him?

Sorry.. I hope you've got some flame-retardant clothes..
The same reason any team trades important players - to get important players back.

So they need Williams at 550K$ more per season, having missed almost half the games of the past 2 seasons, over Grabovski? The basis of that was a scenery change rather than either one getting a decided advantage.

Old
08-03-2010, 11:44 PM
asian mailman

ya i thought the whole thread was a joke ....... you cant be serious simmons for kabby simmons has played 2 full seasons and 16 goals is his most.....you can say he has all the potential in the world. He hasnt proved it and I wouldnt trade our one asset for another player that will end up being disappointment. We need a PROVEN player. No a could be.

asian mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:46 PM
seanlinden

Kaberle-for-Simmonds does not work.... but even if it did...this one makes very little to no sense.

Toronto doesn't need 2 wingers, especially one who is injured as often as Williams is. They do however need Mikhail Grabovski, simply because relying on Bozak/Kadri to carry the entire offensive load for 82 games this season is really pushing your luck. They really can't afford any type of downgrade or loss of offensive ability at teh centre position.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Uhh no. Even if Brown wasn't the captain, LA would have to mentally retarded to deal Brown for 1 year of Kaberle. Understand? ONE YEAR!!!

Unless there is Kaberle with extension, I seriously seriously seriously seriously seriously doubt LA would part with Simmonds.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:49 PM
glovesave42

Quote:
Then it won't happen. LA is weak on the wing, no room to deal from there for defense, especially a guy with one year left on his deal. Kings would be offering something like Stoll and a prospect/pick (Teubert?) If that won't get it done, then Kabs won't be a King, and that's OK with me.

glovesave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:52 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
This again?

Doughty. Johnson. Kings don't need another high-end defenseman, especially not as a rental.

Grabovski is just a guy. If he were anything more than just a guy, Leafs fans on this board wouldn't be offering him in trade nearly as often as Kaberle.

And don't hold your breath that Wayne Simmonds is available. For the same reason Montreal wouldn't have traded young Patrick Roy in the late 80's, the Kings won't trade Simmonds now. He's a damn good young player, and the added benefit of being black / Hispanic / Asian / anything other than White Canadian for a team in southern California is significant.

ck26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
Quote:
Then I don't think Kaberle is headed to LA, unless something is added that's of more value to pry someone out of LA that LA doesn't want to move.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Not going to happen. If you want Simmonds, we want Schenn. If you want Brown, we want Phaneuf.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:58 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Not going to happen. If you want Simmonds, we want Schenn. If you want Brown, we want Phaneuf.
If you want Kaberle, we want Brown. If you want Schenn, we want Doughty. See how that works

Old
08-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
I know these proposals are ridiculous but let's not get crazy here.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:

Wayne Simmonds
Justin Williams

Tomas Kaberle
Mikhail Grabovski

Thoughts?

Uhmmm just give me a hint how that makes the Kings a better team ??????
We give away a 1st lien winger and the crowd favorite for one year of Kaberle.... and ........... who ist the other guy ..... ist it the Hot Dog salesman in the 300's sections ????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
If you want Kaberle, we want Brown. If you want Schenn, we want Doughty. See how that works
We don't want Kaberle. You said it in another thread, it's not about value or getting the best players, something to that effect, it's about getting what fits. If you want a member of the Kings core like Simmonds or Brown, you're going to have to overpay. If you don't want to overpay, then look elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
I know these proposals are ridiculous but let's not get crazy here.
Nothing crazy about it. Like I said, if you want part of the Kings core, you're going to have to overpay.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:13 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
The same reason any team trades important players - to get important players back.

So they need Williams at 550K$ more per season, having missed almost half the games of the past 2 seasons, over Grabovski? The basis of that was a scenery change rather than either one getting a decided advantage.
I understand the part of your post that I bolded. The problem is, though, that if LA is a bit weak on the wings, they're not going to be willing to deal from an area of weakness in order to add a player that they may not necessarily need.

And why would the Leafs want Justin Williams anyway? He's seemingly more injury-prone than Grabovski and he's more expensive than Grabovski. For maybe 10 more goals if he can stay healthy? Sorry.. but that's just too much of a risk that the Leafs don't need to gamble on, IMO. This part of the OP's deal doesn't really make any sense for this reason, not to mention that LA has no use for Grabovski.

A scenery change could be beneficial to both Williams and Grabovski, but by no means is it a certainty for either player.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
We don't want Kaberle. You said it in another thread, it's not about value or getting the best players, something to that effect, it's about getting what fits. If you want a member of the Kings core like Simmonds or Brown, you're going to have to overpay. If you don't want to overpay, then look elsewhere.

Nothing crazy about it. Like I said, if you want part of the Kings core, you're going to have to overpay.
The Leafs could say the same thing since Schenn and Phaneuf are core players for the Leafs meaning you would have to overpay. So for Phaneuf, you will have to give us Kopitar and Doughty for Schenn.

Sounds retarded doesn't it? Besides, core players are almost never traded for core players.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
The Leafs could say the same thing since Schenn and Phaneuf are core players for the Leafs meaning you would have to overpay. So for Phaneuf, you will have to give us Kopitar and Doughty for Schenn.

Sounds retarded doesn't it? Besides, core players are almost never traded for core players.
That's why there isn't going to be a deal between these teams anytime soon. Kings aren't willing to give the Leafs what they want and vice versa.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:21 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Now if only the rest of the Leafs fans on this board would realize it....

Old
08-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Ovechking

How could LA say no to that?!?!

Ovechking is offline   Reply With Quote