Notices

Polls vs. Future Watch

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2004, 08:07 PM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Polls vs. Future Watch

Really interesting with Ellis locking in the 5th spot in all liklihood, compare the top 5 here of Erikkson, Daley, Miets, Jokinin and Ellis with futurewatch's Cash, Erikkson Miets Lessard and Jokinin. Cash does not even make the top 5 and I believe deservedly so. Also THN suggests Lessard could vie for top two lines which I think is a stretch. Until he develops consistently, he may not even barely make the top 10.

Old
05-28-2004, 04:39 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Lessard does has a shot at the top 2 lines more then any other prospect we currently have, mainly because his game isn't suited for the checking lines. Also knowing that Young and likely Bure too won't be with the team anymore, Lessard has a good chance to be one of Modano's/Turgeon's wingers (assuming the MAG lines remains). I also read an article of Army or Tippet where they would like to play Lessard next to Modano and see how it pans out. But, that isn't a good way to judge one's talent and potential. IMO Lessard shouldn't be in the top 5, more likely between 8th/15th.. Cash, I can still understand, but what I cannot is Trevor Daley. The only legit excuse they have for not including him in the top 5 is because they feel he has graduated.

Old
05-28-2004, 07:07 AM
Starsdude

I think 25 games was their cutoff but what is interesting is how Cash is not respected here given his inconsistent play. He has never gotten more than 2 votes and we are the #6 prospect. Lessard and Nickerson will likely be ahead of him and Tjarnqvist has a good argument as well. While an indictment on Cash's inconsistency, it also speaksto improved prospect depth as guys like Polak and Holtet with great upside are ignored. Stars are now 15 deep with players who could be NHLers at some point

Last edited by Starsdude: 05-28-2004 at 07:13 AM.
Old
05-28-2004, 10:04 AM
Famous Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
I think 25 games was their cutoff but what is interesting is how Cash is not respected here given his inconsistent play. He has never gotten more than 2 votes and we are the #6 prospect. Lessard and Nickerson will likely be ahead of him and Tjarnqvist has a good argument as well. While an indictment on Cash's inconsistency, it also speaksto improved prospect depth as guys like Polak and Holtet with great upside are ignored. Stars are now 15 deep with players who could be NHLers at some point
I am excited to see Vas getting back on track as well. May be irrational since I've never seen him play, but it always seemed like he had potential to me.

Closed Thread