HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-Ana

Old
08-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Force951

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yeah Ryan is fantastic, but he isn't Ovechkin, Gaborik good.
Those packages wouldn't come close to getting you Ovechkin. When your trying to pry someone out of a team that doesn't want to, and doesn't need to trade him expect to overpay by quite a bit. But there is no way Ryan is traded to colorado, i could see him going to the leafs before the avs and there is no chance he goes to the leafs.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 10:37 AM
chewey
dmitri

The Ducks are looking for a Dmen and the Avs have a lack of them. Only two players on the Avs would/could challenge for top paring - top 4 dmen in the league and that's Quiency and Hannan. Liles/Foote/Cumiskey/Wilson are more along the lines of bottom paring. Loosing one of Quiency or Hannan to add Ryan would hurt the team more than help. The team doesn't need to score more, they need better defense.

As far as defensive prospect goes the Ducks are fine with Sbisa and Folwer leading their crop. Adding "potential" for "proven" doesn't add up especially with their deep core.

Not saying Ryan isn't a great player would love to have him but there is no way in hell the two teams would be able to agree on something that works out for them both.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 10:37 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Those packages wouldn't come close to getting you Ovechkin. When your trying to pry someone out of a team that doesn't want to, and doesn't need to trade him expect to overpay by quite a bit. But there is no way Ryan is traded to colorado, i could see him going to the leafs before the avs and there is no chance he goes to the leafs.
Ok wow! I know they don't.

We don't even need Ryan. Yes it would be awesome to add him, but I would rather wait a few years and overpay him in FA market.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Goulet17

Quote:
I believe most are assuming (for the sake of argument) that these trade proposals would come into play only if Anaheim, for whatever reason, has decided to trade Ryan, or at least listen to offers.

Any offer from the Avs that consisted of Duchene + or Stewart + would simply be absurd in that circumstance.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I believe most are assuming (for the sake of argument) that these trade proposals would come into play only if Anaheim, for whatever reason, has decided to trade Ryan, or at least listen to offers.

Any offer from the Avs that consisted of Duchene + or Stewart + would simply be absurd in that circumstance.
If the Ducks decided to trade Ryan, first targets would be guys like Suter or Burns. Even guys like Streit would be targeted before talking to the Avs.

Old
08-04-2010, 10:45 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
If the Ducks decided to trade Ryan, first targets would be guys like Suter or Burns. Even guys like Streit would be targeted before talking to the Avs.
Then have fun with your NHL 10 trades.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Force951

Quote:
Goodluck with trying to get Ryan on the UFA market

Old
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
A package around Bobby Ryan could easily get Suter or Streit.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

I would love to see bobby playing with staz
But if we need anything right now that is defence
And that is same with Anaheim

DatsyukOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:06 AM
jaisen73

To even have a shot at landing Ryan the Avs would have to give up a promising forward (Jones?) or one of their more solid defensive prospects (Elliot or Barrie) and at least a 2nd rounder.

jaisen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:43 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
It'd have to have stewart in it from avs side.

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 12:25 PM
noBSleafsFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin007 View Post
So I really want Bobby Ryan on Colorado. I think he'd be a great fit alongside Paul Stastny and could excel under our coaching staff, but I'm terrible at proposals, so I finally built up the nuts to take a wild swing. Don't hate too much, just fix.

To Colorado:
Bobby Ryan

To Anaheim:
Kyle Cumiskey
Peter Budaj
2nd Rounder

Close or brutal?
sorry, if it doesnt work on NHL10 it wont work in real life

noBSleafsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
Thank you
Not Duchene +, Stewart +

Btw, Duchene was 18-19 when he put up those rookie stats. Ryan was 20-21...and being labeled by some [idiots] as a bust because he was taking so long in the minors

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 02:54 AM
viach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
They speak finally about him ...To hope to have this player means to add Stewart in the proposal...

-> Bobby Ryan

-> Chris Stewart
-> a defensive prospects (Chouinard, Holos or Gaunce)
-> 2nd Rounder 2011 or 2012

viach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 03:13 AM
alx83*

Why is this thread still going? There's virtually no trade that would work out well for either teams liking.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 03:19 AM
viach

Quote:
Originally Posted by alx83 View Post
Why is this thread still going? There's virtually no trade that would work out well for either teams liking.
Maybe because we are in a Thread "Proposal"....

viach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 03:22 AM
alx83*

There's nothing to propose, lol.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Qvist

Quote:
So I really want Bobby Ryan on Colorado. I think he'd be a great fit alongside Paul Stastny and could excel under our coaching staff, but I'm terrible at proposals, so I finally built up the nuts to take a wild swing. Don't hate too much, just fix.

To Colorado:
Bobby Ryan

To Anaheim:
Kyle Cumiskey
Peter Budaj
2nd Rounder

Close or brutal?

I think your basic problem here is that Anaheim gives up a really top asset without getting anything nearly equivalent in return. I doubt anyone will be able to pry Ryan loose without giving up a first-rate asset as a part of the deal. For your team, that means Peter Mueller, Paul Stastny, Matt Duchene, Chris Stewart, Joey Hishon, Ryan O'Reilly and Kevin Shattenkirk - arguably also your 2011 1RP. All except Stastny or Duchene would likely require something additional. So, take your pick.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvist View Post
I think your basic problem here is that Anaheim gives up a really top asset without getting anything nearly equivalent in return. I doubt anyone will be able to pry Ryan loose without giving up a first-rate asset as a part of the deal. For your team, that means Peter Mueller, Paul Stastny, Matt Duchene, Chris Stewart, Joey Hishon, Ryan O'Reilly and Kevin Shattenkirk - arguably also your 2011 1RP. All except Stastny or Duchene would likely require something additional. So, take your pick.
Okay, so Paul Stastny and Matt Duchene are a cut above those other players. I would in fact classify them as more valuable than Bobby Ryan because a) they play center, b) they're both signed, c) they have better two way games, d) Matt Duchene is 2 years younger and has almost as high point totals while Paul Stastny has had higher point totals every year except for his injury shortened year.

Bobby Ryan is a very good goal scorer, potentially one of the best wings in the league for his career, but that's far more replaceable than top-tier two-way scoring centers. So it's my opinion that it would be Bobby Ryan + for either Matt Duchene or Paul Stastny. Please stop saying that it would take Duchene or Stastny+.

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Sean Garrity
#51in15 eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgeduck View Post
Okay, so Paul Stastny and Matt Duchene are a cut above those other players. I would in fact classify them as more valuable than Bobby Ryan because a) they play center, b) they're both signed, c) they have better two way games, d) Matt Duchene is 2 years younger and has almost as high point totals while Paul Stastny has had higher point totals every year except for his injury shortened year.

Bobby Ryan is a very good goal scorer, potentially one of the best wings in the league for his career, but that's far more replaceable than top-tier two-way scoring centers. So it's my opinion that it would be Bobby Ryan + for either Matt Duchene or Paul Stastny. Please stop saying that it would take Duchene or Stastny+.
Nice reading comprehension skills... he clearly stated that you probably wouldn't add to Stastny or Duchene coming back. Nice try though lol.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Hulk Hogan*

Quote:

To Colorado:
Bobby Ryan

To Anaheim:
Kyle Cumiskey
Peter Budaj
2nd Rounder

Close or brutal?

Hulk Hogan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:16 PM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgeduck View Post

Ryan is no slouch on D

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Creamy Freshness

Quote:
Originally Posted by viach View Post
They speak finally about him ...To hope to have this player means to add Stewart in the proposal...

-> Bobby Ryan

-> Chris Stewart
-> a defensive prospects (Chouinard, Holos or Gaunce)
-> 2nd Rounder 2011 or 2012
Why the ++? Stewart had the same amount of points as Ryan last year (in 4 fewer games), and is younger than Ryan. Other than Ryan's hype, what does he really have over Stewart?

Creamy Freshness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:29 PM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamy Freshness View Post
Why the ++? Stewart had the same amount of points as Ryan last year (in 4 fewer games), and is younger than Ryan. Other than Ryan's hype, what does he really have over Stewart?
not saying ryan is much better, but the fact is you guys want him and dont have the top pairing defesemen we need so get ready to overpay

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:33 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by defer View Post
not saying ryan is much better, but the fact is you guys want him and dont have the top pairing defesemen we need so get ready to overpay
the OP wants Ryan. Most Avs fans don't. So, no thanks to your offer to overpay for similar production, as enticing as it is.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote