HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this really needed?

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2010, 09:52 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Is this really needed?

Why are the PQ suddenly so interested in the Habs? All this does it bring more negative spotlight to the team.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...rois-habs.html

Old
09-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
This thread is not going to go far. I'd say maybe 2 to 3 pages before it gets locked for being too political. Heck, it's already too political with the article itself.

Quote:
Habs say talent beats language
That right there trumps the rest of the article. While I do feel what Marois is saying has some truth to it, the talent in today's era does not come from Quebec anymore. Back in the 70s, sure I'd love to have the team stacked with francophones, because they were some of the most talented and skilled players. Nowadays, the decline of francophone players is becoming bigger and bigger and until people from the PQ learn this, articles like this will continue to show up.

Old
09-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Bullsmith

I agree, it's completely inappropriate of the PQ to be telling the Habs who to hire. But the simple fact is Marois and most of the PQ old guard are xenophobes prefer to get elected by ginning up anger against anglos. It's more than sad. It's downright repulsive, frankly, no better than the anti-French bigotry out west.

Okay lock it up.

Old
09-16-2010, 10:04 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Hahaha what the ****? Is she retarded or something? The Habs are a private company.

Worse, they are a SPORTS TEAM. What a turd.

waffledave
Old
09-16-2010, 10:05 AM
napoleon in rags
Bernier the boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I agree, it's completely inappropriate of the PQ to be telling the Habs who to hire. But the simple fact is Marois and most of the PQ old guard are xenophobes prefer to get elected by ginning up anger against anglos. It's more than sad. It's downright repulsive, frankly, no better than the anti-French bigotry out west.

Okay lock it up.
I bet you've never been 'out west'.

Old
09-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Originalsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Hahaha what the ****? Is she retarded or something? The Habs are a private company.
Bingo! This stuff is getting out of hand. These people need to actually do a days work and stop wasting the tax payers time throwing their damn opinions around on things that shouldn't be in the plane of politics.

Old
09-16-2010, 10:08 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I just find the whole idea of a conspiracy so funny. It also gives the vibes that the Habs are franco only team and that anglos should not be fans. I mean 80 years ago maybe when the Maroons and other "anglo" based teams existed but from reading a book recently on the 100 years of the Habs, the team never really was only for the french in Montreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
Bingo! This stuff is getting out of hand. These people need to actually do a days work and stop wasting the tax payers time throwing their damn opinions around on things that shouldn't be in the plane of politics.

Funny enough is that this all started with the talk about government using tax dollars to pay for a new arena in Quebec City. These politicians keep mentioning the Nordiques as if all this is a sure thing and that this new Nordiques team will be franco...

Old
09-16-2010, 10:14 AM
McNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post

Okay lock it up.
While I agree that Marois needed to shut the hell up on this one, the "anger against anglos" is nothing compared to the Quebec bashing going down regularily in the west. Editorials in newspapers and Radio-show opinions only reinforce the anti-Quebec sentiment. For example, some dumb ***** in the Globe and Mail said a few years ago that the Dawson shooting was a result of law 101.

If you read the comments on CBC, you see that people call us nazis, or say "just separate already we don't want you anymore" and get 27 votes up and 7 votes down. The majority of canadians dislike french quebec, while half quebeckers naÔvely like Canada, as if Canada liked them back.

Old
09-16-2010, 10:14 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
I just don't understand why it is acceptable to the public that politicians are spending time talking about things like this when there are so many other issues to deal with.

It just seems to me that priorities are completely backwards for some people...If she wants to talk about sports, she's in the wrong career.

Old
09-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I just don't understand why it is acceptable to the public that politicians are spending time talking about things like this when there are so many other issues to deal with.

It just seems to me that priorities are completely backwards for some people...If she wants to talk about sports, she's in the wrong career.

This is soooooooooooooo stupid!!!!! What would they be saying if we had a full team of french players and finished 29th in the league EVERY YEAR because the team sucks???

There are lots fof french players in the NHL, but they obviously don't want to play in the pressure filled city of Montreal. If you are a french player playing in Montreal and you don't play like Lafleur or Rocket Richard....you are called down, bad-mouthed and bashed over and over in the media.....so why on earth would french players want to come to Montreal and deal with that everyday when they can play in some other city where they are just another hockey player on the local team??

What they don't realize is that articles like this one actually keep french players from ever wanting to come and play in Montreal. This is negative press and there is no place for it in any city. What ever happened to supporting your local sports team no matter what??

Old
09-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Sorry boys and girls, even though this is an interesting story. We can't have political discussions on this board.

Feel free to take this discussion to the political board and discuss it there.

- Ken Dryden
Closed Thread