HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruno Tweeted This....

Old
08-04-2010, 09:30 AM
jjricco8

vCash: 500
Bruno Tweeted This....

"Yes there's a lot of traffic at the blue line in LI. But inside competition is always good for a team, it brings out the best in everyone!"

He better step it up!!

Last edited by Homeland Security: 08-04-2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Added Twitter prefix.
jjricco8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjricco8 View Post
"Yes there's a lot of traffic at the blue line in LI. But inside competition is always good for a team, it brings out the best in everyone!"

He better step it up!!
Maybe he's talking about the competition on Hell's Kitchen, since he's "the chef"

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Moosie

At least he won't be shocked if he doesn't make the team.

Moosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosie View Post

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Isles Junkie

It's a shame he's such a poor hockey player, because he does have the right attitude and everyone in that locker room seems to really like him.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
It's a shame he's such a poor hockey player, because he does have the right attitude and everyone in that locker room seems to really like him.
Well...

You know whay they say, nice guys finish last.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:16 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
Well...

You know whay they say, nice guys finish last.
Pssh. That's hogwash. I mean look at the SC Champs. Patty Kane, wha...ok not him. Not like toews was arrested in colle...ok but bfyug is real nic...well, at least hossa never hurt anyone.

I'm just messing around but you're right. Bruno is a real nice dude, great chef(not that I know) & a better hockey player than any of us. What does that mean? Hell be in the press box or bridgeport this year. Dunno why his game has regressed but maybe the competition will motivate him. What was the threat last year? He was one of 3 d-men with more than 50 games experience(not including marty, bc, well, bones was hurt). Now there's a real threat he won't play so its possible he steps up. Not likely, but possible. I say much like the tambellini experiment ended this summer, unless he makes a 180 with his game, the gervais journey concludes at the end, or possibly during, this year.

isles31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:20 AM
malPHONEY

For what it's worth, the only goal I remember the Isles scoring against Buffalo in the playoffs in 2007 was scored by Gervais. Slapshot from the blueline, Jaffe criticized Miller as it didn't look like he was screened.

Islanders won that game.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
KH1

A lot of fans are going to be disappointed to see Chef Bruno get a lot of action this year, I'm afraid.

He's better than Jurcina so I think he'll be the 7th defenseman, and you know that the Isles won't go more than 10 games without suffering a big injury on the blueline.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 12:58 PM
OK Okposo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
A lot of fans are going to be disappointed to see Chef Bruno get a lot of action this year, I'm afraid.

He's better than Jurcina so I think he'll be the 7th defenseman, and you know that the Isles won't go more than 10 games without suffering a big injury on the blueline.
Not true..

OK Okposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post

Is Jurcina really that bad? I was always under the impression that he was a decent/average defenseman that if he played the body more can really take it up a notch in his play.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 01:36 PM
KH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Okposo View Post
Not true..
I disagree. Jurcina's big but offers little else--he makes a lot of bad giveaways, and he is easily beaten from the corners by players who aren't even that fast. Plus he offers nothing in the transition game.

Gervais was absolutely brutal last season, but he's at least shown flashes of effectiveness. Jurcina's been pretty bad his entire career--I'd be surprised if he sticks as more than a 7th defenseman.

Just my opinion, but I think that people are higher on Jurcina than they should be just because he's the new guy.

Old
08-04-2010, 02:13 PM
redbull
movin'on up

fans often fall in love with the notion of a "new player" - be it in a trade, UFA signing, etc.

there are a lot of garbage players in the league. for the most part, players available in trades/UFA are discarded by other organizations, sometimes for money, sometimes for value, sometimes for lack of talent.

the best players are typically locked-up, retained by the better organizations.

let's not fall too much in love with players whom we have yet to see in islander uniforms. not teenagers, not free agents.

THIS SEASON, outside of Streit and Roloson, our best players, our leaders, were primarily drafted by the islanders and developed by the islanders.

Tavares, Okposo, Bailey, Nielsen, Hunter (exception-trade), Moulson (exception-trade) Comeau, Martinek, MacDonald, Hillen
These players will define what the Islanders do in 2010/11.
---

Eaton, Wisniewski, Jurcina, Schremp, Parenteau - maybe, hopefully, these guys come in and play well, help elevate the team. but these are not core players, never were, never will be.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 05:58 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosie View Post

EASY NOW.... let me fix this for you....

At least he won't be shocked when he doesn't make the team.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 06:25 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
EASY NOW.... let me fix this for you....

At least he won't be shocked when he doesn't make the team.
I cant see how he DOES make the team.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
fans often fall in love with the notion of a "new player" - be it in a trade, UFA signing, etc.

there are a lot of garbage players in the league. for the most part, players available in trades/UFA are discarded by other organizations, sometimes for money, sometimes for value, sometimes for lack of talent.

the best players are typically locked-up, retained by the better organizations.

let's not fall too much in love with players whom we have yet to see in islander uniforms. not teenagers, not free agents.

THIS SEASON, outside of Streit and Roloson, our best players, our leaders, were primarily drafted by the islanders and developed by the islanders.

Tavares, Okposo, Bailey, Nielsen, Hunter (exception-trade), Moulson (exception-trade) Comeau, Martinek, MacDonald, Hillen
These players will define what the Islanders do in 2010/11.
---

Eaton, Wisniewski, Jurcina, Schremp, Parenteau - maybe, hopefully, these guys come in and play well, help elevate the team. but these are not core players, never were, never will be.
Moulson was a FA signing.

Don't know why people are bashing Gervais. If he makes your team that means he is playing well. Why bash him either way?

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
KH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
Don't know why people are bashing Gervais. If he makes your team that means he is playing well. Why bash him either way?
1) It's easy to bash him because he was truly terrible for most of last season.

2) Bashing him makes it easier to forget the scary fact that 2 years ago he was playing better than MacDonald or Hillen did last year, and either of them could easily fall victim to a regression just like Chef Bruno did.

Old
08-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
Moulson was a FA signing.

I'm one of those who contends that Gervais has been overused and THAT's been the absolute root of what was at times some very poor play, especially in keeping his assignments, clearing the puck out of the zone and decision-making with respect to passes.

I do believe that those Islander fans who think he isn't capable of playing in this league are overly hard on him. In a minimal role, he can play here and do it with fewer brainfarts.

We should see that in some capacity this year.

I do realize that he might prove me wrong and actually continue with the negatives above, despite only being out there for 8-12 minutes a game.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I like how you casually lump Eaton with Paranteau. Surely a joke, cause no one can seriously even casually mention them in the same breath. One is a top four d-man in the NHL and has done that with quality, cup winning and cup contending squads. The other is an AHL'r.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
I like how you casually lump Eaton with Paranteau. Surely a joke, cause no one can seriously even casually mention them in the same breath. One is a top four d-man in the NHL and has done that with quality, cup winning and cup contending squads. The other is an AHL'r.
I think you took redbull's post completely out of context.

The general point I got was that while those players (some more so than others) can add to this year's team in a positive way, they're not exactly the "core" of the Islanders.

Mark Eaton is not a core player. He wasn't a core player on the Pens either. That doesn't mean he sucks, or that he's comparable to someone like Paranteau. Simply just, he's a complimentary player, not someone you build future success squarely around.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I think you took redbull's post completely out of context.

The general point I got was that while those players (some more so than others) can add to this year's team in a positive way, they're not exactly the "core" of the Islanders.

Mark Eaton is not a core player. He wasn't a core player on the Pens either. That doesn't mean he sucks, or that he's comparable to someone like Paranteau. Simply just, he's a complimentary player, not someone you build future success squarely around.
Except Paranteau isn't even a complimentary guy. It looked like a list of players that were newly acquired. Which doesn't have anything to do with being a core player or not. I mean heck, Roloson is listed as one of two veteran presences after one season and Moulson listed in with the core. I like both players, but if we're isolating Wizneski and Eaton with Paranteau why do those two get to be considered veteran presence and core player while these guys get casually lumped with a dude whose an AHLr?

Heck, is COmeau really a core player? If its simply core as in we need these guys to produce, well, I'd have to say we need Wiz to step up and the success or failure of him would be a huge component of this team's succes or failure considering our past issues with lack of quality of blueliners.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 10:35 PM
King Isles 13

Send a message via AIM to King Isles 13
send him packing. i'd much rather get rid of him and the oft-injured radek and re-sign meyer to be the 7th dman.

King Isles 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:10 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjricco8 View Post

He better step it up!!
He should stop posting on twitter & concentrate on doing his job a bit better.

08-05-2010, 01:03 AM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
And here I thought he was tweeting about his next batch of cupcakes, given that NYI has an official sponsor and all.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Pnut

This Chef is now gone.....

and eventually this one will be too....

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote