HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Florida Panthers Prospect Poll #14

View Poll Results: Who is the Panthers #14 Ranked Prospect?
Kenndal McArdle - LW [2005 - 20th Overall] 19 40.43%
Alexander Salak - G [FA] 11 23.40%
Marc Cheverie - G [2006 - 193rd Overall] 2 4.26%
Connor Brickley - C [2010 - 50th Overall] 5 10.64%
Garrett Wilson - LW [2009 - 107th Overall] 2 4.26%
Joonas Donskoi - RW [2010 - 99th Overall] 2 4.26%
AJ Jenks - LW [2008 - 100th Overall] 2 4.26%
Scott Timmins - C [2009 - 165th Overall] 2 4.26%
Zachary Hyman - RW [2010 - 123rd Overall] 0 0%
Tyler Plante - G [2005 - 32nd Overall] 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2010, 08:21 AM
  #26
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
except... like... *he can contribute in some way in the nhl*

you don't have to like his upside, his hands, whatever. he absolutely *has* proven more than some these guys ranked ahead of him, though. remember, as much as some salivate over some of this kids, many will never play a game or play few games in the nhl.
You know why he has "proven" more than some of the other guys is because he is older and had the longest time to "prove" himself. We're talking about who will be the best prospect in 3-5 years, and that clearly isn't McArdle. Voting him into the 14th best prospect in some years is idiotic. Maybe some of the others won't see the NHL, but still as of this day they have more potential to have an impact than McArdle who has done nada.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 09:23 AM
  #27
TimHortons
Gud Night
 
TimHortons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
You know why he has "proven" more than some of the other guys is because he is older and had the longest time to "prove" himself. We're talking about who will be the best prospect in 3-5 years, and that clearly isn't McArdle. Voting him into the 14th best prospect in some years is idiotic. Maybe some of the others won't see the NHL, but still as of this day they have more potential to have an impact than McArdle who has done nada.


You've "proven" you can't hold a legitimate discussion with anyone else.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 10:31 AM
  #28
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post


You've "proven" you can't hold a legitimate discussion with anyone else.
"Okay"

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 08:03 PM
  #29
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
He's proved more than some of the younger guys. Though, obviously thats by virtue of being older in some cases. But he hasn't really proven anything of note at the professional level yet either.

The question is ; do you value more upside, or do you value concrete and absolute projections existing within a field of clearly defined limitations.

McArdle probably should be ranked between 15-20 IMO. He should certainly be behind Salak (who has actually proved alot at the Pro level, he is certainly a better AHL player) and Cherverie who was a top goaltender in the NCAA. These guys have more upside and possess a degree of high level performance at a high level of hockey.

A guy like Donskoi is going to be ranked below McArdle here. But i would absolutely rather have him in the system than McArdle.

I guess when you get to ranking at this level ; McArdle seems the obvious choice. But if someone asked you today, who would you rather keep in the system, Brickely, McArdle or Donskoi for example, you'd almost never take McArdle because we know what he is. And that "what" is barely anything.
yes, this essentially my rationale. if you asked me that last question, i'd probably agree and, if forced, might take a gamble on another kid. but that's not the point of this exercise. mcardle has value. he will play in the nhl. some of these other kids will certainly not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
You know why he has "proven" more than some of the other guys is because he is older and had the longest time to "prove" himself. We're talking about who will be the best prospect in 3-5 years, and that clearly isn't McArdle. Voting him into the 14th best prospect in some years is idiotic. Maybe some of the others won't see the NHL, but still as of this day they have more potential to have an impact than McArdle who has done nada.
well, i may be idiotic but your wrong. he hasn't proven more only because he's older; he's proven more because, unlike other prospects we've seen get a shot, he's actually gone out and contributed. he's done what has been asked.

and the exercise is not about who will be the best prospect in 3-5 years.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 08:14 AM
  #30
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Contributed? He hasn't done anything. He looked ok in very very limited minutes and wasn't a liability. At the AHL level - he isn't even relied upon as a top six forward. You need to redefine some words in your vocab ; because McArdle HAS ALOT TO PROVE.

Oh, and this poll absolutely is an excercise in finding out who will be the best players in 3-5 years time. Understand what the term PROSPECT is. Seriously, im amazed at the stupidity i read sometimes.

If this poll wans't about that (which it is), then how the hell is McFarland for instance above McArdle? Yeah ...

Seriously, im just in awe of what people come out with.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 04:34 AM
  #31
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Contributed? He hasn't done anything. He looked ok in very very limited minutes and wasn't a liability. At the AHL level - he isn't even relied upon as a top six forward. You need to redefine some words in your vocab ; because McArdle HAS ALOT TO PROVE.

Oh, and this poll absolutely is an excercise in finding out who will be the best players in 3-5 years time. Understand what the term PROSPECT is. Seriously, im amazed at the stupidity i read sometimes.

If this poll wans't about that (which it is), then how the hell is McFarland for instance above McArdle? Yeah ...

Seriously, im just in awe of what people come out with.
i'm in awe of your post. get over yourself, pal.

what the hell does "best player" even mean? there's a balance a bunch of different factors here, as far as i can tell and nobody has defined a precise mathematical formula. we aren't using hf's grading scale. instead it's just a vague balancing act between potential and current value.

and i never said mcardle is done proving himself, did i? no.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 05:04 AM
  #32
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i'm in awe of your post. get over yourself, pal.

what the hell does "best player" even mean? there's a balance a bunch of different factors here, as far as i can tell and nobody has defined a precise mathematical formula. we aren't using hf's grading scale. instead it's just a vague balancing act between potential and current value.

and i never said mcardle is done proving himself, did i? no.
So you're reply consists of a paragraph with a basic babbling, questioning now the parameters of how we measure players and success?

Yet, in your previous post, you say this poll isn't an excerise to judge who will be better in 3-5 years. Yet now you say its a balance between potential and current value, which i assume means NHL closeness, as current value actually includes long-term potential. This completely contradicts what you originally said.

So you have gone from saying this isn't an excersise in judging long-term potential, to saying it is a balance, to quering what the parameters of being the "better player" are. Your argument isn't consistent at all.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 05:19 AM
  #33
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
So you're reply consists of a paragraph with a basic babbling, questioning now the parameters of how we measure players and success?

Yet, in your previous post, you say this poll isn't an excerise to judge who will be better in 3-5 years. Yet now you say its a balance between potential and current value, which i assume means NHL closeness, as current value actually includes long-term potential. This completely contradicts what you originally said.

So you have gone from saying this isn't an excersise in judging long-term potential, to saying it is a balance, to quering what the parameters of being the "better player" are. Your argument isn't consistent at all.
i meant this isn't *only* about who will be better in 3-5 years. of course, that's a big part of it. that should've been obvious.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 03:53 AM
  #34
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i meant this isn't *only* about who will be better in 3-5 years. of course, that's a big part of it. that should've been obvious.
To quote you exactly.

"and the exercise is not about who will be the best prospect in 3-5 years."

So ...

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 09:47 AM
  #35
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
To quote you exactly.

"and the exercise is not about who will be the best prospect in 3-5 years."

So ...
as i said, i meant "not only". i mean, c'mon dude... of course what the player turns out to be in 3-5 years is part of it.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.