HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Worst of Les Canadiens!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-04-2010, 06:20 PM
  #26
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
you guys just reminded me of the time Olaf Kolzig was interviewed after a win against the habs.

Olaf: "ya we won, im happy but there was one point where i was almost scared. that's when one of the canadiens player went on a break away coming out of the of penalty box. When i realized it was Patrick Traverse, i relaxed and one of our guys easil caught up to him to nullify any chance he may of had".

That was also the year the entire upper management staff was fired and Savard was brought in.

Shortly after, the Polish Princess joined our team. Remember that? Remember how we were so happy to finally have a scoring winger?

And people want to get rid of AK? Lol
What was the deal? a 5th and Asham? I was pretty psyched when that one went down, if we only knew.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 06:43 PM
  #27
HabsUnited
Registered User
 
HabsUnited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
I'll never forget 2001. Spent the first 30-ish games listening to Les Amateurs de Sports; people were calling in saying we need to bring up Éric Landry, that he'd save us. How low we had sunk...and of course he didn't. Then the nightmare season ended, and before the new one could begin we lost Saku to cancer. That day was my all-time low point as a sports fan.

HabsUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 06:58 PM
  #28
dcyhabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
I am pretty sure saku has always had a horrid team to play for in Montreal except one yr. So you must be like a 5 yr old or something cause you obviously didn't see him play. He was an amazing leader who overcame cancer. I am pretty sure that's more of an accomplishment then winning a cup. grow up buddy. ONE player can't win you a cup. Specially when Oleg petrov and brian savage are the leading scorers on the team other then Koivu. Shake your head
Koivu was leading the league in scoring before his knee injury. He was good when he came back, but never the same. Unluckiest player ever, knee injury, cancer, eye injury (and what was it with Justin Williams, 3 high sticks in the series and more on the way to the cup with no calls, ever. He must have had pictures of something the refs didn't want us to see).

Depressing to think of what he could have done with a little more health. I remember Quintal picking him up by his jersey in practice after getting deked too many times...

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 08:41 PM
  #29
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,271
vCash: 500
the 2000-2001 quad was the lowest of all lows. We should have seen it coming with what we had in 99/00, but that team put up a miraculous fight for a playoff spot.

Thank goodness for Sergei Zholtok who came in and basically assumed the top centre role with all the injuries... and he scored 26 goals. Theodore provided rock solid goaltending and the goalie controversy had officially started.

Somehow, that team went on a 7 game winning streak down the stretch, and were still alive to make the playoffs for game #82.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 12:57 AM
  #30
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
the 2000-2001 quad was the lowest of all lows. We should have seen it coming with what we had in 99/00, but that team put up a miraculous fight for a playoff spot.

Thank goodness for Sergei Zholtok who came in and basically assumed the top centre role with all the injuries... and he scored 26 goals. Theodore provided rock solid goaltending and the goalie controversy had officially started.

Somehow, that team went on a 7 game winning streak down the stretch, and were still alive to make the playoffs for game #82.
wrong year. that was 2001-2002.

i remember clear as day. especially that victory against Ottawa, where we were winning 4-1 going into the 3rd period when Ottawa finally decided they were going to start playing hockey. They scored 2 quick goals but the habs managed to hold on to the win to clinch a spot in the playoffs.

Then Zednik caught fire, 8 pts in 4 games, until that mofo Mclaren decked him.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:28 AM
  #31
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
wrong year. that was 2001-2002.

i remember clear as day. especially that victory against Ottawa, where we were winning 4-1 going into the 3rd period when Ottawa finally decided they were going to start playing hockey. They scored 2 quick goals but the habs managed to hold on to the win to clinch a spot in the playoffs.

Then Zednik caught fire, 8 pts in 4 games, until that mofo Mclaren decked him.
no, the habs made the playoffs in 2001-2002. I'm talking about the year where koivu and linden missed the majority of the season to injuries and zholtok scored 26 goals.

Habs went on a 7 game winning streak down the stretch but lost their final game to ottawa, and missed the playoffs.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:36 AM
  #32
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
no, the habs made the playoffs in 2001-2002. I'm talking about the year where koivu and linden missed the majority of the season to injuries and zholtok scored 26 goals.

Habs went on a 7 game winning streak down the stretch but lost their final game to ottawa, and missed the playoffs.
We fired all those coaches for nothing, sucks. Only ones I wanted out were Therrien after Savard came down with the rulebook and Houle who was our worst DG in history.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.