HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Three-Way Trade: DAL-BUF-PIT

Old
08-05-2010, 11:44 AM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

vCash: 500
Dallas is not looking to make any deals that involve centermen unless they are upgrading, and going from Roy to Ribeiro is not an upgrade. If it was Connoly to Ribeiro or Connoly + for Richars, then something could get worked out there.

Dallas gets: Connoly, Sekera, Stafford, 1st
Buffalo gets: Richards, Neal, mid pick

TheKingSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundin is my hero View Post
Dallas is not looking to make any deals that involve centermen unless they are upgrading, and going from Roy to Ribeiro is not an upgrade. If it was Connoly to Ribeiro or Connoly + for Richars, then something could get worked out there.

Why take 2/3 of the first line when you can have them all? Take out the mid pick and throw in that overrated salary dump Loui Eriksson and it's fair.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
I know thats not the only reason to sign him, but he has skill and potential. And if Buff and Pitt both know that Stafford could score 30 with Crosby it makes he more valueable. he cleary doesnt fit in with Lindy Ruff style or he does not like him. But if Shero doesnt start taking a chance on players like this than sid is going to be stuck with players like dupuis all his career. And at some point Crosby needs to be team up with a scorer to maximize his talent
His value is determined by what he's done in the circumstances he's been in. Contrary to popular HF belief, Pittsburgh is not going to pay more for a player based on what he might do with one of their star players - if they did that, they'd be overpaying for everyone.

Stafford's no better option for his price than any number of UFAs or prospects in the Pens system. It doesn't make sense to give up a 2nd rounder or more for him.

Warm Cookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
His value is determined by what he's done in the circumstances he's been in. Contrary to popular HF belief, Pittsburgh is not going to pay more for a player based on what he might do with one of their star players - if they did that, they'd be overpaying for everyone.

Stafford's no better option for his price than any number of UFAs or prospects in the Pens system. It doesn't make sense to give up a 2nd rounder or more for him.
The sabres could def ask for alot, they know stafford has talent and could strive in pitt. Why would they not take advantage of that, Stafford is alot more valueable to Pitt than he is to Buffalo

And no there are no better options in the Pitt system, Tangradi maybe but they could use himself and Stafford on the team. 1.9 mil isnt bad for a potential 30 goal scorer. And there is nothing but trash left on the FA market

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Ugene Malkin
Hello Mr. Andersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by terex View Post
Reading comprehension.

I suggested a 1st OR 2nd going out from Pittsburgh, and a mid-level prospect OR long-shot prospect OR late pick going back to Pittsburgh in return.

Frankly, I am content with going into the season with what we have. I like the looks of this defense. If the defense works out, I would be very open to moving Letang for a guy like Neal next off-season.

Ultimately, I think the Pens stand pat and see what they've got. No need to re-shuffle the deck when you've already got a pretty damn good hand.
My bad, but a 1st should never be in the same sentence as Stafford, and if the Pens are trading for Neal, who needs Stafford, or this three way. That means Staal would stay on the third line.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
The sabres could def ask for alot, they know stafford has talent and could strive in pitt. Why would they not take advantage of that, Stafford is alot more valueable to Pitt than he is to Buffalo

And no there are no better options in the Pitt system, Tangradi maybe but they could use himself and Stafford on the team. 1.9 mil isnt bad for a potential 30 goal scorer. And there is nothing but trash left on the FA market
The Sabres can ask for whatever they please.

Stafford is not a potential 30 goal-scorer except in the eyes of some very optimistic Buffalo fans. By all means, keep him - there are more than enough alternative options to pass on him and not look back.

Old
08-05-2010, 07:12 PM
JesusNPucks

Quote:

I'm almost certain that "Richards + Neal" would fetch a whole lot more that...

JesusNPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 07:14 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:

Richards and Neal starts with Ennis. Then addition.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 08:17 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Why would Buffalo give up Roy for Ribeiro? That's a lateral move, at best. With Ennis and Gerbe (and perhaps even Kassian) vying for spots, they have no need for Brunnstrom and his one-way contract either.
Agreed Chainshot. I will say though that Kassian isn't coming near the big club this season. Did you catch him at development camp? His skating needs alot of work.

And Roy isn't going anywhere with the chemistry him and Vanek have. Unless its Richards from Dallas, then Buffalo may be willing to put a package together for him if they were approached I'm sure. But I think Dallas is going to resign him themselves, and why not.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 08:53 PM
mgeise

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
This might be overpayment but:

To Dal:
Stafford
Enroth
2nd From Pit

To Buf:
Staal
Benn

To Pit:
Pominville
Riberio

What Dallas Gets:
An Offensively gifted Forward with Skills never utilized in Buffalo's System. They get considered one of the better Goalie PROSPECTS in the League and a 2nd round draft pick for Riberio. Also gets a ton of cap space to make more moves.

What Buffalo Gets:
An Upgrade @ Center which will help in putting Either Roy/Connolly at wing where they play better. Also a bigger body for a loaded position. Though they lose Pominville's services on the PP and PK they receive an upgrade in those areas.

What Pit gets:
A replacement for Staal(not better but still not that bad), and a proven goal scorer who can play on Pit's first line. The much needed partner for either Crosby or Malkin who can also help on the pp. Though the cap situation might not help(Not too sure how they are).

Just a thought.
We (the Sabres) make out like bandits. Pitt takes on too much salary.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

If I'm Ray Shero....Done deal, no trade backs.

However, I think Lloyd Christmas has a better chance of hooking up with Mary Swanson than this trade happening......"What was all that 1 in a million talk"

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleta36 View Post
We (the Sabres) make out like bandits. Pitt takes on too much salary.
Not to mention we have absolutely no need for Ribeiro. None.

Old
08-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Agreed Chainshot. I will say though that Kassian isn't coming near the big club this season. Did you catch him at development camp? His skating needs alot of work.
Not just his skating, but his physical intensity was not what I wanted to see either. That may or may not be the Kaleta effect (where they told Pat to simmer down the hitting in Dev Camp after he blew up Paul Byron, damaging Paul's shoulder), but either way, Foligno was clearly the most physical forward on the ice in scrimmages.