HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Roger Huerta makes women beater pay .... VIDEO

Old
08-04-2010, 11:04 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
There aren't a lot of situations I could condone someone hitting a female, but there are definately some situations out there where it would be appropriate.

Most of those, however, are self-defense scenarios which doesn't appear to be the case in this situation.

I see it all happened after 2AM.. yet another lesson that very little good happens outside of a club after it closes.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:30 AM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Judging by the responses I got, no you don't. You don't know that he's an abusive woman-beater any more than I know she's a conniving *****.

To each his own, and I realize that the odds are he got what he deserved and she's a victim.
Yes, we do.

He punched a woman in the face on tape. That is proof enough. There is our proof for calling him a woman beater. Now, if you will kindly supply us with a video of said woman being a conniving ***** to her attacker I will happily stand corrected.

Until we see a video with the chick being a "conniving *****".. until we see this you come across as an ******* who advocates hitting women. You are throwing out ridiculous hypotheticals from **** accusation to someone murdering one's family as justification for punching a woman. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she didn't accuse this guy of **** and didn't murder his family. That is not relevant and you are reaching desperately my man.

As you said to each his own I guess.

Last edited by El Dandy*: 08-05-2010 at 12:42 AM.
El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:48 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rainbow Express View Post
Yes, we do.

He punched a woman in the face on tape. That is proof enough. There is our proof for calling him a woman beater. Now, if you will kindly supply us with a video of said woman being a conniving ***** to her attacker I will happily stand corrected.

Until we see a video with the chick being a "conniving *****".. until we see this you come across as an ******* who advocates hitting women. You are throwing out ridiculous hypotheticals from **** accusation to someone murdering one's family as justification for punching a woman. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she didn't accuse this guy of **** and didn't murder his family. That is not relevant and you are reaching desperately my man.

As you said to each his own I guess.
Wow, dude. What happened to you? Andy threw that my way but it seems like you're the one with issues. It was a passing comment, I'm not arguing for this guy's innocence or making him out to be a martyr. He got what he deserved. But if there were more to the story and he was justified, he'd get the same treatment and you'd be spewing the same crap.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:54 AM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:
Wow, dude. What happened to you? Andy threw that my way but it seems like you're the one with issues. It was a passing comment, I'm not arguing for this guy's innocence or making him out to be a martyr. He got what he deserved. But if there were more to the story and he was justified, he'd get the same treatment and you'd be spewing the same crap.
Well if we see any stories come out about the guy popping the chick in the face as vengeance because she accused him of **** and he got 20 years to serve as you suggest she may or may not have done, I will happily stand corrected and admit my ignorance.

Old
08-05-2010, 01:14 AM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
Well if we see any stories come out about the guy popping the chick in the face as vengeance because she accused him of **** and he got 20 years to serve as you suggest she may or may not have done, I will happily stand corrected and admit my ignorance.
The fact that it's a possibility proves we're all ignorant. The fact that you can't admit that you're not omniscient unless proven so (lol) says a lot about you.

Out of curiosity, would it have been any different if he hung out with a huge >200 lbs woman and he had her clock her instead? Then it'd just be a girl fight and everybody would be cool with it, right?

Old
08-05-2010, 01:31 AM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:
The fact that it's a possibility proves we're all ignorant. The fact that you can't admit that you're not omniscient unless proven so (lol) says a lot about you.

Out of curiosity, would it have been any different if he hung out with a huge >200 lbs woman and he had her clock her instead? Then it'd just be a girl fight and everybody would be cool with it, right?
No it doesn't. It proves you are using McCarthyism. You are using McCarthyism to try and justify hitting a woman.

This can go in circles for a while and we can just leave it at something you suggested 2 or 3 posts ago: agree to disagree.

Old
08-05-2010, 01:46 AM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
No it doesn't. It proves you are using McCarthyism. You are using McCarthyism to try and justify hitting a woman.

This can go in circles for a while and we can just leave it at something you suggested 2 or 3 posts ago: agree to disagree.
Bahaha, yeah man, think what you want about me. What you're doing fits McCarthyism far closer. I'm not attacking your character like you're attacking mine, but since when have little things like facts gotten in people's way?

Old
08-05-2010, 01:49 AM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Bahaha, yeah man, think what you want about me. What you're doing fits McCarthyism far closer. I'm not attacking your character like you're attacking mine, but since when have little things like facts gotten in people's way?
He isnt attacking your character he is attacking your horrible argument.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 01:57 AM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
He isnt attacking your character he is attacking your horrible argument.
It's not an argument. It's pretty safe to say there are cases where it would be justified to hit a woman. Psycho with a weapon, threatening the lives of loved ones, take your pick.

I'm not saying this is the case, just throwing it out there that "man, it would suck for that guy if she wasn't worth defending." I'm not saying that the case, just pointing out how it could be crappy. I'm terribly sorry if hypotheticals escape you guys, but they're hypothetical, and have no effect on the real world.

Old
08-05-2010, 08:53 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

^ Hypotheticals are great, but when the news story flat out says she was some random lady standing on the edge of the crowd, it seems weird to the rest of us that you need to bring something up like that.

Unless its self defense, I just can't see the ends justifying the means, especially in a crowd, on camera...

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 09:30 AM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
^ Hypotheticals are great, but when the news story flat out says she was some random lady standing on the edge of the crowd, it seems weird to the rest of us that you need to bring something up like that.

Unless its self defense, I just can't see the ends justifying the means, especially in a crowd, on camera...
You mean the TMZ news story? Right, beacuse they would never stretch the truth.

Old
08-05-2010, 10:06 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

^ Either way, I didn't see a weapon in the ladies hand or have heard any reports of any kind from any outlet, source etc, that the women physically harmed the guy.

Edit: Wouldn't it be to tmz's benefit if there was a huge back story and what not instead of the little one and done piece they wrote?

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

As good of a guy as Huerta seems in his interviews and interactions with the fans, he did have a very very rough upbringing, so I'm not terribly surprised that he can hit a switch like that.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:42 AM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Wasn't his mom physically abusive towards him when he was a kid, or something to that effect? Kind of a weird sidenote.

Old
08-05-2010, 11:48 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9 View Post
So what's a fair response then? I'd say kicking the guy's ass and laying him out on the ground is fairly appropriate, I'm down with that.You think he deserved even more.. so what's that?

I'm sorry, but I've seen aftermaths from club fights where guys have been curbstomped to the point where their entire face and jaw is smashed and guys are crying and can barely string together 'Get Help' because they have almost no capability to talk anymore. It's sick **** and I'd never advocate that.
You've clearly never been in a street fight. After you knock a guy down, you make sure he doesn't get back up. What if he gets back up with a knife or a guy? You make sure he's knocked the **** out.

And in all honesty? This guy deserved to "have been curbstomped to the point where their entire face and jaw is smashed and guys are crying and can barely string together 'Get Help'". Sucker punching a woman is the biggest ***** move I can imagine.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:56 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

blah blah blah Since I can't delete a post that might be wrong, I'll resort to just saying blah blah blah

Last edited by ECL: 08-05-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old
08-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Wasn't his mom physically abusive towards him when he was a kid, or something to that effect? Kind of a weird sidenote.
He was abandoned by his parents after bouncing around for years, lived out of a car, and eventually was adopted by one of his high school teachers. I don't think he's ever really gone into great detail, but I'm sure he either witnessed or was the victim of domestic violence somewhere in the story. No doubt, seeing one's mother being beaten on will impact the way one views and reacts to these kinds of situations.

Old
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
He was abandoned by his parents after bouncing around for years, lived out of a car, and eventually was adopted by one of his high school teachers. I don't think he's ever really gone into great detail, but I'm sure he either witnessed or was the victim of domestic violence somewhere in the story. No doubt, seeing one's mother being beaten on will impact the way one views and reacts to these kinds of situations.
You've got it more than I do.

Old
08-05-2010, 12:22 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

There are few situations that warrant a stomping with shoes on, and this was one of them. He should have stomped the guy's fingers too. I did that to a guy who pushed a girl down a flight of stairs at a party a few years ago. Sometimes a regular beating to the face isn't enough of a reminder to not be a scum bag. Waking up and being physically unable to punch/push serves as a nice reminder.

Last edited by yakitate304: 08-05-2010 at 12:30 PM.
yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:50 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You've clearly never been in a street fight. After you knock a guy down, you make sure he doesn't get back up. What if he gets back up with a knife or a guy? You make sure he's knocked the **** out.

And in all honesty? This guy deserved to "have been curbstomped to the point where their entire face and jaw is smashed and guys are crying and can barely string together 'Get Help'". Sucker punching a woman is the biggest ***** move I can imagine.
Yeah, I've been in a bunch of streetfights and I've never felt the need to stomp somebody when they've been on the ground.. it's never even crossed my mind. Doing stuff like that is what gets you shot or stabbed by one of their buddies nearby.. much less in a place like Texas.

I haven't had a guy sucker-punch my g/f though, if that was the case then I'm sure my mentality would be a bit different. Anyways, like I said before I'm not defending what the guy did at all I think it's awesome Huerta KO'd him.

Old
08-05-2010, 12:59 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
From what I've read in a few interviews, he was abused by his real mother, abandoned, then abused by his stepmother. His story is pretty crazy, although unfortunately a bit more common than most would like to think.

Old
08-05-2010, 02:30 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Yeah, I've been in a bunch of streetfights and I've never felt the need to stomp somebody when they've been on the ground.. it's never even crossed my mind. Doing stuff like that is what gets you shot or stabbed by one of their buddies nearby.. much less in a place like Texas.

I haven't had a guy sucker-punch my g/f though, if that was the case then I'm sure my mentality would be a bit different. Anyways, like I said before I'm not defending what the guy did at all I think it's awesome Huerta KO'd him.
NOT making sure a guy is knocked out is what will get you stabbed or shot. Trust me. I've had someone get back up after a fight and try and hurt me. Not with a knife or anything, but the dude tried to sucker me. You make sure the guy is down and out. It's the safest way FOR YOU to end a fight.

Old
08-05-2010, 03:12 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
NOT making sure a guy is knocked out is what will get you stabbed or shot. Trust me. I've had someone get back up after a fight and try and hurt me. Not with a knife or anything, but the dude tried to sucker me. You make sure the guy is down and out. It's the safest way FOR YOU to end a fight.
Safest way one-on-one, for sure. Same thing happened to me.. had him down, tried to be nice to the guy and got up, and he jumped at me again. Situations like this outside of a bar though.. it's way more of a gang mentality and and doing something considered being cheap like stomping lead to other people getting involved. Anyways not a big deal, different experiences someone's had in situations like that will lead to different reactions.

Old
08-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

He speaks:
Quote:
I just donít think that it's right to hit a woman. I approached the man calmly and said, 'Do you know what you just did? You just knocked out this girl.' [He responds] '***** you, ***** these *****es, I'll knock out any *****in' ***** that I wanna *****in' knock out, Iíll knock your *****ing ***** ass out.' ... As he's saying this, he's taking off his shirt ... and at that point I was like, alright ... I got the better of him and I left. If that was my mom, if that was my sister, my spouse, anyone Ö I wouldíve wanted someone to step in and do something about it.

Old
08-05-2010, 04:23 PM
kurt
the last emperor

According to Cagepotato, the guy at the end of the video is probably NOT Huerta, and there's discussion that TMZ may have edited the video to include his tribal ink.

http://www.cagepotato.com/tmz-mislea...eetfight-video

Crazy if true.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote