HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle Still a Leaf: Three Deals That Can Change That

Old
08-04-2010, 03:46 PM
carlweezer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop40 View Post
I can't wait until this is over. Everything on this side of the boards is about Kabs.
To be honest i dont really get it, ya of course Kaberle is a good player on a good contract but the amount of threads and posts started on him is inexplicable..i dont even consider Kaberle a top 15 Dman in the league...

I might as well backup my comment..

Lidstrom
Chara
Doughty
Myers
Keith
Bouwmeester
Boyle
Seabrook
Green
Pronger
Timmonen
Gonchar
Weber
Sutter
Phaneuf
Markov

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavsson View Post
I think you answered your own question there.
I don't buy it. It seems like flimsy reasoning to get the player TO wants.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlweezer View Post
read the post..it says my predictions will happen before the op's does..

lets look at the facts here..

Question
whats the return Kaberle is likely to get right now?

Answer
not much....Burke was quoted on saying " teams will have to do much better than the offers he is getting right now if they want Kaberle"

So obviously NOBODY in the league is willing to give up a Kassian, Simmonds, Teubert, Richards etc etc for what they think is 1 year of Kaberle..

which makes my post reasonably....either Burke sucks it up and eat crow and trade Kaberle for way below value...or he keeps him and risk him walking away for nothing next year or signing a long term contract
Yes, let's look at the facts.

Quote:
A source told the National Post that one of the offers that the Leafs rejected had involved a top-six forward in addition to a first-round draft pick.
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz0v9CnoLz5

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
jamz

Streit isn't better than Kaberle in any aspect of the game apart from his shot.

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:48 PM
carlweezer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiteki View Post
All 3 trades massively overvalue Kabs... treating him like a top 10 dman in the league instead of ~top 30 (he's top 10 offensively but if you think he's anything but a liability defensively, you're kidding yourself).

10 dmans better than Kabs (random picking, could be quite a few more starting with 8 of the 9 with more points than him last year)
Mike Green (probably the only one not better than Kab defensively)
Duncan Keith
Drew Doughty
Dan Boyle
Chris Pronger
Sergei Gonchar
Mark Streit
Nicklas Lidstrom (even after 40!)

Besides those with more points (and i left out Enstrom since realistically he isn't a 50+ pt dman) you have others who score similar number of points but are much better overall or brings more to the table... namely:
Chara
Myers
Weber

etc... basically a short list already has more than 10 dmans that are better right now than Kabs. Probably not hard to find another 20 that you could argue is better than Kabs but the 12 listed are without a doubt better than Kabs.

WEIRD!! great minds think alike..i posted my list before reading this post

Old
08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
carlweezer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
well you want a "source" or you want what Brian Burke said on camera? up to you..

p.s. top 6 forward? what does that mean?

To Toronto
Samuellson

To Vancouver
Kaberle

top 6 forward there.

Old
08-04-2010, 03:55 PM
TyBOZAK*

To
BUF : Tomas Kaberle, 2nd round pick
To
TOR : Derek Roy, 1st round pick

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:55 PM
htpwn

Quote:
well you want a "source" or you want what Brian Burke said on camera? up to you..

p.s. top 5 forward? what does that mean?

To Toronto
Samuellson

To Vancouver
Kaberle

top 6 forward there.
What about what Burke said? What are you referring to?

I don't doubt saying a "Top 6 Forward" is vague. Still, it should be enough to put all this stuff to rest about Kaberle being worth only a 2nd round pick and some crappy prospect.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:56 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor7777 View Post
I don't buy it. It seems like flimsy reasoning to get the player TO wants.
First of all, we're all fans on a message board and have absolutely no impact on trade negotiations. Why would I spew garbage? Does my wanting Mike Ribeiro make it more likely that he'll be traded here? Some people take HF way too seriously.

Second of all, Dallas has a bunch of young players that are going to need significant raises over the next year or so. Why would they keep Ribeiro at the expense of losing a Neal or Benn?

Finally, do your own research before dismissing my points: I'm aware of the situation in Dallas and you should be too before commenting on my reasoning.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:58 PM
piere McGuire*

Quote:

1..Kaberle will be traded for little in return, 2nd rnd draft picks ..mid level prospects etc..because with the whole LEAGUE knowing that Burke wants to move Kaberle it puts the leafs at a disadvantage bargaining stance. The auction they had hoped for isnt coming.

You need to wake up.

Burke says there are 6 teams interested in Kaberle and their offers keep getting better, meaning an auction of some sort.

Burke would not trade kaberle if he could only get a 2nd and a prospect, so that won't happen.

I read somewhere that Burke was offered a top 6 forward and a top 60 draft pick and he rejected the deal, meaning there is better offers on the table, or he is confident there will be better offers.

A lot of the team interested in Kaberle are also Interested in Ilya Koalchuck (NJD, LAK) so once that whole situation is figured out (maybe late this weak, if not early next weak) then they will be more focused on Kaberle because he will be the best player available.

piere McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:59 PM
timorousme
luongod

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
if Burke was offered a top six and a first round pick, he really should have jumped on that, unless the top six player was undesirable and the first was low, which I'm going to assume they were.

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
First of all, we're all fans on a message board and have absolutely no impact on trade negotiations. Why would I spew garbage? Does my wanting Mike Ribeiro make it more likely that he'll be traded here? Some people take HF way too seriously.

Second of all, Dallas has a bunch of young players that are going to need significant raises over the next year or so. Why would they keep Ribeiro at the expense of losing a Neal or Benn?

Finally, do your own research before dismissing my points: I'm aware of the situation in Dallas and you should be too before commenting on my reasoning.
Like I said, I'm not buying it. I'm not saying you're "spewing garbage", just simply wrong in your analysis. It happens. Opinions and all that....

Old
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by timorousme View Post
if Burke was offered a top six and a first round pick, he really should have jumped on that, unless the top six player was undesirable and the first was low, which I'm going to assume they were.
Easily could have been Briere + Phi 1st or Drury + NYR 1st or something similar

hatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor7777 View Post
Like I said, I'm not buying it. I'm not saying you're "spewing garbage", just simply wrong in your analysis. It happens. Opinions and all that....
How can you say I'm wrong if you're not aware of the situation of the second team in this discussion?

Old
08-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Bejamin1*

All of those proposals will horrible. It's not like you're alone though. Pretty much 99% of proposals are made by droolers with no clue.

Bejamin1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
How can you say I'm wrong if you're not aware of the situation of the second team in this discussion?
Go back and read my original post. I said I don't follow them closely. However, I'm aware they're trying to get their get salaries down for prospective buyers. What I don't see is them getting fleeced for a Kaberle rental. Why not trade Ribeiro for prospects? Why a one year rental? They're not going to be making a run next year so it seems like a hell of a waste to me.

Old
08-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Reacher Gilt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
Grabovski is a decent 2nd line center.
In the AHL?

Reacher Gilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Kings say absolutely not, thanks.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 04:09 PM
voxel

Kaberle for B.Richards seems like a fair deal WITH conditional (2nd) picks on both sides. i.e

2nd to Toronto if Kaberle resigns with Dallas.
2nd to Dallas if B.Richards resigns with Toronto.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
timorousme
luongod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
Easily could have been Briere + Phi 1st or Drury + NYR 1st or something similar
yeah there's a good chance it was a garbage contract (for some reason Ryder + Bos 1 is coming to mind), but how many years has this been going on for and apparently this is the best offef?

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piere McGuire View Post
You need to wake up.

Burke says there are 6 teams interested in Kaberle and their offers keep getting better, meaning an auction of some sort.

Burke would not trade kaberle if he could only get a 2nd and a prospect, so that won't happen.

I read somewhere that Burke was offered a top 6 forward and a top 60 draft pick and he rejected the deal, meaning there is better offers on the table, or he is confident there will be better offers.

A lot of the team interested in Kaberle are also Interested in Ilya Koalchuck (NJD, LAK) so once that whole situation is figured out (maybe late this weak, if not early next weak) then they will be more focused on Kaberle because he will be the best player available.
Burke says a lot of things. All GM's lie - so it's not just Burke - but I think it's pretty obvious that if Kaberle was so in demand - he likely would have been traded already.

Like someone said - this is likely how this plays out:

1) Kaberle resigns in TOR (now or sometime during the year)
2) Kaberle is traded for less than what Burke is reportedly asking for. (Or the definition of "top 6 forward" is somewhat loosely defined)
3) Kaberle traded at deadline for typical "rental" return (aka - prospect & pick)
4) Kaberle does not waive NTC, and leaves as a UFA next off-season.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 04:16 PM
carlweezer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Burke says a lot of things. All GM's lie - so it's not just Burke - but I think it's pretty obvious that if Kaberle was so in demand - he likely would have been traded already.

2) Kaberle is traded for less than what Burke is reportedly asking for. (Or the definition of "top 6 forward" is somewhat loosely defined)
3) Kaberle traded at deadline for typical "rental" return (aka - prospect & pick)4) Kaberle does not waive NTC, and leaves as a UFA next off-season.
thanks for agreeing with my post..

Also the bolded is barring that Kaberle waives his NTC

Old
08-04-2010, 04:18 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post

3) Kaberle traded at deadline for typical "rental" return (aka - prospect & pick)
4) Kaberle does not waive NTC, and leaves as a UFA next off-season.
So, you think it's out of the realm of possibility that Kaberle returns a significant, top-6 forward?

Funny how you leave that out of your list.

Old
08-04-2010, 04:22 PM
quesosauce

all those deals STINK

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
So, you think it's out of the realm of possibility that Kaberle returns a significant, top-6 forward?

Funny how you leave that out of your list.
I think most people feel that way.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote