HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark MacMillan traded to Penticton in the BCHL

Old
08-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
While it was the politically correct answer to give, the "wanting to be close to home" is not the issue. He was happy with Alberni Valley and would have stayed had it not been for the "suggestion" from the Habs' brass at the development camp a few weeks ago. Being in a winning program was key and Penticton happens to be his home town. There were other options in the Okanagan who also have excellent hockey programs.
Not that I don't believe you. I do 'cause you wouldn't say that out of nowhere. But I have the hardest of time to believe it based on how this organization never wants to intervene on anything. Always mentioning how it's always the players' decision and we have no doubt to believe what they're saying.

I'm actually happy to see them having a word on the career path's of a player they'll put some money into.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Riggins

While I'd love to see him on the Vancouver Giants, in MacMillan's case I think it is probably in his best interest to go the college route. It gives him way more time to develop (and hopefully bulk up), attend a good program and get an education in case his hockey career doesn't work out.

Riggins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Done

Scroll down a little in this blog for more info on Mark (and his bro, Mitch) from the AV Bulldog's play by play man's blog: http://hammersdogs.blogspot.com

Nobody is more connected to a team's coach's, management and players than Evan Hammond so you get some candid stuff.

Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not that I don't believe you. I do 'cause you wouldn't say that out of nowhere. But I have the hardest of time to believe it based on how this organization never wants to intervene on anything. Always mentioning how it's always the players' decision and we have no doubt to believe what they're saying.

I'm actually happy to see them having a word on the career path's of a player they'll put some money into.
You're right Whitesnake. We've known each other here for long enough that you know I'm sure that I wouldn't say things that I didn't know first hand. Let's just say that the source is... undeniable.

The Canadiens wanted MacMillan in a good hockey program. They were pushing hard for Vancouver in the WHL, or at the very least to a team in contention, a good program in the BCHL.

Alberni Valley has excellent owners who know what they're doing and they are building a good solid program out there, but it's not yet at the level of Penticton, Vernon or Salmon Arm. They were losing 13 players (including Mark's brother Mitch) this year and were in a rebuilding phase. Mark is scheduled to attend North Dakota in two years, which means that he only has one year left in the BCHL. The Habs wanted him in a winning environment and Mark requested a trade. The "I want to be closer to home" is a politically correct answer (not that he's not happy to be home). You would never see him come out to say that the Canadiens asked him to be traded! Imagine the political debate!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote